Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Alonso Or Kimi Gone?

How much is Alonso's word worth? If he was supposed to sign with McLaren and then or Honda, and it comes up that maybe in 2016 a spot is going to be vacant, he seems exactly like the type of character to go back on his word.

Let's look at his abysmal track record thus far for moving teams at the wrong time.

Had he kept a cooler head, and for sure if McLaren backed him I'm sure he would have won 2007. Even if that meant Kimi missed out :(

McLaren still had a good car for 2008, thus he also could have won it that year.

RBR try everything to get him on board, he doesn't sign with them. Seb wins 4x in a row.

I don't know what type of person he is, but if it was me, I'd be having a few serious doubts and regrets.

Why would McLaren hire him for only one year, when they are going to need drivers for 2 minimum and longer to work out the kinks with Honda and improve? Purely for a paycheck is why.

And if he sits out a year, he's done trying to get a top seat, unless he's already signed a solid contract with Merc or something. I mean it did look to me as though Lewis was on his way out of that team only a few months ago.

I am not sure McLaren for 2015 would be for the pay check, more a holding pattern is how I see it. Same thing, really, I guess.

I agree one year is useless for McLaren and I am surprised they are pushing foe two years, more would make more sense.

Whats alonso's intentions for a one year deal you think?

To see if a seat comes free at Merc. Hey listen, he ****ed up big time but Dennis is enough of a twat to sign him for one year. Let's hope Honda can veto such a move and make him see sense.

Whats alonso's intentions for a one year deal you think?

Probably we will see three cars per team in 2016, which means lot of free seats with top teams! Alonso knows that and waits!

That's why I have a feeling maybe he's gone rushing back to the Ferrari table to try and stay another year, you know because he has a contract and all. That same contract he was willing to break and leave the team.

3 cars team might happen, but planning ones career around it before we know for sure is idiotic. Secondly, the master planner Mr Alonso whose said he's in control of everything then is sitting around waiting to see if Lewis leaves Merc, or if they allow 3 car teams. And he lost it big time at some journos a week or so back, so he isn't Mr Calm and Cool either at the moment. Doesn't look to me as though he's in control of anything.

That's why I have a feeling maybe he's gone rushing back to the Ferrari table to try and stay another year, you know because he has a contract and all. That same contract he was willing to break and leave the team.

3 cars team might happen, but planning ones career around it before we know for sure is idiotic. Secondly, the master planner Mr Alonso whose said he's in control of everything then is sitting around waiting to see if Lewis leaves Merc, or if they allow 3 car teams. And he lost it big time at some journos a week or so back, so he isn't Mr Calm and Cool either at the moment. Doesn't look to me as though he's in control of anything.

Boy, are you bitter.

he knows more than we do, so he has his reasons not to say anything in advance!

I think at this moment there are hard negotiation between Alonso and X, Y, Z!

Who knows what to Beleive, Vettel himself hasn't said anything except that he is leaving. Heck I read a story this morning that said Alonso and Vettel at Mclaren. So who knows whats going on.

Two weeks ago it was nothing!

Now if someone says that Flavio Briatore is next Pope, i would say, maybe , let's wait and see!

he knows more than we do, so he has his reasons not to say anything in advance!

I think at this moment there are hard negotiation between Alonso and X, Y, Z!

There's also the possibility that contacts have been signed that we do not know of.

Who knows what to Beleive, Vettel himself hasn't said anything except that he is leaving. Heck I read a story this morning that said Alonso and Vettel at Mclaren. So who knows whats going on.

Yup. Pretty much this.Websites and twitter are going crazy with alleged inside info and bits of "creative" journalism. The sheer number of contradicting versions that show up everyday shows how much guessing these guys are doing. Of course, when the actual facts come out, those who at one moment guessed correctly will boast about how they knew in advance, even if they probably also mentioned two or three other versions, you konw...just in case :P

One thing is for sure, it's been a while since silly season has been this silly!

You are dead right, I cannot recall so much garbage and mixed messages. I will be glad when it is all over.

I read the Vettel and Alonso at McLaren story, too. I would say that is beyond silly.

It is probably the last option in the permutations and combinations game, I cannot think of another possible team/driver combination, although I am sure there is one.

I did think at one stage the Vettel leaving story might be a wind up.

I heard Mark Webber is coming back to take sebs seat to creat an all Aussie Redbull team lol. Got to be as beleivable as the other garbage were reading doesn't it

Actually, why not Williams for the "real" Alonso, Massa to give way???

Not a bad option, what's the con's here??? Also, Williams have that sentimentality towards them

Why not!? Better car than Ferrari or Mclaren!

We'll see though. As of late Williams seems not to be able to car the momentum over to the following season in recent years, so next season we will have to wait and see. We might even see lotus claw there way back after securing Mercedes power.

There's also the possibility that contacts have been signed that we do not know of.

Yup. Pretty much this.Websites and twitter are going crazy with alleged inside info and bits of "creative" journalism. The sheer number of contradicting versions that show up everyday shows how much guessing these guys are doing. Of course, when the actual facts come out, those who at one moment guessed correctly will boast about how they knew in advance, even if they probably also mentioned two or three other versions, you konw...just in case tongue.png

One thing is for sure, it's been a while since silly season has been this silly!

Yep. It always make me laugh when journalists and 'people in the know' do that :lol:

From my own perspective, if I was looking at drivers for my team, I would still want Alonso above everybody else at the moment. People say he comes with baggage, that may be true, it may be not, but I could easily deal with baggage. Trying to make a driver who is not at the top level into a top level driver must be a much harder task (or indeed impossible if they do not have the ultimate ability to do so) than dealing with a few tantrums now and again. I know which one I would go for.

So I suspect Alonso is still very much coveted within the F1 circle at the moment and I suspect his options are pretty much open. Sure, he may have made a few wrong decisions on the way, who hasn't? The only thing you can do in those situations is knuckle down and prove it where it counts and in F1, that's on race day. You would have to say that Alonso surely has done that?

Things will get worse before they get better...latest rumour is that Alonso has bought Ron's 25% at McLaren lmavfa.gif

Something's sure, for all the knowledge and inside contacts, all journalists are going crazy just because of the silence of Mattiacci, Vettel and Alonso...I think if they delay their announcements one more week, all journos and experts will implode.

Things will get worse before they get better...latest rumour is that Alonso has bought Ron's 25% at McLaren lmavfa.gif

Something's sure, for all the knowledge and inside contacts, all journalists are going crazy just because of the silence of Mattiacci, Vettel and Alonso...I think if they delay their announcements one more week, all journos and experts will implode.

Pah. I know exactly what is going to happen and what announcements will be made over the next few weeks. When I actually see an announcement that proves I was right, I will let you know :whistling:

Pah. I know exactly what is going to happen and what announcements will be made over the next few weeks. When I actually see an announcement that proves I was right, I will let you know whistling.gif

Pah back at you. My sources in the know told me that it is 100% confirmed: Alonso will do something or other.

Or not.

You heard it here first.

Yep. It always make me laugh when journalists and 'people in the know' do that laugh.png

From my own perspective, if I was looking at drivers for my team, I would still want Alonso above everybody else at the moment. People say he comes with baggage, that may be true, it may be not, but I could easily deal with baggage. Trying to make a driver who is not at the top level into a top level driver must be a much harder task (or indeed impossible if they do not have the ultimate ability to do so) than dealing with a few tantrums now and again. I know which one I would go for.

So I suspect Alonso is still very much coveted within the F1 circle at the moment and I suspect his options are pretty much open. Sure, he may have made a few wrong decisions on the way, who hasn't? The only thing you can do in those situations is knuckle down and prove it where it counts and in F1, that's on race day. You would have to say that Alonso surely has done that?

oh silly you, there you had to go and make me laugh Paul