Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Massa

2013 Grid

What do you want a source for?

:lol:

Just using the trolls favorite way of escaping from a corner. First you make a ridiculous claim e.g.: "Alonso is NOT a god" :rolleyes:

When everybody starts yelling, you play the "source?" card and have THEM browsing the web for a reply for your ridiculous claim.

Now that I explained the joke it's not as fun.

Dunno if you're joking, and maybe there's truth in that, but if I was in Schumi's shoes, no matter how unreasonable F1 FANatic's line of thinking might be (and half of it isn't all that unreasonable) I would probably feel like that too. Men are weak and their emotions play tricks on them.

On the other hand, Schumi is experienced and not dumb at all, he might really appreciate the fun and money, and I read that he hasn't been horribly frustrated this year even with all the failures... so yeah, any interpretation can work but it depends on the actual person, not our speculation!

of course I was joking, u know me better than that

laugh.png

Just using the trolls favorite way of escaping from a corner. First you make a ridiculous claim e.g.: "Alonso is NOT a god" rolleyes.gif

When everybody starts yelling, you play the "source?" card and have THEM browsing the web for a reply for your ridiculous claim.

Now that I explained the joke it's not as fun.

:lol: Oh. I wondered if it was a joke but I just couldn't quite see it. Damn you and your subtle jokes! Next time use a different font or something. Now I feel stupid and angry. Eric, ban him.

From the perspective of people who are not Schumacher fans, what happens in 2013 makes no difference. We either hear about how much more could have been and how F1 will never be the same again this winter or next.

From the perspective of people who are Schumacher fans, what happens in 2013 makes no difference. If he retires now, you'll talk about how sad it is he didn't get another year to prove he could win. If he retires after 2013, and does not win a race in 2013, you'll be begging for another year so he can prove he can still win. And if he does win in 2013, but retires after 2013, you'll be lamenting the fact that he still has the ability to win and isn't using it.

From the perspective of people who like F1, Schumacher departing sooner rather than later is better. I don't want an F1 where mediocrity is rewarded by getting second and third and fourth and fifth chances. Sorry, Michael. I would have loved to have been entertained by him once again, but better for F1 to let go and find something else. We have the opportunity to see Hamilton and Mercedes trying something new, Pérez at McLaren, maybe someone new at Ferrari who won't be so docile with Alonso...I'd rather see Charles Pic at Sauber. And I don't rate him at all but I'd rather get a chance to see myself be wrong again.

Did I say mediocrity and not mediocracy? Damn, Eric, ban me!

Oh, and, if you ever think the posts you read on the Internet aren't that great, try TV!

Here an actual attorney and a potentially illiterate drunk try to talk about Schumacher's future and end up on a jingoistic rant about IndyCar.

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/wind-tunnel-with-dave-despain/video-clips/wt-extra-schumachers-future-in-f1-1869986671001/1

I laughed at how horrible of TV that made, and how little content there actually was in anything said. :P

From the perspective of people who are not Schumacher fans, what happens in 2013 makes no difference. We either hear about how much more could have been and how F1 will never be the same again this winter or next.

From the perspective of people who are Schumacher fans, what happens in 2013 makes no difference. If he retires now, you'll talk about how sad it is he didn't get another year to prove he could win. If he retires after 2013, and does not win a race in 2013, you'll be begging for another year so he can prove he can still win. And if he does win in 2013, but retires after 2013, you'll be lamenting the fact that he still has the ability to win and isn't using it.

From the perspective of people who like F1, Schumacher departing sooner rather than later is better. I don't want an F1 where mediocrity is rewarded by getting second and third and fourth and fifth chances. Sorry, Michael. I would have loved to have been entertained by him once again, but better for F1 to let go and find something else. We have the opportunity to see Hamilton and Mercedes trying something new, Pérez at McLaren, maybe someone new at Ferrari who won't be so docile with Alonso...I'd rather see Charles Pic at Sauber. And I don't rate him at all but I'd rather get a chance to see myself be wrong again.

Did I say mediocrity and not mediocracy? Damn, Eric, ban me!

My thoughts exactly. I tried to watch the video but I can't from my current location. I tried moving rooms and it still didn't work sad.png

My thoughts exactly. I tried to watch the video but I can't from my current location. I tried moving rooms and it still didn't work sad.png

Actually that is both right and wrong. From a pure racing perspective, I'd rather give that seat to Narain than to Schumi, and let my youngest nephew run for HRT and both teams would benefit from the switch. Schumi's performance oscillated between mediocre and deeply embarrasing to anybody but his staunchiest fans since his come back.

But there's also the other part of us that cannot watch Schumi and see just an awful driver (I would have added old and overpaid, but I do not think his age affects him the least, as much as I don't believe Massa's accident had affected him the least). Whenevr I see him I still recall all those drives that even from a Schumi hater point of view, after taking in account the fact that he had a car that was miles above whatever the other guys had, considering that everything always went into his favor (yeah, the original "winner by luck" :P) etc.etc. he still was superhuman in so many levels that we still expect to see even a little glimpse of the old Schumi.

I do not bask on Schumi's failure in his comeback. No sense of "See? I told you so!". I wanted an epic fight between Schumi/Alonso/Lewis/Vettel. Only the fact that This year had so many top drivers able to fight at the top made his failure be less spectacular as we will still enjoy a gladiators' fight with the other three. Had this happened last year when it was a Vettel's monologue, it would have felt a lot sadder.

But to me that makes it worse! I haven't seen most of the legendary drives (and that's probably the biggest difference here tbf), but I think even if I had and I saw what I am seeing now, I would not want him to continue out of hope of reviving the old magic, I would want him to retire out of respect for it.

But no, I do not see Schumi as an awful driver. There are still probably at least a handful of guys on the grid worse than him. My argument is that I wouldn't support them getting a top seat (Ferrari) or retaining even a sort of top seat (Mercedes) either! Yet for Schumi the arguments come thick and fast, and hope is not enough to support them. By all means, let him play in the Sauber (if he must), though.

Edit: I realise my post doesn't follow Eric's "exactly" tongue.png I do agree with his main line of thinking about mediocrity, though.

But to me that makes it worse! I haven't seen most of the legendary drives (and that's probably the biggest difference here tbf), but I think even if I had and I saw what I am seeing now, I would not want him to continue out of hope of reviving the old magic, I would want him to retire out of respect for it.

But no, I do not see Schumi as an awful driver. There are still probably at least a handful of guys on the grid worse than him. My argument is that I wouldn't support them getting a top seat (Ferrari) or retaining even a sort of top seat (Mercedes) either! Yet for Schumi the arguments come thick and fast, and hope is not enough to support them. By all means, let him play in the Sauber (if he must), though.

Edit: I realise my post doesn't follow Eric's "exactly" tongue.png I do agree with his main line of thinking about mediocrity, though.

I meant to quote my own post, honestly. I think everybody should read it twice to fully comprehend the complex ideas it contains.

laugh.png Oh. I wondered if it was a joke but I just couldn't quite see it. Damn you and your subtle jokes! Next time use a different font or something. Now I feel stupid and angry. Eric, ban him.

Of course, you could have just replied with HP and that would have had his brain cell tingling for ages :whistling:

Of course, you could have just replied with HP and that would have had his brain cell tingling for ages whistling.gif

Ex-squeeze me? It's half a brain cell! So there!

:eusa_think:

Ex-squeeze me? It's half a brain cell! So there!

eusa_think.gif

No, I think you will find it is actally a whole brain cell, 50% output is good for you :whistling::lol:

Wonder if Kimi will make a move to Ferrari. I sure hope so. All will be revealed on Oct 17.

My guess is Sauber or Williams with a huge sponsor

It sounds like Narain Karthikeyan is staying with HRT in the body of the article, despite a headline over-dramatizing his contact with IndyCar teams.

http://auto-racing.s...indycar-switch/

I realize this wasn't the thrilling news about 2013 anyone wanted. tongue.png

Disagree. I know they say no driver is bigger than the sport, but I feel with Narain that is the case. If he left, I'd probably lose all interest. Glad you posted it.

The never-reliable Will Buxton tweets (literally everyone I follow retweets everything he says...) that Sauber is getting an all-new, "exciting" driver lineup next year. Knowing Buxton, he likes rookies, and he likes GP2 drivers, so that could guide speculation as to where this is going. Knowing Buxton, he's probably also wrong. :lol:

(Though truly I expect an all-new lineup myself, since Kobayashi's results haven't been good enough to make up for his lack of money, and Pérez is obviously moving up).

So that confirms Massa's return, then...

Points scored in the last five races:

1. Vettel 93

2. Massa 56

3. Button 55

4. Räikkönen 51

5. Alonso 45

6. Hamilton 36

7. Webber 28

Point? No wonder they want to replace him with Vettel. :P

Point?  No wonder they want to replace him with Vettel. :P

No wonder they want to replace Massa's car with Vettel's. :P