Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

Best Ever Driver?

Who do you feel is/was the ebst ever driver in F1 history. For me, Ayrton Senna.

Michael Schumacher. Statistics prove it, pole positions will fall. Opinions dictate everything, however mine is more of a factual approach. besides, Could Senna have pulled off a France 2004?

B) Fangio................look at what he drove, a tank compared to modern cars and to boot you make a mistake back then and you were dead more than often than not.................................

a highly debatable topic. however those who are excellent i think are:

Fangio

Senna

Prost

Jim Clark

Schumacher

Moss

and possibly Gilles

a highly debatable topic. however those who are excellent i think are:

Fangio

Senna

Prost

Jim Clark

Schumacher

Moss

and possibly Gilles

All excelent and to add to that list

Mario Andretti :D

:lol: nearly had you all there. Nah, Ayrton Senna for me hands down.

"Could Senna have pulled off a France 2004?"

The question should be could Schumacher have beaten Prost in equal equipment?

Pumpdoc does put forward a strong argument for Fangio, however I've only seen limited footage and read little bit's and pieces so I can't really judge him, although if I were to put a Top 10 list or something to that effect, he'd probably be somewhere in the Top 3 or 4.

Fangio

Senna

Moss

Prost

Schumacher

Andretti (Mario)

Clark

Nuvolari

Ascari

No particular order, But put Fangio and Moss at the top. These guys, and Ascari and Nuvolari really had to drive the car.

In my book, it'd be a contest between Schumacher and Senna.

I think if Senna had lived, he wouldda been fighting Schumacher most of the way through 94 (he rest of it), 95 and probably would've beaten Hill and Villeneuve in 96 and 97.

As for who would have won the Senna-Schumacher contest though..... very difficult to call. I doubt Schumi would be a 7 time champ now if they had had the chance to race each other more though.

Good point. Although I think that Senna had probably peaked before he died anyway. It's very difficult to say really.

JS.

"I think if Senna had lived, he wouldda been fighting Schumacher most of the way through 94 (he rest of it), 95 and probably would've beaten Hill and Villeneuve in 96 and 97.

As for who would have won the Senna-Schumacher contest though..... very difficult to call. I doubt Schumi would be a 7 time champ now if they had had the chance to race each other more though"

I'd agree with that. Had Senna not died, I don't think JV would have got in F1, well not with Williams anyways. That's not detracting anything from JV, however Bernie was keen to bring in someone with a big name, and someone fresh to challenge Michael, Jacques was that man.

I don't think Senna was past his peak when he died. He muscled that Williams into Pole twice in a car which was struggling compared to the Benetton. Williams personnel have stated that it was Senna's pure genious and skills which put that car on pole as they say it was not a Pole car.

I don't think Senna was past his peak when he died. He muscled that Williams into Pole twice in a car which was struggling compared to the Benetton. Williams personnel have stated that it was Senna's pure genious and skills which put that car on pole as they say it was not a Pole car.

B) Not to be anal but if I recall right Imola was either the 3rd or 4th race that year and Senna had the Williams on pole for every race...........

ah, cheers for the heads up pumpdoc. Senna put the Williams on Pole in the first 3 races of 1994.

For me, no contest Senna was the greatest!

Im not a fan of Shumacher, and im not denying he is a great driver but here are some reasons I feel Senna is better:

-Senna had competitive team-mates who were allowed to challenge him during his career(Notably Prost), Schumacher has not once had a team-mate who was allowed to do this.

-Shumacher has had a competitive car throughout his career, this was not the case for Senna who raced for Toleman(who were well off the pace) & Lotus(Similar to a BAR type pace in comparisen nowadays).

-People say Shum has the records but he has raced far more races with less compitition.

Senna raced up against Prost, Piquet, Mansell...

Shumacher against Villeneurve, Hill, Hakkinen(Who were no-where near the class of the above). Only in the past season or two have superb drivers like Alonso & Raikkenen come onto the F1 Scene. I recon the best two contenders to his crown.

-Shumacher has had a competitive car throughout his career, this was not the case for Senna who raced for Toleman(who were well off the pace) & Lotus(Similar to a BAR type pace in comparisen nowadays).

Disagree with that, this years car is a prime example of a car that isn't all that competitive, as was 96 and 97's Ferrari's I seem to remember. Also McLaren had superior car in 98 and Schumi took that down to the last round.