Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHS

Super Cool United Britainland Grand Preeeee.

So, apparently there is some sport this weekend.

One includes real men, the other is a farcial sport in which most of the UK couldn't care about currently.

No, you got them the wrong way round! Yes, it's the World p**s Take Cup final, but the majority of INGER-LUND won't really pay much attention to it because "we're" out even though ZOMG Freddy Lampost scored a goal, I saw it with mine own two eyez! Screw you FIFA! etc, etc, etc.

No, the sport that England actually looks like doing well is the Grand Prix. Currently two British drivers lead the championship and go into Silverstone as the favourites to pick up another victory with a big upgrade planned that McLaren hope will give Britons something to cheer about at last.

But you can't discount anybody in Formula One. As Murray Walker used to say, "Anything can happen in Formula One - and it usually does!" several drivers will be keen to upset McLaren's party.

As ever with any great England clashes, there's Australia and Germany involved. Webber will be determined to win his first British Grand Prix in his "home" country and you cannot discount last year's British Grand Prix winner and victor last time out, Sebastian Vettel. It was ominous that on a track that shouldn't have suited the Bulls, they won.

And of course, there's Alonso. He'll be fired up to turn his frustrations at his home race last time out into victory, even if it means the prospect of getting booed at by 1,558 British fans (myself and my dad will be the only two cheering, I suspect, in that eventuality).

You can never right off Robert Kubica and Renault of late too. The pole has shown great performances through the season so far, and has impressed many. Renault firmly believe they are now the fourth fastest team, but can they suprise again this time out? Williams too, hit form at Valencia. They'll be hoping their purple patch continues for their home race with a new "blown" diffuser on their car. A win in unlikely, but Barrichello will be aiming to go even better than his fifth at the last race.

Mercedes too, will be determined to stamp their authority over the previous two and return to the rostrum again.

Add in the British unpredictable weather (we're having a heat wave of late, so rain can be guaranteed for race day!) and the new, faster layout of one of the oldest venue on the Grand Prix circus, and it shows the traits of continuing the exciting season that is unfolding in 2010.

I'll be there all three days and will hopefully* give you a great race report from the comfort of your computermabob, including pictures from the weekend.

*-Yeah, "hopefully". I've been having internet problems of late and we've had to order a new MODEM and router, but all being well, it should be up late Monday, early Tuesday-ish.

I'm there too. LETS GET IT STARTED, HA! Three days of burning rubber, junk food and I'm not even drinking! Alcohol in case you were wondering.

COME ON JENSON!

I never normally bother with the transcript of the press conferences, but that one was a good read, cheers Tanita :thbup:

Well. Just witnessed FP3 with my own eyes. Red bull look set to dominate, despite though not too sure why Vettel ran off. Looked like front wing damage on the screens (can someone please confirm) the McLarens updates are giving them jib, Jenson's in 12th but its only practice. Anything can happen in qualifying.

I'm going to spend a fiver on a cold beer and a fiver on a tray of chips now.

After qualifying, Steph's going to load up on Button merchandise!

Its weird. Its hot. I'm covered from head to toe. Wearing factor 50 sunscreen. Everybody's looking at me. Two years ago I suffered really bad windburn here that left me blistered for months. I return with radiotherapy burn. I'm sweltering in this ****ing wig. Drawn my eyebrows on and stuck some false lashes on to make myself look remotely human. I am literally melting off.

I care not. Once i have my Button cap, this bitch is coming off.

Right. Food. Drink. Later.

If the race is going to be as boring as the qualy, please bring back Valencia.

you want more "manipulated races with Hamilton breaking rules"? well, thats a first :eusa_think::P

you want more "manipulated races with Hamilton breaking rules"? well, thats a first :eusa_think::P

:lol: Nah, but the RBR drivers weren't even doing such a great job, yet they easily were 1 sec faster than anybody else. Sometimes I feel even Ide could pull good laps on those cars. Silverstone was always a boring track for me except when it rains and Massa tries to impersonate Gene Kelly on his car...:P

Alonso making the Ferrari look better then it is. Kudo's to him.

Alonso making the Ferrari look better then it is. Kudo's to him.

And kudos to Massa for making it look worse, thus highlightning Alonso's performance even more.

(Just messing with you :P)