Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Redbull In Serious Trouble.

Well looks like Ferrari will only supply TR now and not RB. What a kick in the guts that is, looks like they have no alternative but to leave or try and mend tensions with Renault. But when you look at this issue in hindsight, you really get to see just how unprofessional and just out right stupid Redbull has been, let's look at it shall we? They sat down and tried to persuade merc into supplying them factory engines,which no way in hell would happen, so Redbull refused the offer of a b spec engine. Same scenario when they sat down with Ferrari and same conclusion only to end up with toro Rosso getting a b spec and Redbull,nothing. Now if this buyout happens and Renault take over lotus, Redbull will have to mend bridges with Renault and most likely have to take a b spec Renault, can you see where Iam going here? As I beleive Renault will have to take a similar approach to Ferrari and Mercedes to be considered serious, but that's my opinion. So Redbull try to go two steps forward but will likely end up a step back or swung out the revolving door that so many teams went through. Or they will take over Toro Rosso, be called Rebull Toro Rosso and Sainz and verstappen will loose a seat to give Ricciardo and most likely kvyat a seat back into the sport.

shambles

Ohh it is man, looks like if they want to stay, they may have to take a pu that is even more underpowered than before or simply don't compete at all, I think that is seriously the only option they have left or take over toro Rosso.

It's amusing how everything but the championship seems to matter

The headlines on the front page are a hoot.

2016 is decided already to, if development stayed the same across all manufacturers or regulations don't change.

What, his back door shenanigans, forcing someone to supply them more like it. Redbull brings to much money for him to just let them walk away. Seen that coming, just prooves how corrupted the sport is.

No its not a question of them wanting to stay. They are contractually committed to 2020 and if they walk away face paying damages of half a billion dollars. Plus all of the close-down/severance costs.

Therefore Bernie has to get involved...

Latest rumour I heard is that Red Bull are offering to sell the team to Renault (which is a better deal than Lotus - hence why the Lotus deal has not been concluded).

Well that makes perfect sense. But I heard if they sell it they avoid such fees as the team is still technically on the grid.

Remember back in April 1st it was said that Red Bull had bought Cosworth ? I wonder if they have??? and it wasn't a joke. would be a sensible thing to do IMO

Awesome if RBR have bought RBR, but why bother when you can't even develop an engine in these atrocious rules we have. If there were no restrictions, honestly it would be really exciting to see if each race what team has progressed. I'm over it. I'm over the Glamilton pony show. It's as predictable as a Manor coming last.

I want more from this sport. It's lousy. Once you really fall out of love with something, you often ever get it back to how it was.

Whenever there are major crisises like this they always end up getting resolved.....gotta remain optimistic! Cos what the hell is going to happen to those 4 drivers and 700+ jobs

latest blurb is Red Bull creating their own championship...... As I see it that is not impossible, like they created the Red Bull Air Race, the fastest form of motor sport, and it attracts HUGE crowds.

Yeah there not stupid when it comes to the marketing side are they?

yeah I reckon it's time that Bernie and his money grabbing mates get a bit of a shake up with a PROPER Formula that not only appeals to the Joe Public re cost of going to the track AND the type of racing.

I am sure that Red Bull could/would supply all of this, just watch the Red Bull Air Race to see how it appeals to the public.

RB put on incredible shows. From the cliff diving, air shows, those special events with Travis Pastrana trying to do some super jump onto a barge in the water. What about the balloon jump from the edge of space. Red Bull are in a class of one when it comes to all kinds of amazing. Just think how great it would be. Let Newey off the leash !!!

But it wouldn't be formula 1. It wouldn't have the history, the glamour etc, it may be fun to watch but for me nothing could ever replace f1