Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kati

Renault Under Investigation?

Oh no, I am yet another one. Yeah, so I am a Renault fan but at the same time want no manufacturers in the sport so what? Who said I should be simple and predictable? :P

No one did. We can't imagine a TF1 where you made any sense. :mf_tongue:

No one did. We can't imagine a TF1 where you made any sense. :mf_tongue:

Yeah, I dreamed that there was this family of psychotics from Bolivia who were after me to cut me to pieces. I fought them with an umbrella and...

:eusa_think:

Yeah, I dreamed that there was this family of psychotics from Bolivia who were after me to cut me to pieces. I fought them with an umbrella and...

:eusa_think:

they shoved it (umbrella) up your back and opened it....thats why you don't remember...

Symonds was given a more lenient sentence after accepting his part in the conspiracy, as well as communicating his "eternal regret and shame" to the 26 members of the council.

http://www.totalf1.c...an_for_Renault/

Oh - I thought you meant he actually admitted it. Like said something like, "I planned the crash with Flav and ordered Jnr to do it." Telling us about when and how they orchestrated it would be handy too. Accepting it just means he said "yeah whatever you want to say is fine by me" to the FIA in order to get a lighter sentence.

Far more importantly (since this is what I was talking about) he has still, in no way, actually pointed at Flav. No one from within Renault has. Not one person. Renault simply claim to have run an internal investigation and found him guilty. Laughable.

A few things spring to mind, firstly that the FIA/WMSC must have had a similar amount of evidence against Briatore as they had for Symonds, that we are unaware of, and his failure to "own up" explains his harsher sentence than Symonds. Either that, or the WMSC is a shambles and this was just a personal vendetta against Briatore. You decide that one :lol: In any event I feel no sympathy for Briatore (he's just too rich to feel sorry for).

Do note, even if this was a personal vendetta against Briatore, and the evidence against him was as thin as it seems, he was almost certainly involved (as confirmed by Renault's internal investigation). It is still justice even if it is reached through an unjust method ;)

Before the case everyone was insisting there was more than enough evidence/proof to find Flav guilty of planning the crash. If they were dubious, they confidently projected that more evidence would come to light during the hearing that would prove it beyond doubt. Still nothing has materialised.

Now people are starting to realise that they've been hood winked. With FIA's investigation (lol), Renault's "Internal Investigation" (lol) the only evidence saying Flav planned this comes from Jnr's lips. Not even Symonds (after rolling over for a lighter sentence) would incriminate Flav. We might all think he did it, but let's face it - the punishment was dished out soley to him, when he was the party they had the least evidence against.

That confirmed exactly what FIA wanted it to - I wrote about the unsurprising nature of this before.

No it's not - justice would be Max being banned from motor racing for life too.

Corrected your post ^ - this whole sordid affair has the unmistakeable whiff of Bernie all over it too.

thank you

The whiff, before anyone asks is of stale cabbage, mixed with a fishy kind of smell :)

Oh no, sorry. That's not Bernie. That would be me.

On the other hand, if Flav actually planned something like this, then Bernie certainly knew. If Bernie knew this we can reasonably guess that Max knew about this, too.

Carlos Gracia, head of the Spanish motor sport federation and amember of the FIA's world motor sport council, was also shocked by thelife ban."Briatore's [penalty] seems to me excessive, there wasno clear proof against him and he was not able to defend himselfeither," he told the Spanish sports newspaper AS. "Morever, I wouldn'trule out him going to ordinary justice because he has been left withouthis means of earning a living."

Briatore, a business partner ofFormula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone and leading figure in the FormulaOne Teams Association (FOTA), did not attend yesterday's hearing.

Mediain Italy suggest he might now consider setting up a rival series toFormula One. Briatore was among those planning a breakaway series whenteams clashed with the FIA earlier this year and he has long said F1has become too boring.

source

please let him sue Max - unfortunately Max is too clever weasley and hides behind FIA.

source

please let him sue Max - unfortunately Max is too clever weasley and hides behind FIA.

Although I do not like Briatore I would not mind him sueing FIA and Renault. Imagine that he wins, that would be sizeable financial damages to be paid by FIA and Renault. We will all (including Briatore) have to wait for full decision to be published by WMSC to see what was basis for such penalty against Flavio and Pat and no penalty for Renault.

Briatore will have free hands and lots of time to launch his paralell series to compete with F1. He has Bernie, there are plenty of good tracks outside the calendar and some F1 tracks that might be lured too.

Flavio was always the main force behind the breakaway series, has many contacts, was the main supporter for improving the show business part of F1...he might actually succeed...

Flav wont succeed! Who is going to want to be associated with a cheat?!

Piquet?

Nah, of course. Nobody would want to race for an unscrupulous guy like Flavio. They rather race for Max and Bernie...*cough*

Flav wont succeed! Who is going to want to be associated with a cheat?!

There is no way to become top banana in F1 Team without cheat somewhere along the way up. All of them are tainted.

Briatore will have free hands and lots of time to launch his paralell series to compete with F1. He has Bernie, there are plenty of good tracks outside the calendar and some F1 tracks that might be lured too.

Flavio was always the main force behind the breakaway series, has many contacts, was the main supporter for improving the show business part of F1...he might actually succeed...

I agree with you....He can do it.....

His image is not as tainted as what people think, its FIA trying and doing everything they can in their power to look like that. Flavio is cunning...Bernie too...Who knows, perhaps after Max goes, Bernie may quitely let Flavio rejoin the show.

Piquet?

Nah, of course. Nobody would want to race for an unscrupulous guy like Flavio. They rather race for Max and Bernie...*cough*

:lol:

I have to agree with Ben. What track would open their arms to a series run by a man who's gone down as a cheat? I know if I owned a track I wouldn't. But serves him right. Dug himself into his own grave.

:D I thought you were: Choritzo, Tequila and stale wee?

Oh no, that's Paul. :D

Hey that's not fair, I don't eat chorizo or drink tequila!!! Hang on :eusa_think:

I have to agree with Ben. What track would open their arms to a series run by a man who's gone down as a cheat? I know if I owned a track I wouldn't. But serves him right. Dug himself into his own grave.

Have you ever run into associate in the store that would not sell you something because: "you do not deserve it" or "you are to obese, you should not eat any more chocolate" or "you have too many speeding tickets" or "you cheated your wife"?

If you own track you sell track time to anyone with money to pay for it. Otherwise, you go out of business soon.

Have you ever run into associate in the store that would not sell you something because: "you do not deserve it" or "you are to obese, you should not eat any more chocolate" or "you have too many speeding tickets" or "you cheated your wife"?

If you own track you sell track time to anyone with money to pay for it. Otherwise, you go out of business soon.

ya

And you are telling me that Max and Bernie's morals are purer than Flav's????

Besides Flav has money, a link to Bernie and connections and as the old adage goes there's no such thing as bad publicity.