Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Lewis Hamilton

This is not a done deal yet. If it were, Ron Dennis would not have said two days ago that negotiations were sensitive. I believe the truth behind that steely gaze is the frustration that Lewis is not committing to McLaren unequivocally. Instead, he's arguing over cash. With Ron and Lewis's history, this is no doubt rubbing Ron up the wrong way. If it were anyone else, they would be out on their arse. I also beleive that Lewis may want a one year deal in order to keep hi options open. Mclaren will want him long term. If there is a will on both sides, they will make it happen. I still believe in my heart that there is enough of a will on both sides to get the deal done, just.

I think it maybe, and there are voices (yes I know lots of them) who feel Lewis burned his bridges last year, particularly with Ron D. Many people seem to be clinging to the logical point of view, why would Lewis leave. (cf Joe Saward today http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/09/17/driver-negotiations/)

He may just be being pushed http://thejudge13.com/2012/09/17/lewis-being-pushed/ XIX certainly have an interest in moving him on as why would they look good getting him a deal with McLaren not as good as the one his Dad sorted last time, and RD has been adamant many times that Lewis will have to accept less money.

Add this together with James Allen's opinion that there are those at McLaren tired of 'the pantomime of life with Lewis" http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/09/hamilton-set-to-move-to-mercedes/ and it doesn't look good.

First of, welcome to the forums. Some valid points.

I think Hamilton really is playing with fire at the moment, and it'd be incredibly easy for him to get burnt.

I honestly don't see why Hamilton is viewed so highly by Mercedes, particularly if he was to replace Schumacher. I think it is clear to most people Hamilton lacks the maturity and focus to really lead a team forwards, like Schumacher is very much capable of doing so.

I'd just love for this to somehow go completely wrong and for him to either end up without a drive completely, or have to put up with a drive at somewhere like Marussia or Caterham.

Sadly, neither is likely to happen, but I can dream, right? :P

First of, welcome to the forums. Some valid points.

This.

Indeed on all acounts.

Ditto. Personally, an announcement in Singapore would break the monotony of rain, rain and more rain - if you take any notice of forecasts.

Ditto. Personally, an announcement in Singapore would break the monotony of rain, rain and more rain - if you take any notice of forecasts.

Are you talking about the weather, or Eddie Jordan's spurious shennanigans?

Eddie's wet, for sure but quite why this race is held right in the middle of the dreaded south-west monsoon season is beyond me.

Eddie's wet, for sure but quite why this race is held right in the middle of the dreaded south-west monsoon season is beyond me.

It's the start of Bernie's sprinkler idea. This is the cheap option.

Or maybe they discovered that they get more audience when they're showing Kimi eating an ice-cream.

Doesn't seem to be doing them any harm on the basis it has never once rained for qualifying or the race since they started going there.

I like the idea of a Singapore race with rain and Grosjean back.

Then again, I am about to get my copy of Borderlands 2 so I am in a rather berserk mood...

And afterwards is Codemaster's F1 2012.

I need more some sex.

I thought Argentina was a place where beautiful women are plenty.

Beautiful? Yes.

With standards low enough to be with me? Nope.

Thanks god for internet contacts with people in jail looking for romance.

That is how I met Pabloh20...

I request the moderators to ban the immoral sex pest Andres who talks about ugly loose women. Loose as in, both character and...

Off topic, I hope Lewis stays on at Macca.

1.Too loose = nuts fall off.

2. Paddy Lowe has been told to tell the media that the 2013 car has been built with Lewis in mind.

4..Lewis will stay at McLaren

5. There was no three.

6. Three referred to an inappropriate story about when Andres and Paul spent some time in prison together

8. There is no seven.

7 involved dribbler stealing any and all contracts offered to hammilton.

9. (for the record) was Dribbler burning the photos of wen Andres and Paul forced him to join them in prison ;)

Beautiful? Yes.

Ah the good old days :lol:

I request the moderators to ban the immoral sex pest Andres who talks about ugly loose women. Loose as in, both character and...

Off topic, I hope Lewis stays on at Macca.

Exsqueeze me?? I may be ugly and loose, but I am not a woman.

1.Too loose = nuts fall off.

2. Paddy Lowe has been told to tell the media that the 2013 car has been built with Lewis in mind.

4..Lewis will stay at McLaren

5. There was no three.

6. Three referred to an inappropriate story about when Andres and Paul spent some time in prison together

8. There is no seven.

You seem adamant that Lewis is staying at Macca. It would seem to be his best option, though.

You promised never to tell that story.

Beautiful? Yes.

LOL! I did not know you were so funny.

Please stop talking about sexual things. You're hurting my non-religious sentiments. If you don't stop, I'll behead you.

Good one two in the present madness happening in France and elsewhere..

You seem adamant that Lewis is staying at Macca. It would seem to be his best option, though.

You promised never to tell that story.

He is the second best driver and Maaca will never let him go, or they"re plain stupid.

I saw somewhere that there are mutterings in the Stuttgart boardroom over the future of the works F1 team. I've been mentioning this impending development for some time now but it really will have a bearing on which way Hamilton jumps, if at all. If the team becomes a privateer, they will also become as useful as an umbrella in a hurricane as far as XIX is concerned with regard to buffing Lewis's global brand value. If Fuller is doing his job, he will be watching the situation hawkishly. There is clearly only one alternative to McLaren for LH and it would appear that the ringmeisters at Daimler AG may just be about to shut the door. It's probably time that Lewis started healing the wounds at Woking.