Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Alonso Or Kimi Gone?

So many words to say "He beat my beloved teen idol waaah"

The guy is universally considered the best of the past decade. Deal with it.

Amen, even when he returned to Renault, he put in some incredible drives in cars that were horrendously of the pace. Finishing in quite a handy position in the championship both years before joining Ferrari. Wheel to wheel, there is no one out the better and his defensive driving is so reminiscent of Senna it's not funny, all of a sudden his car is as wide as the circuit. Why do people also Beleive everything that has been said? Like Marko and Redbull saying they wernt intrested. Could have they approached Alonso and he said he wasn't intrested and to save dealing with the embarrassment, twisted the situation. It is indeed possible. Face it, weather he is a pain in the a$$ or not, there inst one team out there that wouldn't want him, reguardless. If people can deal with Lewis, the most certainly can deal with Fernando.

Guys, it's HOW Alonso has gotten to be considered supposedly the best of this decade....

Think guys think....

Chilton would have had 3 championships by now with a whole team structured around him and attending to his every need. No wonder Hamilton beat him as a rookie when they were on equal footing. heheheheheheheeheheheheheheeh

Luckily the bull will now end with Ferrari...whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Guys, it's HOW Alonso has gotten to be considered supposedly the best of this decade....

Think guys think....

Chilton would have had 3 championships by now with a whole team structured around him and attending to his every need. No wonder Hamilton beat him as a rookie when they were on equal footing. heheheheheheheeheheheheheheeh

Yeah, yeah, yeah...talk to the hand :P

Alonso is not where he wants to be and can't get there either - at least for another season. Mercedes is his target and he was led to believe his current employers were after Hamilton. Can you possibly imagine Lewis learning the lingo? I am joking but look, he wasn't on top of the shopping list was he? If LH wins the WDC, he'll stay to try and make it three and if he doesn't, he may replace Kimi. Nando believes he is a shoe-in at Mercedes in 2016. Really? Well there is Ricciardo, Kyvat even K-Mag and Lewis could stay a while yet. Even Ferrari don't want him and Ron will not give him €40m for a single season. He won't work as hard or efficiently on the new package as Jenson will and apparently he wants Button as his partner. Well, he has to have someone to crib the data off, I suppose and K-Mag is super quick and a real threat. He is a great driver but he is getting old by F1 margins. Even so, year out looks ever more than likely to me.

Think guys think....

What does that say about kimi then if he can't keep up with fernando? Slower than Chilton and fernando lol. Now bianchi is out, Chilton should have the whole team around him, now lets see if he can win a few gps.

Alonso is not where he wants to be and can't get there either - at least for another season. Mercedes is his target and he was led to believe his current employers were after Hamilton. Can you possibly imagine Lewis learning the lingo? I am joking but look, he wasn't on top of the shopping list was he? If LH wins the WDC, he'll stay to try and make it three and if he doesn't, he may replace Kimi. Nando believes he is a shoe-in at Mercedes in 2016. Really? Well there is Ricciardo, Kyvat even K-Mag and Lewis could stay a while yet. Even Ferrari don't want him and Ron will not give him €40m for a single season. He won't work as hard or efficiently on the new package as Jenson will and apparently he wants Button as his partner. Well, he has to have someone to crib the data off, I suppose and K-Mag is super quick and a real threat. He is a great driver but he is getting old by F1 margins. Even so, year out looks ever more than likely to me.

That is not certain, unless this is an attempt to convince us all that someone knows what is inside Alonso's head. I say Honda, with lots of performance clauses in the contract to allow him to take up a better drive, should it become available. There is no evidence to say that Alonso thinks he has secured an MGP drive in 2016 and what do we know about his work ethic? Nothing. Opinions are great, but that is all they are without substantiation.

Kimi got himself where he wanted to be. Seb got himself where he wanted to be, even Hamilton got himself where he wanted to be.........Alonso seems to have backed himself into a corner.

There's little point being able to manage a car if you can't manage your affairs a little better. The general consensus is that Alonso is considered the best all-rounder - so why has he found himself way off the radar of a competitive drive? is he really that toxic? Maybe time to call it a day, he's not going to get a chance at another WDC now! With each passing year, he soils his legacy and becomes just more negative.

People havnt really considered the possiblity that he might not go anywhere at all. His options will be the same next year and of he can't find a deal he wants, he may very well stay put and then Ferrari have shot themselves in the foot bigtime. Because like I mentioned before, if alonso stays, Raikkonen will have to be let go as I Beleive alonso's contract is a bigger deal than kimis in terms of money and length of the deal IMO. Very intresting indeed. But if lotus somehow deal the merc deal, it might coax some other drivers to reconsider lotus.

NO established drivers are considering Lotus. Maybe if they had a car like in the Kimi years, but the team is one Ijaz Monsor Press Release from folding.

I don't have to accept your notion Quiet One that Alonso is universally considered the "best" and not take into account his team destroying DNA, his past dishonest behaviour and so on. That's why legends of the sport like Stirling Moss who never even won a WDC are considered all time greats. They had speed AND integrity. Alonso only has one. What on earth can he hope to achieve by staying at Ferrari? Nothing because he will never get a team environment how it has been during the past 5 years anywhere or anytime ever again. Luca has gone, Stefano has gone. Mattiachi does not appear to like Alonso. They are no longer pandering to his every whim.

Yeah but the most succesful driver of all time had no integrity, he just did what it took to get the job done. The greatest drivers of all time all have this demeanour, it's what makes them succesful. Wheather or not Mattiachi likes him or not,the results speak for themselves, without him, Ferrari wouldn't have won a single gp since 2009. Let alone what wild position in the constructors they would have finished. Can't understand why people can't see that. Start of the season, kimi fans had al sorts of things to say about Alonso, but it's nearly seasons end and Alonso has wiped the floor with him. But yet it's still because he isn't used to the car. How much longer does he need to proove he can match Alonso? Any other driver would have been murdered on here by now of that was the case because kimis results are even worse than Felipe's ATM. The season more than ever should show people just how good fernando is, by the results against kimi. Since kimi is ranked as a god amoungst some, Fernando isn't doing to bad is he?

Actually and factually most genuine Kimi fans were happy he was going back to Ferrari and were well aware Alonso would most likely beat him. I said as much and other Kimi fans did as well last year. I had personally hoped he'd be closer to Alonso, but knew full well he wasn't going to be beating Alonso in his first year back in Red in a car designed for Alonso which is the total opposite of how Kimi likes things. Thus where's the drama at the end of the day?

I can have a go at Alonso all day long. He's done enough in his career to warrant that. It doesn't matter if I'm a Kimi fan, a Vettel fan or a Sato / Super Aguri fan, you're doing more talking about Kimi than I am. I'm talking about Alonso and you keep bringing up Kimi and Massa for some reason.

You think because I'm a fan of someone, I don't feel disappointment when they don't do well. Quite the opposite, but that doesn't change how I feel about the driver or who I am supporting. I don't ditch them when things are down. Where are all the fair weather Barca fans these days? Off supporting the next flavour of the month team like Real and Chelsea.

I've always been a Kimi fan. It doesn't mean I don't wish he was better at qualifying, had won the WDC in 2005 if he wasn't so gung-ho at the Nurburgring, but that's also the part of him that I love too. He does his thing, his way and gets on with life. He's brutally honest when he wants to speak and is one of the most popular faces in F1. So he must be doing something right. You don't have to always win to be a winner. How a sportsperson conducts themselves in defeat can have a greater affect sometimes on how you perceive them.

If Kimi sucks again next year, guess what, I'm still going to be a fan of his. But I will never question his determination or drive in the sport despite what some people thing or how the media in the past has portrayed him. If he's having trouble or not happy with the car, rather than attack him, or berate him, I instead wonder why? what issue is it? can he fix it, come to grips with it and improve? I don't sit there and go, oh man you suck, I'm going to go off and support another driver.

That is not certain, unless this is an attempt to convince us all that someone knows what is inside Alonso's head. I say Honda, with lots of performance clauses in the contract to allow him to take up a better drive, should it become available. There is no evidence to say that Alonso thinks he has secured an MGP drive in 2016 and what do we know about his work ethic? Nothing. Opinions are great, but that is all they are without substantiation.

It's not an opinion. Nando is not a car developer, he is a very canny driver. I have been in and around the pit lane since 1987 in one way or another, Andy and you get to know the strengths and weaknesses of the drivers. Mercedes was certainly his preferred target. He has little time for another WDC and they have the car right now. I really believe Ron will make the biggest mistake of his long career if he signs him and who is going to buy him out of his contract? I suggest a short contract with a ton of release clauses is not what Woking or Tochigi really desire.

I read on an article last night that Alonso only wanted a 1 year contract with McLaren for £40m. How is that going to instill a sense of anything other than him turning up for a paycheck I wonder. McLaren want a minimum of 2 years. His second stint at Renault was nothing more than him getting paid and burning time until he was in a Ferrari. He looked so over it at the time, thus I can imagine teams would be very wary of Alonso rocking up to only stay a year. He might be in some real trouble now, so a sabbatical can't be ruled out. Prost had to do it when Ferrari let him go, and Kimi chose that option as well.

Autosprint cited German sources in saying Alonso, 32, has already made contact with Mercedes.

Meanwhile, in the wake of speculation Ferrari might oust the struggling Raikkonen ahead of 2015, boss Marco Mattiacci insisted the Finn is a “driver that Ferrari needs for next year.”

That also ties in with the information of the respected Ferrari insider Leo Turrini.

“Maranello has not the slightest intention of questioning Raikkonen’s contract,” he said in his Quotidiano blog.

On the other hand, Turrini claims Alonso “has not yet responded to the proposal for the extension of his contract.”

And not only that, “Ross Brawn will accept a role only as an external consultant,” he added.

Brawn!?? Hmmmm.

Actually and factually most genuine Kimi fans were happy he was going back to Ferrari and were well aware Alonso would most likely beat him. I said as much and other Kimi fans did as well last year. I had personally hoped he'd be closer to Alonso, but knew full well he wasn't going to be beating Alonso in his first year back in Red in a car designed for Alonso which is the total opposite of how Kimi likes things. Thus where's the drama at the end of the day?

I can have a go at Alonso all day long. He's done enough in his career to warrant that. It doesn't matter if I'm a Kimi fan, a Vettel fan or a Sato / Super Aguri fan, you're doing more talking about Kimi than I am. I'm talking about Alonso and you keep bringing up Kimi and Massa for some reason.

You think because I'm a fan of someone, I don't feel disappointment when they don't do well. Quite the opposite, but that doesn't change how I feel about the driver or who I am supporting. I don't ditch them when things are down. Where are all the fair weather Barca fans these days? Off supporting the next flavour of the month team like Real and Chelsea.

I've always been a Kimi fan. It doesn't mean I don't wish he was better at qualifying, had won the WDC in 2005 if he wasn't so gung-ho at the Nurburgring, but that's also the part of him that I love too. He does his thing, his way and gets on with life. He's brutally honest when he wants to speak and is one of the most popular faces in F1. So he must be doing something right. You don't have to always win to be a winner. How a sportsperson conducts themselves in defeat can have a greater affect sometimes on how you perceive them.

If Kimi sucks again next year, guess what, I'm still going to be a fan of his. But I will never question his determination or drive in the sport despite what some people thing or how the media in the past has portrayed him. If he's having trouble or not happy with the car, rather than attack him, or berate him, I instead wonder why? what issue is it? can he fix it, come to grips with it and improve? I don't sit there and go, oh man you suck, I'm going to go off and support another driver.

No your right, good post, liked how you brought up the "jump in the bandwagon" barca fans lol.

I read on an article last night that Alonso only wanted a 1 year contract with McLaren for £40m. How is that going to instill a sense of anything other than him turning up for a paycheck I wonder. McLaren want a minimum of 2 years. His second stint at Renault was nothing more than him getting paid and burning time until he was in a Ferrari. He looked so over it at the time, thus I can imagine teams would be very wary of Alonso rocking up to only stay a year. He might be in some real trouble now, so a sabbatical can't be ruled out. Prost had to do it when Ferrari let him go, and Kimi chose that option as well.

Brawn!?? Hmmmm.

Ferrari let Prost go because all he did was bag the team to whoever would listen,co would have sacked him to.

Reading reports that Alonso wants a one year contract to drive for McLaren, whomever the contract is actually with, I am beginning to believe that he will take a year off. Ron Dennis seems to want him, but if it for one year only, why bother?

I do not believe Alonso is in a good bargaining position, despite saying he can go wherever he wants to go. If he gets too hard nosed with Dennis, he may end up with nowhere to go at all.

If he does take a sabbatical, I do not see a good drive in 2016, either. The only possibility I can see is if Raikkonen retries and Hamilton goes to Ferrari. I see that as a low probability, Hamilton's current demands are unrealistic but I think he will get more realistic if he begins to believe that he is in danger of losing the seat. Even if there is a seat at MGP, would they want him? As has been said, fantastic in the car but he comes with baggage. I also doubt he would get his coveted No.1 status there, either.

That would leave one seat with one of the main teams, alongside Vettel at Ferrari and I cannot see that as an option on either side.

If he wants a year of, it's because he is eyeing that merc seat in 2016. Why take a year of for? Stay put he will have the same options available to him next year. Iam starting to think Vettel caught him of guard. He wasn't expecting something to be so concrete so early and it now basically forces alonso to make a move.

I agree, Alonso said Vettel's actions were triggered by his thinking, but I tend to think Vettel ironed his plans to play several parties off against one another.

I think his strategy has crashed and burned, he now has only one option after burning the Ferrari bridge.

That one year contract thing tends to imply that, he has his eye on MGP in 2016, but there is no guarantee there will be a seat available and no guarantee he would get it if there was.

You do not think Ron Dennis has masterminded this, do you?

No way, there wouldn't be a team out there that wouldn't want him,even Mclaren.

I do not know if he will have an option. Ron Dennis will only take so much and a WDC for one year does not make sense for McLaren, the car is unlikely to be a winner in 2015 and they need some continuity.

All in all, I am thinking he might have nowhere to go in 2015 and take a year off. That year off could easily turn into a lifetime off, in my opinion.