Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Alonso: "I Never Asked To Be Number One"

i can see a senna/prost hamilton/alonso driver paring this year.

Its 2010. Not 2007. Unless I've read you wrong?

Do you mean Alonso/Massa will be same as Alonso/Hamilton?

i can see a senna/prost hamilton/alonso driver paring this year.

By mid season (at the latest, at the earliest, spring ^_^ ), Massa will be at Fernando's throat, he will be fuming. There will be fireworks, Massa will leave at the end of 2010. So predicteth moi.

Its 2010. Not 2007. Unless I've read you wrong?

Do you mean Alonso/Massa will be same as Alonso/Hamilton?

Yea, i am guessing.

By mid season (at the latest, at the earliest, spring ^_^ )

Zing!

, Massa will be at Fernando's throat, he will be fuming. There will be fireworks, Massa will leave at the end of 2010. So predicteth moi.

That seems like the most probable scenario right now. On Massa's defense (despite his less than classy comments even before Nando arrived), I must say that this all will probably seem a little unfair to him. I mean, the guy worked his a## off for Ferrari, gave 110%, improved lots since his spinfest performance at Silverstone, asserted himself over Kimi, and had to endure two big disappointments: Brazil 2008 and the accident in 2009.

He was also pampered by Todt and Schumi...and what does he get? The team is now all about Alonso this, and Alonso that and...oh, of course, Massa too.

Can't blame the kid for feeling hurt. Let's see if that turns him into a bitter Alonso 2007 like character or he deals with it some other way.

But if Massa wins the title... eekout.gif

You will be crying foul for the rest of your life, just like you are crying about 2007...:P

Scuderia Ferrari driver Felipe Massa declared at the Wroom ski event that he is already enjoying a great relationship with his new team-mate, Fernando Alonso. The Brazilian dismissed the rumours that there would be tension between him and the double World Champion and added that he already has a better band with Fernando than he had with Kimi Raikkonen.

Massa said: "Things have started extremely well. We've already started to speak a lot about the car and what to do to have a competitive car.

"I've spoken more to Fernando now than in three years with Kimi. Perhaps this was not difficult because Kimi of course did not like to speak much, but I also worked extremely well with Kimi, even without speaking. So it was fine. I think we can have a very good relationship and we can work extremely well together."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When a driver enters F1, he is given a text book to memorize what to say to say to the press.. Massa is doing pretty well in that...Lets see how Massa behaves when he gets beaten by Alonso and viceversa....on the other hand, I think that if Massa gets beaten by his team mate, he will take it in a sporty way, looking at how he handled 2007, but I don't know if he would react the same if his team mate is Nando....:unsure:

Scuderia Ferrari driver Felipe Massa declared at the Wroom ski event that he is already enjoying a great relationship with his new team-mate, Fernando Alonso. The Brazilian dismissed the rumours that there would be tension between him and the double World Champion and added that he already has a better band with Fernando than he had with Kimi Raikkonen.

Massa said: "Things have started extremely well. We've already started to speak a lot about the car and what to do to have a competitive car.

"I've spoken more to Fernando now than in three years with Kimi. Perhaps this was not difficult because Kimi of course did not like to speak much, but I also worked extremely well with Kimi, even without speaking. So it was fine. I think we can have a very good relationship and we can work extremely well together."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When a driver enters F1, he is given a text book to memorize what to say to say to the press.. Massa is doing pretty well in that...Lets see how Massa behaves when he gets beaten by Alonso and viceversa....on the other hand, I think that if Massa gets beaten by his team mate, he will take it in a sporty way, looking at how he handled 2007, but I don't know if he would react the same if his team mate is Nando....:unsure:

My favourite bit is: "I've spoken more to Fernando now than in three years with Kimi. Perhaps this was not difficult because Kimi of course did not like to speak much"

"But what I don't want to be, for sure, is number two"

So what other option does that leave?

No. 3?

:lol:

:lol: My favourite part is 'but I also worked extremely well with Kimi, even without speaking. So it was fine.'

When a driver enters F1, he is given a text book to memorize what to say to say to the press.. Massa is doing pretty well in that...Lets see how Massa behaves when he gets beaten by Alonso and viceversa....on the other hand, I think that if Massa gets beaten by his team mate, he will take it in a sporty way, looking at how he handled 2007, but I don't know if he would react the same if his team mate is Nando....unsure.gif

TBH I hope, and I expect it too, we can see Massa, Button, Rosberg and Webber beating the presumably number one drivers but of course I'd like to see Alonso 3xWDC soon. If Massa win the WDC in 2010 I hope Alonso can help him and contribute to the WCC. I think Massa's never been the FIA's spoilt brat and I like that. Alonso's third title could be 2011 or 2012.

In this case we must go to the Rio Carnival!!!!!

I would congratulate him no doubt but I wouldn't go there even if Massa win the 19 races lapping all the other drivers in every race. biggrin.gif

I suppose the discussion with maure has tired me out, but I really, really don't care what these jack-nut drivers say anymore. To quote Rubens "Blah blah blah". Let them do their talking on the track.

I suppose the discussion with maure has tired me out, but I really, really don't care what these jack-nut drivers say anymore. To quote Rubens "Blah blah blah". Let them do their talking on the track.

Amen to that.

Bah, old age is making you grumpier :P

You know that F1 was never just about the drivers making their talk on the track. There's only so much you can talk about a sport that only takes up 36 hours in a whole year of actual action.

We need the off track BS to keep our minds focused, otherwise we might just have to have a life. An eerie prospect.

My favorite part is: "I don't know what Kimi gave to the team," he said when asked what he can bring that Raikkonen didn't. "

My favourite part is

Umm there is no favourite part

My favourite part will be watching him throw his toys out after Massa gets the better of him even with a hole in his head. How smug and conceited can he be, and it is amazing that smugness has lasted through the humiliation of 2007. He has convinced himself the world was against him and that's why he was Sh#t. Guess what Mr. Fernando, you're not all that and a rookie thrashed you so bad.

Source: My linkhttp://www.totalf1.com/full_story/view/328591/Ive_never_asked_to_be_number_one__Alonso/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discuss.

Haha Andres, I find it hilarious that you resort to this....yes, he probably never asked to be number 1, he demanded it!!! Just like at Mclaren when he could'nt accept the fact that a rookie was beating him

My favourite part is

Umm there is no favourite part

My favourite part will be watching him throw his toys out after Massa gets the better of him even with a hole in his head. How smug and conceited can he be, and it is amazing that smugness has lasted through the humiliation of 2007. He has convinced himself the world was against him and that's why he was Sh#t. Guess what Mr. Fernando, you're not all that and a rookie thrashed you so bad.

I can't get it out of my mind how he went on about how the good guys won and the bad guys (Ferrari) lost when he won his 2nd title. How could he go from that to being chosen a Ferrari driver

Well Ferrari don't have standards any more, I mean, they chose "I went for a Sh#t and don't give a Sh#t" Kimi of all people.

Well Ferrari don't have standards any more, I mean, they chose "I went for a Sh#t and don't give a Sh#t" Kimi of all people.

:lol:

Yeah, they used a stethoscope instead of a microphone for car-to-pit transmissions. Just to be sure he was still alive.

I'm really glad you took that Prophet phrase out of signature, because of your Alonso will never ever race for Ferrari statement....I mean it's really bad for your reputation that Ferrari does'nt have standards anymore