Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taku

Foster's Leaving Formula One ?

Australia's international beer brand Foster's is about to race away from formula one.

The 'Brand Republic' publication said the company's long running association with grand prix racing will begin to evaporate when Foster's withdraws its title sponsorship of the British GP.

UK chairman and managing director of parent company Scottish & Newcastle, John Dunsmore, is reported to have remarked that the formula one connection 'no longer fits with (Foster's') core strategy'.

Foster's has a contract with the British grand prix held at Silverstone until 2010, but Brand Republic said it is likely to have an 'opt-out' clause.

Also in doubt is the title sponsorship of the Australian GP.

Australian reports indicated that, with the beer market in decline, Foster's was likely to turn from grand prix sponsorship to, for example, international surfing contests.

http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html/modul...topic=8&catid=0

finally we'll be able to buy some decent beer at the gp's!

No more free drinks for Kimi after races...

hehe :P don't worry he have JOHNNIE WALKER

yeah...he always have a bottle under his driver seat... B)

Interesting, lets see if Bud dips their toes into this series.... They are into every other racing series around the world big time, but only minor car sponsors in this series.....

I would vote for Heineken, but that aint no fit. Hard Liquor is banned in America like tobacco, so that would not happen.

It's after 12 noon here in NYC and I am now getting thirsty....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

No More BEER! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I would vote for Heineken, but that aint no fit. Hard Liquor is banned in America like tobacco, so that would not happen.

It's after 12 noon here in NYC and I am now getting thirsty....

What about Jim Beam (IRL and NASCRAP) and Jack Daniel's (my favorite whiskey after Jameson's is in NASCRAP)?

Why not smirnoff vodka advertise in f1, thats my personal fave :)

O YES!!!!

Otherwise Absolute Vodka.

Actually the World MotorBike Grand Prix in South Africa was sponsored by Skyy Vodka.

All these Vodka's can sponsor Midland next year

True :D

Australian reports indicated that, with the beer market in decline, Foster's was likely to turn from grand prix sponsorship to, for example, international surfing contests.

That

Yes but the lovely Catherine Zeta-Jones made an English surf movie

:D

Probably whilst in your country considering our pitiful film industry and inauspicious weather

Pffft Fosters.

I'd rather drink me own urine then go anywhere near a Fosters.

The only time I enjoy a Fosters is when it is free.

Foster's confirms F1 involvement

The Australian beer company has moved quickly to scotch reports that it is reducing its involvement in Formula 1.

Foster's is one of the world's best-known supporters of Formula 1 and has been associated with the sport for over 20 years. Foster's sponsors three races: the Australian, San Marino and British Grands Prix and has premium trackside signage rights at 12 races and beer pouring rights at 13 races each year.

Foster's says that it has long term arrangements in place with F1 as the Official Beer of Formula One and with the world surfing championship competition, as title sponsor of the Foster's Men's World Tour and that it remains committed to supporting both of these important, global properties.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns15660.html

fear not fans of p**s poor beer at gps. fosters is not going anywhere.

I watched some surfing today on eurosport... because there was nothing else on mind you, plus I watched it for about 5 minutes then got bored.

Foster's confirms F1 involvement

The Australian beer company has moved quickly to scotch reports that it is reducing its involvement in Formula 1.

Foster's is one of the world's best-known supporters of Formula 1 and has been associated with the sport for over 20 years. Foster's sponsors three races: the Australian, San Marino and British Grands Prix and has premium trackside signage rights at 12 races and beer pouring rights at 13 races each year.

Foster's says that it has long term arrangements in place with F1 as the Official Beer of Formula One and with the world surfing championship competition, as title sponsor of the Foster's Men's World Tour and that it remains committed to supporting both of these important, global properties.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns15660.html

fear not fans of p**s poor beer at gps. fosters is not going anywhere.

I usually get Fosters when I am in the US as it is not nearly as bad as most of their beers. Of course, in Canada, it is not worth drinking with 100s of excellent beers available at The Beer Store, the only beer store in Ontario.