Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AutoRacer5

Greatest Engine

I stick by my original choices. The Honda's (mid-80's to early 90's) and Renault's (mid-90's).

The cosworth DFV would probably be my third choice, followed by the recent ferrari V10's which were utterly bulletproof and dominant!

If I can remember correct, I would say the engine which supplied the FW14B of 1992's champ Mansell which was the Renault RS4 V10 as the greatest engine in my opinion.

Renault ( when they were supplying Williams)...and Ford V8 when MS won the title....

DFV all the way! Does it have the record for most wins? If not then which engine does?

B) Cosworth dfv hands down :D
Cosworth DFV.
Cosworth DFV.

:thbup::thbup::thbup::thbup::thbup: There really is no contest.............

If I can remember correct, I would say the engine which supplied the FW14B of 1992's champ Mansell which was the Renault RS4 V10 as the greatest engine in my opinion.

Excellent candidate for second place!!!!!!

DFV all the way! Does it have the record for most wins? If not then which engine does?

Yup, the DFV has a record of 155 GP wins, a number so massive that it will NEVER be equalled again.

What, in your opinion, is the greatest engine to ever hit F1? I'd say the recent Ferraris, as in 2001 onwards due to reliability, though the Hondas in the late 1980 and early 1990s were good, as well as the Renaults in the mid 1990s.

Hi I

BMW's inline-4 1.5 litre turbo reaching 1500bhp for qualifying?

I don't really like turbo's and supercharger's so i'd have to say Renault RS25 "Shanghai Special"

Greatest ever engine in the greatest ever car, with the greatest ever team mates......... Mclaren Honda 1988!!!

I liked the sound of the Williams BMW engine. It really sounded great to me!

Yes, I went to a test session with the team a few years back, They sounded really mean!!!