Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

JV Would Consider Nascar Move

I'm quite surprised what i'm reading here. If JV were to go to renault it would be the shock of the millenium, theres no way its going to happen. Fisi gave us a clue when he said his team-mate is going to be a Finn, and it looks to me like Renault are hoping to get kimi and if that falls through then they will put Kovalainen in the race seat

And i REALLY cannot see kimi going to BMW , however much money they offer. I dont think Mario has even publically said that he's trying to sign kimi. Kimi wants to be world champion and he's got the choice of the top 3 teams

Hmmmmmm, See the latest timesheets. You don't think Kimi wants to be a part of that???

If Briatore saw him winning another championship or felt his input could give an edge in developing the car he would have been bought out of his contract, happens all the time with younger drivers.

Actualy JV publically stated that he is a man of his word and a contract is a contract. No way he was going to turn his back on the man that gave him a ride back into F1.

Hmmmmmm, See the latest timesheets. You don't think Kimi wants to be a part of that???

Part of what, their practise times??? I dont want to argue with u but surely you must know better than that!!! Thats almost bajo39-like

Davidson is normally top of the timesheets, do u think top drivers should go to Honda cos of that?!

A simple thing called money. BMW are steadily improving, and are showing they have the skills to develop a fast car. It would be a great challenge for Kimi to help BMW get to no 1. There you would get credit for helping develop the car. At Renault or Ferrari, you will never get credit for stepping into an already fast car.

Yes YHR, but Kimi would be in the best position to BUILD the team around him nicely at Renault and Ferrari, much like the master Shumie, i think he's had enough of false promises from Mclaren, why go to a team that might struggle or are unstable to give him the championship, it's been up then down the last 5-7 years for BMW mate....

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or under a rock for the past decade, but Roush is a top tier team. Jack Roush had four out of his five cars in the top ten last year.

Hmmm....any thoughs as to which Roush driver would get the boot if they hire JV?

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or under a rock for the past decade, but Roush is a top tier team. Jack Roush had four out of his five cars in the top ten last year.

I am similarly unacquanted with and uninterested in Mr. Roosh's achievements, the rest of the world doesn't care about NASCAR.

By the way a hilarious rumour on eurosport today, (seems far fetched, but still) apparently Alonso is trying to Jenson his way into staying with Renault :lol::clap3:

By the way a hilarious rumour on eurosport today, (seems far fetched, but still) apparently Alonso is trying to Jenson his way into staying with Renault :lol::clap3:

That would be completely hillarious!!!

Part of what, their practise times??? I dont want to argue with u but surely you must know better than that!!! Thats almost bajo39-like

Davidson is normally top of the timesheets, do u think top drivers should go to Honda cos of that?!

No offense guys ,but what the hell don't you guys see happening. No team has been making greater strides then BMW this year. They went from 2 seconds off the pace to leading the pace in practice. F1 is all about what have you done for me lately. IF past performance was the key indicator, Williams would still be at the front.

BMW are doing really good things, and I believe a BMW seat will be highly regraded in the near future. Certainly KR could afford to spend a year driving for the ever improving BMW, and then begin fighting for the championship in a BMW for 2008. Any less commitment then that and you might as well call him Jenson Button. :lol:

Practice times mean very little to me; I look at race-pace.

Here are some stats:

Toyota: 8th (championship position)

Sauber: 6th

Jaguar: 7th

Toyota: 8th

Sauber: 6th

Toyota: 4th

Sauber: 8th

Red Bull: 7th

2006 (as of Indianapolis)

Toyota: 6th

Sauber: 5th

What this shows is BMW/Michelin have taken the Sauber team up three places. This is a feat in today's F1 environment and should be applauded. This bears out YHR's claim that the team is indeed improving. Toyota managed an impressive improvement from '04 to '05 (4 places to BMW's 3 places this season) but have dropped off-form this season. Despite an impressive-looking run, Jaguar/Red Bull have pretty much stayed the same.

(My info was from pitpass.com)

I doubt Kimi has the patience to work with a team to improve the car and if he did McLaren is the best place to do that for him. If he does go to Renault or Ferrari he just wants to drop into a team with a possible dominating car instead of helping to build up to it like MS did with Ferrari and Alonso did with Renault.

Jacques Villeneuve:

"This was very disappointing because the car is quick. After this morning we decided to go aggressively with our tyres for qualifying. We took a risk with the choice but I had traffic on both my laps. Starting from the back could really kill our race, but we will still keep working until the end as you never know what happens."

Mario Theissen (BMW Motorsport Director):

"Our qualifying result was influenced by two factors. On the one hand our car here in qualifying was not as strong as in the previous races. Jacques Villeneuve, on the other hand, did not manage to get the lap time he needed for a good position."

"For the race this means our starting positions are particularly bad as overtaking here is difficult. Nevertheless, for Nick the clear target is to drive into the points. I hope with a good start, as in the recent races, he can lay the foundations for this.

Willy Rampf (Technical Director):

"The biggest disappointment is we didn’t get into the second part of qualifying with Jacques. Nick had some traffic on his last lap, which probably cost the time needed to be in the top ten. Because another driver has to drop back ten places, Nick will start from 11th on the grid. Thanks to our ability to get away from the start we hope to make up positions at the beginning and collect some points

clearest indications so far (coupled with Dr.Mario's violent shaking of head as soon as Jv finished his lap)

that Jacques is set to go home....

bcoznever has the official (BMW) team PR been so critical of a driver this season

Well JV was fastest in the morning session, and the team had elevated hopes. IT is understandable that MT was disappointed with JV's times. The bottom line is the driver must perform and get his car to the front.

JV claims traffic did him in. Looking at the lap times, JV quickest lap in the morning practice was well off the pace of the final qualifying times.

JV and Nick have both been having decent starts so maybe some grid position can be made up. Disappointing, and not the kind of results JV needed to force BMW's hand into signing him. Still there is a lot of racing left, and the BMW is getting better.

JV needs to do better then that if he hopes to be around next year.

A simple thing called money. BMW are steadily improving, and are showing they have the skills to develop a fast car. It would be a great challenge for Kimi to help BMW get to no 1.

Kimi wants to win a championship badly, thats his challenge, he could care less about developing BMW into a championship winning team. he wants a team where he can win next year. seriously your BMW fantasies are pretty absurd.....yet you have a right to them......strange is this concept of freedom of thought..... :rolleyes:

Hmmm....any thoughs as to which Roush driver would get the boot if they hire JV?

McMurry?

Well JV was fastest in the morning session, and the team had elevated hopes. IT is understandable that MT was disappointed with JV's times. The bottom line is the driver must perform and get his car to the front.

JV claims traffic did him in. Looking at the lap times, JV quickest lap in the morning practice was well off the pace of the final qualifying times.

JV and Nick have both been having decent starts so maybe some grid position can be made up. Disappointing, and not the kind of results JV needed to force BMW's hand into signing him. Still there is a lot of racing left, and the BMW is getting better.

JV needs to do better then that if he hopes to be around next year.

I dont mean to be rude, but cant you talk about a topic with espousing the talents (or lack thereof) of JV :eusa_think: It is ever so monotonous :yawn:

Dictionary definition;

Main Entry: mo

I dont mean to be rude, but cant you talk about a topic with espousing the talents (or lack thereof) of JV :eusa_think: It is ever so monotonous :yawn:

Dictionary definition;

That was a serious question mate. I don't follow NASCAR at all and only know of one driver (Jeff Gordon) and next to nothing about the series, hence why my question might sound abit odd to someone who follows the series.

As for JV's quali runs, $hit happens. He got traffic and wasn't quick enough. I don't think the team is going to judge his future on one bad (OK very bad) quali session.

I am similarly unacquanted with and uninterested in Mr. Roosh's achievements, the rest of the world doesn't care about NASCAR.

Speak for yourself.

The statements 'I don't follow NASCAR at all" and "I don't care about NASCAR" are two different statements. Sure I don't follow it as I do F1, MotoGP etc, but I have been keeping an eye out for news of the team JV is rumoured to be heading to and the series of late, therefore I stand by my comment.

Dictionary definition;

YHR, for KR competitive means challenging the title (preferably with best car). Odds of BMW to qualify to be competitive in that circle is quite low.