Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AutoRacer5

Greatest Engine

What, in your opinion, is the greatest engine to ever hit F1? I'd say the recent Ferraris, as in 2001 onwards due to reliability, though the Hondas in the late 1980 and early 1990s were good, as well as the Renaults in the mid 1990s.

I would have to say this year, its would bbe either Renault and McLaren, but renault is ahead due to the two recent engine problems with McLaren engines

tough 3 way call between the Ferrari of 2000-2004, the turbo Honda's of the mid 80's to early 90's, and the Renault from 92-97.

the recent ferraris reliability was quite incredible however i would probably agree it should go to either the hondas and renaults of the said periods!

B) Cosworth dfv hands down :D

What, in your opinion, is the greatest engine to ever hit F1? I'd say the recent Ferraris, as in 2001 onwards due to reliability, though the Hondas in the late 1980 and early 1990s were good, as well as the Renaults in the mid 1990s.

How about toyota this year? :)

Well, I think that this year, Toyota have done a reletively good job, I just don't think that they can compete with the likes of Renault and Mercedes at this moment in time.

JS.

Here we're talking about engines and i think in the last 3 years, Toyota engine has only exploded once On Toyota and once on Jordan

Yeah, I think that Williams will soon be racing with Toyota engines in a couple of years, I thinkthat the above statement may be why.

JS.

I think the renault engine that was quite dominant in the 90s, then the Ferrari engines of recent years, but not including this years.

Best Sounding Engine: Leyton House Lamborghini V12

Most Legendary Engine: Cosworth DFV

I think this years Toyota engine has to be discredited from the running for this title. To be termed the 'greatest' the engine has to be dominant, revolutionary or memorable. Did the Toyota win anything? did it make a crap car good? or a poor driver win things? No it didn't.

Personally, I think the 1995 Renault engine could be a contender. It did afterall power both the leading teams, Williams and Benatton.

does anybody have a mp3 or sound file of these engins

I'll try and upload the Peugeot one I have, if I can find it that is...

Cosworth DFV.

Indeed

B) Cosworth dfv hands down :D