Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jjoseph

Williams To Confirm Rosberg For 2006

Despite hoping with all his might to secure the spare seat alongside his former Jaguar teammate Mark Webber at the WIlliamsF1 team next season, it appears as it Brazilian racer Antonio Pizzonia will be left on the sidelines for the second season in succession while team bosses sign another driver to take the ride.

As explained by our spies in Japan, Pizzonia wasted the opportunity given to him after two spins (one in qualifying, one in the race) during his first appearance at the Suzuka last week, a performance that left team bosses reeling. Although there is still one race remaining in the season, this was enough to see the second seat slip through his fingers.

Therefore directly after this weekend

Antonia will be over the moon at this news...

Good for the lad, Nice to see new talent in F1!

Great news, i would rather he was in a BMW but its good he will be in F1, will be funny if he beats MW in his rookie year! Im sure he will!!

I would rather him be in a BMW too. Not sure on him beating MW in his rookie year though - that is a bit expectant

I would rather him be in a BMW too. Not sure on him beating MW in his rookie year though - that is a bit expectant

Looks like the man who only make "crap decisions" is about to take another one...

2 out of the main three from GP2 with regards to Speed and Nico are in, but what about Kovaleinian?

Looks like the man who only make "crap decisions" is about to take another one...

what? You obviously know nothing about motorsports dear. And if that is reference to me saying Frank makes bad decisions - I revoked than once I found out Nick was actually injured and there was no choice in the matter.

2 out of the main three from GP2 with regards to Speed and Nico are in, but what about Kovaleinian?

Speed was never a major player in GP2, he just picked up scraps of points, Nico and Heikki were far better, and Nico was the better of the two - for the first about 5 races his car was inferior, nico is a much better racer than heikki and the pair of them were supreme to scott speed... he will get eaten alive in F1.

Just a few facts for the non believers in Nico;

- The only driver to win both races in one race weekend

- The only driver to score at every event

- Most points scored at one race weekend (19 out of 22)

- Most pole positions during the season (four)

- Most victories in a season (five

Your longest post ever :P

Not sure on him beating MW in his rookie year though - that is a bit expectant

I wouldn't bet against it.

Come'on there's plenty of threads about Button, lets not start another... ^_^

Indeed, lets not make any more with button

This is good for Rosberg since he did win the inaugural GP2 series championship. He will do allright, but not good, but mite have a couple of good races. Wish all the luck to you Nico

Antonia must be one very very happy girl right about now. I think Williams has made a good choice in Rosberg, he looks a big talent.

Your longest post ever :P

I wouldn't bet against it.

:lol: 2nd longest"longest was in usgp2006" thread

""

Just a few facts for the non believers in Nico;

- The only driver to win both races in one race weekend

- The only driver to score at every event

- Most points scored at one race weekend (19 out of 22)

- Most pole positions during the season (four)

- Most victories in a season (five – record shared with Kovalainen)

- Twelve podiums

Heikki had equal victories as his car was much better at the start of the season for the first 4 races, where Heikki scored 4 out of his 5 victories - he only scored 1 win after ART had actually set their car up right. However, Nico still scored points in a crap car. His team mate, Premat (who should have come 3rd in the championship instead of speed - more on that later) was racey stuff too.

Right... Speed... he did crap in the first race of Bahrain - he retired. So his team started him from the pit lane in the 2nd race on low fuel. Speed stayed last for the majority of the race in order for him to get clean air, so he could gain fastest lap. In the end, he finished 19th. In GP2 you gain 2 points for fastest lap. These dirty, yet fairly clever tactics by isport international made premat, who finished 3rd in that race, after driving like hell, lose 3rd in the championship by 0.5 of a point. Scott Speed is so overhyped it's unbelieveable. He's going to end up being the next takuma sato.

"quote" no point in mentioning previous drives, you can have have won every single championship you have entered ,doesn't mean you will be good in f1 though"""

above quote, i read, was posted by some one on the thread"narain the road so far" :naughty:

Right... Speed... he did crap in the first race of Bahrain - he retired. So his team started him from the pit lane in the 2nd race on low fuel. Speed stayed last for the majority of the race in order for him to get clean air, so he could gain fastest lap. In the end, he finished 19th. In GP2 you gain 2 points for fastest lap. These dirty, yet fairly clever tactics by isport international made premat, who finished 3rd in that race, after driving like hell, lose 3rd in the championship by 0.5 of a point. Scott Speed is so overhyped it's unbelieveable. He's going to end up being the next takuma sato.

Meh, YOU dont know that and maybe he'll kick Nico's a## around the moon next year. Who knows. You're just mad that there now is an American going to F1 who supposedly is undeserving. HIS LAST NAME IS SPEED! You dont see any racing drivers with that name!

Damn British.

what? You obviously know nothing about motorsports dear. And if that is reference to me saying Frank makes bad decisions - I revoked than once I found out Nick was actually injured and there was no choice in the matter.

WHAT???? Come on, you had a avatar with Frank and with him saying "Hi, i

Damn British.

excuse me? no need for that.

Good for Nico, and I hope MW gets embarrassed yet again, as he has done all season by Heidfeld. But its a risk so I wont be surprised if nico fails miserably. You just never know even if a driver has a brilliant record in lower categories. I hope he does well though!

above quote, i read, was posted by some one on the thread"narain the road so far

However, I said what I did about other drivers in exactly the same series, not in relation to them being in F1 at all...

WHAT???? Come on, you had a avatar with Frank and with him saying "Hi, i

Meh, he's still going to be there for 06, and if he does well, slap in the face then.

if he does well, good for him. Not a slap in the face at all, I just don't personally rate him.

by the way - saying "meh" is really annoying...

2006 will show.

Who could bet Alonso will be 2005 WDC just a year ago ? too few could...

Who could bet after 2004 that Ferrari will have just 1 win in 2005 ?

in 1988 Williams had bad time when Honda gone to McLaren.

Also in 2000 was hard task to develop BMW.

Williams likely to be in (or near) Top-5 next year, but surely ouside Top-3.