Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jjoseph

'schu's Not On A Different Level'-button

'SCHU'S NOT ON A DIFFERENT LEVEL'

Sunday, 19, December, 2004, 00:09 itv-f1.com

Jenson Button has insisted that the biggest difference between Michael Schumacher and the rest is his equipment.

The Brit is convinced that if any other top driver took Schumacher

Jenson Button has insisted that the biggest difference between Michael Schumacher and the rest is his equipment.

I don't exactly agree with that. MS developed the Ferrari from the position it was in 1996 in the first place and if he has the best car on the grid I think atleast half the credit should go to him

There goes Button again!! I think he's really letting all the media hype, particularly the patriotic British press that absolutely adores him (and understandablity so), get to his head.

"Never underestimate you enemies." If he really thinks the only difference between himself and Michael Schumacher is the car, he's setting himself up for failure next year. If so I assume Jenson that you train as rigoriously as Michael, study telemetry with engineers indepthly and motivate each member of the team on a daily basis. Oh yeah, you did do that by trying to switch team.

I'm all for confidence, but this is the stuff of downright arrogance. While Montoya loves to credit Michael's car, even he didn't go this far to write off Michael's talents. Interestingly the man who says the least in this respect, is also the one whom most believe is Michael's biggest threat: Kimi (and does the most on track too). I think that says something about confidence and blind c##Kiness.

I think Button's true merit will be proven in 2005.

There goes Button again!! I think he's really letting all the media hype, particularly the patriotic British press that absolutely adores him (and understandablity so), get to his head.

"Never underestimate you enemies." If he really thinks the only difference between himself and Michael Schumacher is the car, he's setting himself up for failure next year. If so I assume Jenson that you train as rigoriously as Michael, study telemetry with engineers indepthly and motivate each member of the team on a daily basis. Oh yeah, you did do that by trying to switch team.

I'm all for confidence, but this is the stuff of downright arrogance. While Montoya loves to credit Michael's car, even he didn't go this far to write off Michael's talents. Interestingly the man who says the least in this respect, is also the one whom most believe is Michael's biggest threat: Kimi (and does the most on track too). I think that says something about confidence and blind c##Kiness.

I think Button's true merit will be proven in 2005.

Button is in for some serious racing this season - Lets hope he has helped develope the car into a real challenger. If the performance drops he should just shut up. He has talked the talk for too long, we need him to now walk the talk!

I tell you JB may be good but he should talk only after he starts snatching races wins from MS. He has shown a lot of consistency this season but speaking of a seven time champion like that when he is still to win does'nt reflect well.

bulls##t sums it up right!!!

should we begin to call button mr obvious. eg schumacher can be beaten? what planet is he on? i mean the guy breathes and plays soccer!!!

i think that to say if any driver was put in a ferrari they would be winning is true but the fact is that schumacher isnt just going to lie down and let them win. it would be a titanic battle!

i think too that the reason ferrari always do well is that they are always on edge. if you look at brawn or todt they always look so serious esp todt. button hasnt a clue and his dream of being a champ is getting further away the more he opens his mouth.

has there ever been a champion who hasnt won a race? maybe button will be it?

Im just waiting for him to say 'this is my year' :lol: He's said everything else, so why not take over the mantle from DC.

[quote name='nojvnof1' date='Dec 21 2004, 06:27 AM']Im just waiting for him to say 'this is my year'  :lol: He's said everything else, so why not take over the mantle from DC.
[right][post="20283"][/post][/right][/quote]
The boy is in denial. He believes the only reason MS beats him is because he has a Ferrari. If MS was in the sister BAR, JB would be made to look rather ordinary. If JB was in the sister Ferrari, he would look even more average as he would do a shoddier job than RB.
If KR, MW, JPM, FA were given the sister Ferrai they would not touch MS, they would push him - just like RB, but would not be able to get the better of him. That is the unfortunate truth. So all this RB bashing is unrealistic.
If Senna were alive and in the Ferrari, he would take all the poles in the year. He would out-qualify MS , but come sunday he would have his hands full and the race wins would be split 50/50 - on a wet track MS would make him look like a boy though. So MS would win the championship one year and Senna the next - none would be able to completely dominate the other! So it's beautiful and eloquent crap for people to suggest one is better than the other! The truth is they have been the two greatest drivers in F1 history and we will be talking about them forever! One thing though - Senna had more charisma and will always win in any poll. But judging by skills alone it would be impossible to tell - Senna drove on the edge through out and between the two is the more likely to break a car. Senna dictated to the car, MS dances with the car and if it doesn't listen he passuades it!
Both have the ability to drive out of the pits and hit the limit immediately - not even JPM known for his raw speed comes close to these two. Most drivers can do 1 fastest lap during the race, MS can string upto 3 in a row. As his tactitian if you set a target for him, 99.9% of the time he will meet it - making it a joy for someone like Ross Brawn to work with him. Brawn would be very frustrated working with any other driver!
What lets the other drivers down is their technical ability - and it's an area the do not work hard enough. In today's game you have to be both physically fit and technically sound. So there is more to Ferrari dominance than just the car and there is more to MS than just the Ferrari car!! They say it's the team and resources, they are right - but who has built the team? who motivates the team? Who delivers the results and makes them proud of what they are doing?

Come on what are u all moaning about. I think its great that Button is talking like this! If he didn't, people would criticise him. And if he does, you lot criticise him anyway. His comments are giving us all something to think and talk about, and thats a good thing

If Senna were alive and in the Ferrari, he would take all the poles in the year. He would out-qualify MS , but come sunday he would have his hands full and the race wins would be split 50/50 - on a wet track MS would make him look like a boy though. So MS would win the championship one year and Senna the next - none would be able to completely dominate the other!

Senna was amazing in the wet

Come on what are u all moaning about. I think its great that Button is talking like this! If he didn't, people would criticise him. And if he does, you lot criticise him anyway. His comments are giving us all something to think and talk about, and thats a good thing

How did I think you would say that jemstride :D:lol:

Because you have a problem with whatever I say cos you don't like knowing that I'm right and you're wrong!! Button prove his merit?? What has he been doing all year this year then?! It's JV who needs to prove himself more than anyone. I'm really not expecting anything impressive from him in 05 at all, but if he proves me wrong I'll admit I was wrong

Senna would not have won the title in 1994. He made mistakes because he was under pressure and Schumacher was a big surprise, he was too good. Senna would have won races but Schumacher pretty much won every race that he was allowed to compete in that year, except Japan. Shame he had to cheat to finish it off though

The FW16 suffered from chronic handling problems and generally lacked pace at the beginning of the 1994 season but despite this Senna still beat Schumacher to line-up on the front of each grid he entered that season. Schumacher

Because you have a problem with whatever I say cos you don't like knowing that I'm right and you're wrong!! Button prove his merit?? What has he been doing all year this year then?! It's JV who needs to prove himself more than anyone. I'm really not expecting anything impressive from him in 05 at all, but if he proves me wrong I'll admit I was wrong

It is the irony that is prevailing. Jv has won a championship and you people say he ahs to prove himself and Jb has'nt won a single race yet and you say he is the champion of drivers. mark you I never said JB was'nt good. I agree

that he is consistent but...................

button is obviously in a better postion than us to judge schumacher but sometimes the tactics that schumacher uses to elbow out his opponents are really crude but really effective.sometimes i have felt that he is really cruel but it all comes together and he wins. he made montoya look like a bumbling baby many times and shuey also had it from montoya sometimes. button is not really a tough racer beause if people can talk about webber in a minardi then button should have mabde people talk about him more when he was at BAR, at least a few exiting overtaking maneuvers.instead all he did was qualify well and drive a straightforward race. sato i feel is a great driver and without all those engine blowouts things would have been better.

button is obviously in a better postion than us to judge schumacher but sometimes the tactics that schumacher uses to elbow out his opponents are really crude but really effective.sometimes i have felt that he is really cruel but it all comes together and he wins. he made montoya look like a bumbling baby many times and shuey also had it from montoya sometimes. button is not really a tough racer beause if people can talk about webber in a minardi then button should have mabde people talk about him more when he was at BAR, at least a few exiting overtaking maneuvers.instead all he did was qualify well and drive a straightforward race. sato i feel is a great driver and without all those engine blowouts things would have been better.anyway schumacher is way avove the rest in race craft.

I said he won almost every race that he was allowed to compete in, meaning that he was disqualified from some races that year. This was what enabled Damon to close the gap

OI leave button alone, he only speaks the truth. It was clear that the moment schumi won the championship, his performance decreased dramatically cause he couldnt be bothered basically but anyway thats nothing to do with what im gonna say just wanted to point it out. shove jense, kimi, juan, fernando in shumis car, they would have more than deffinantly have won, or come very close, yes shumi is a good driver, but he has the best car on the grid, thats why he wins all the time, no offence but rubins isnt really that great, t5he only reason he was second was cause of his machine, if they all hadexactly equal machines, no difference, shumi will b near the top, but the others are soo much better. this prob dosnt make sense, but jenson does speak the truth that shumi is nothing without his ferrari. soz i hate him. ok ive blabbed on too much now lol.