Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

The Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix 2012

Bradley! Has no one told you never to kick a horse when it's down? You big bully :P

Bradley! Has no one told you never to kick a horse when it's down? You big bully :P

I was thinking what the chances of a real competitive performance would be for Ferrari. There's no way! If it rains it will be even worse, with the handling that car has....

btw your Bradley! reminds me of the time when I was in school, grade 6 or 7... Tuesdays, English class, last session for the day, I use to fall asleep during proceedings and the teacher would go Bradley!

Maybe it's a duck, and gets better in the wet, since rainy days are made for ducks?

Certainly they will find it tough, as the car is not very dialed in.

As for Massa: if he continues to perform poorly, there aint no way they can claim it was the car.....or they claim it's the car and admit that Ferrari is a bit of a joke this year.

As for the others, I think we won't see a Red Bull on the podium. I think at least one step will be McLaren, one to Lotus, and possibly in with a sniff is Mercedes. I think that they (RBR) will be fighting over third with Merc, and maybe even a Williams?

Maybe it's a duck, and gets better in the wet, since rainy days are made for ducks?

Certainly they will find it tough, as the car is not very dialed in.

As for Massa: if he continues to perform poorly, there aint no way they can claim it was the car.....or they claim it's the car and admit that Ferrari is a bit of a joke this year.

As for the others, I think we won't see a Red Bull on the podium. I think at least one step will be McLaren, one to Lotus, and possibly in with a sniff is Mercedes. I think that they (RBR) will be fighting over third with Merc, and maybe even a Williams?

That's cutting it quite close for a Lotus win you say won't happen this year for Kimi. Or are you suggesting the win will be with a significant margin by a Mclaren

Maybe I am...or maybe I'm thinking a Mercedes engine will be on the top step....you just never know...

But the Lotus is not as fast as the McLaren, but on a par with the rest (at least thats how I see it), so that is why I doubt Kimi will get a win this year (that and Lotus will drop off in performance by Monaco)

Maybe I am...or maybe I'm thinking a Mercedes engine will be on the top step....you just never know...

But the Lotus is not as fast as the McLaren, but on a par with the rest (at least thats how I see it), so that is why I doubt Kimi will get a win this year (that and Lotus will drop off in performance by Monaco)

I would say after Monaco. Monaco still hide some flaws of cars and it's actually a race which I think Kimi can win...

You're talking too early. Sepang if dry will show how good cars and drivers are. We don't know yet, we know Red Bull and McLaren are good but maybe Lotus can beat them. Mercedes might be consistent on the harder compounds and very fast on the straights which is good if you have to pass during the race.

Time will tell.

You're talking too early. Sepang if dry will show how good cars and drivers are. We don't know yet, we know Red Bull and McLaren are good but maybe Lotus can beat them. Mercedes might be consistent on the harder compounds and very fast on the straights which is good if you have to pass during the race.

Time will tell.

About 86 hours worth....

This is Button's best track.

He ain't losing. Dry, wet, moist, whatever. Button's going for it.

Rosberg would blow a one-car race if he had to. Podium? In the dry, maybe. In the wet, Hülkenberg's got a step. I saw him race this track in the wet in A1GP, and that's the World Cup of Motorsport, he can manage in this silly little F1 stuff. A is better than F and all that.

Lotus aren't quite there, but they do need to take advantage of their performance now because I have a feeling McLaren and Red Bull will pull a little further ahead past them by year's end. Right now, they can steal podiums, so they better.

Ferrari strike out looking. Same as it ever was.

Hamilton has more to prove this weekend than Massa does. Because we actually know Hamilton can be better than this and he can answer a bad race (being so far off your teammate's pace is a bad race, sorry guys) with a good one. Hamilton's not in danger of being replaced like Rudy over there (little guy who can't do crap, gets to play for the best team there is, has his little day in the sun...then hangs around to be an investment scammer with a shady nutritional beverage and make money off over-blown lies he tells in motivational speeches, ruining his feel-good story when you find out he was the arrogant one who kept begging Disney to make a movie based very loosely on his life. Massa didn't exactly fall that far, but you know what I mean. Actually you probably don't, but I'm going to compare Ferrari and Massa to everything by the end of this year, so brace yourselves), but he's got to be fired up about losing that one, whether he lacked the pace or made an error or whatever he did.

Your looking at 20% chance of thunderstorms Friday, 60% Saturday and Sunday right now. I'd tell you those numbers are meaningless, and you know that already, but I can't, because I obsess over Nielsen ratings. ;)

Lately I've had this growing suspicions that Rosberg is not just one more driver, but the alpha and omega of Formula One. Have you noticed how he has become the standard meter by which every other driver is measured against.

Schumi is back/was just a lucky driver depending on whether he finishes the weekend ahead or behind Nico. That one was obvious. But if you pay attention to most articles, when they want to praise/bash a driver they mention that said driver overtaking/being overtaken by Rosberg. It is always THE overtaking move of the weekend, except a few exceptions when the big guys pass each other.

So, you see, Britney is the real soul of Formula One!

What does it has to do with anything? Oh, why should I know? I'm just passing through! Does anybody know a good stream site to watch the

(action, sort of, begins at 1:20)

:lol: The ultimate in control...how can they make such a claim without knowing how well Rosberg can time his movements to music?

By the way, are his pants blue or black? They don't appear to match the vest color and if that's the case, he needs his score (or whatever) reduced. You can never mismatch pants and a jacket or vest. NEVER. No excuses, no exceptions, no no no no no no. Black vest, black pants. Blue pants, blue vest.

Latest on the weather situation:

There will be lengthy sunny spells and some partial cloud cover around during the first session, as the teams and drivers continue learning with their 2012 machines in an effort to get a good balance and race set-up. Conditions are expected to remain fine for the afternoon, but it will be incredibly hot once again. CAPE values should diminish over the next 24 hours and little or no rain is expected – even at 5pm – thanks to a less volatile atmosphere. Air temperature will soar to an expected maximum of 32 degrees by the start of second practice, while track temperature should be in the 26-33 Celsius range in the morning, but approaching 50 degrees during the afternoon high fuel runs.

Projected CAPE figures are down slightly for Saturday and Sunday, but a threat of late-afternoon showers remains in place for qualifying and the race. But in the meantime, enjoy practice as another race weekend gets underway. I will go into much more detail on the weekend forecast once Friday’s practice sessions have concluded.

Don't bother with Malaysian weather predictions. It's like predicting..........oh wait I forgot that I'm hopeless at making legendary witty metaphors -_- FML

Weatherman over here thinks I post too many TV numbers... :P

Hahaha, well I think there's a 68.3% chance of rain on Sunday, and no doubt 5.33% of the British population will tune in to watch. :P j/k

Missed out on fap FP1. Seems RBR has upped their game. Or at least, Vettel has. Massa finally gets ahead of Alonso.

Anyone got any idea if Mercedes were practising in race trim? If yes, were there wide variations in their lap times?

I think this weekend is Hamilton's. He knows the car can win a championship this season. Last season he knew it was a hopeless battle for 2nd, he lost focus sometimes but this season everything's changed.

Pole is sure his.

I think this weekend is Hamilton's. He knows the car can win a championship this season. Last season he knew it was a hopeless battle for 2nd, he lost focus sometimes but this season everything's changed.

Pole is sure his.

Considering that Sepang is hard on the tires, I wouldn't be too sure of Lewis winning here.

Pole is sure his.

+1, I'm betting on Hammie for this weekend.... although the circuit is punishing on the tyres I think he will manage, in any case, every driver has to look after tyre wear...

I think button almost disregards quali for pole these days and spends all weekend on race setup, believing he will have the upper hand in race trim.

during quali however, the mercs may get in his way.

though for me, same as last time - Hammie pole - Jens win.

If Lotus can actually sort out their pre race reliability issues, kimi may sniff a podium - as mercs will fall away during race.

I really cannot read the RBR performance, but prob further behind then mt Horner would ever admit.

Ferrari.............lucky to make Q3 in dry.

oh dear, oh dear............what was I just saying about reliability.

A couple more weekends like this and Kimi will be ripe for the picking, merc drive for 2013?

Raikkonen gets five-place grid penalty in the Malaysian Grand Prix

source