Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Who Do You Want To Be The President Of The FIA?

Max Mosley has been the President of the FIA since 1993 and in my opinion formula 1 has only gotten more boring as time goes on. I get the feeling he is the type of person you either love or hate. I personally hate him as i feel he isnt intouch with what the average formula 1 fan wants. My question is who would you like to be the President of the FIA. Also please dont select dumb random choices like Dame Edna Everage or Chuck Norris :D

One of two people.

1. Jackie Stewart. Good sound head, knows what the drivers want.

2. Paul Stoddart. Just to see what the hell would happen.

It would be interesting. I do feel Paul is more intouch with what the fans want but i get the feeling that the manufactures wouldnt like Stoddart as they tend to resist change.

If stoddart was president of the FIA there would be outrage at all his decisions and the entire sport would be in turmoil. I havent got a problem with Mosley, 2006 has been a brilliant season and the brave decisions that he makes are because he's trying to improve the spectacle and the safety. Obviously not everyone is going to agree with what he says and does but I dont really think anyone else could do a better job

If stoddart was president of the FIA there would be outrage at all his decisions and the entire sport would be in turmoil. I havent got a problem with Mosley, 2006 has been a brilliant season and the brave decisions that he makes are because he's trying to improve the spectacle and the safety. Obviously not everyone is going to agree with what he says and does but I dont really think anyone else could do a better job

Mosley is an arse. Have you seen his latest comments about the Alonso/Massa "blocking" decision? If you remember, Brundle expressed his disbelief at the penalty and Max pretty much told him that with the data available to the FIA they'd done the right thing. Now he says he disagrees with it. Why the change of stance? Bloody mealy mouthed git. Having said that, he's done a damn sight better than Balestre, and Stoddy would have the whole thing collapsing around his ears within months. I would nominate Sir JYS or Alan Gow.

I would nominate Paul Stoddart, just so give Cav an aneurysm.

Seriously, I would put Jean Todt in there. That way we could have a totally impartial person to dispell all the FIArrari conspiracy theories.

1. Jackie Stewart. Good sound head, knows what the drivers want.

3. Flavio Briatore. Driven to succeed and is unlikely to favour anyone since he knows what its like to be on the wrong end of the FIArrari clowns.

4. Martin Brundle. Knows what's really going on in F1 and first hand experience of how it should be like.

3. Flavio Briatore. Driven to succeed and is unlikely to favour anyone since he knows what its like to be on the wrong end of the FIArrari clowns.

4. Martin Brundle. Knows what's really going on in F1 and first hand experience of how it should be like.

I'd go with Brundle and Stewart, a good head for the spectacle, the fans and I also think the manufacturers would get on well with them.

Others I think would fit the bill:

1) Damon Hill - good business brain and hasn't forgotten the term, 'sportsmanship'

2)Mario Andretti - clever bloke and about time we had someone that has had first hand knowledge of world motorsport. And wouldn't take any bulls##t.

3) Flavio - same as above.

4)Mark Blundell - no-one would understand him, so no-one could say he was biased :mf_tongue:

Mosley is an arse. Have you seen his latest comments about the Alonso/Massa "blocking" decision? If you remember, Brundle expressed his disbelief at the penalty and Max pretty much told him that with the data available to the FIA they'd done the right thing. Now he says he disagrees with it. Why the change of stance? Bloody mealy mouthed git. Having said that, he's done a damn sight better than Balestre, and Stoddy would have the whole thing collapsing around his ears within months. I would nominate Sir JYS or Alan Gow.

Well he has said that the penalty was given because of the precedent from earlier in the season where of course he has a point.

I have a lot of problems with many of Mosley's ideas, but I just don't see a better option. Perhaps reduce his power and make him answerable to a panal of people who have been in the sport for a while - team bosses, drivers etc.?

I dont even think theres a need for change of president at all, F1 is in great shape. There's always the issue of high costs, safety, overtaking etc but this is F1 and when have those 3 issues ever NOT been issues? MG I agree Max was being of an arse trying to win our favour by saying he wouldnt have penalised alonso, but I dont have a problem with his role in the FIA

I'd go with Brundle and Stewart, a good head for the spectacle, the fans and I also think the manufacturers would get on well with them.

Others I think would fit the bill:

1) Damon Hill - good business brain and hasn't forgotten the term, 'sportsmanship'

2)Mario Andretti - clever bloke and about time we had someone that has had first hand knowledge of world motorsport. And wouldn't take any bulls##t.

3) Flavio - same as above.

4)Mark Blundell - no-one would understand him, so no-one could say he was biased :mf_tongue:

Hmm Hill's a good one alright

I have a lot of problems with many of Mosley's ideas, but I just don't see a better option. Perhaps reduce his power and make him answerable to a panal of people who have been in the sport for a while - team bosses, drivers etc.?

Good idea.

Mario Andretti would be a good choice, I think.

I think I would make a good choice for FIA President.

I would volunteer but it is an unpaid position and I have no inheritance to play with. Perhaps if they could offer me a reasonable salary (apart from the obvious perks tools of trade such as a private jet, free tickets to every race, some Ferraris as bribes and of course a seat on the official pit babe selection committe. :eusa_think:

bajo you could be my assistant, you don't want a Ferrari anyway :P

Stoddy would be interesting

Brundle has a sound head on his shoulders

What about Peter Sauber?, respected by all, honest as the day is long and has years of experience in running an F1 outfit.

We need someone that comes out of the ferrari camp and into the "F1 is actually a sport camp". Lets just hope schumi dont get that job ever, because if he does i will worry for the sport's future. I am not so sure about Peter Sauber however, he had a big budget and never really contributed anything more than a midfield team to F1

We need someone that comes out of the ferrari camp and into the "F1 is actually a sport camp". Lets just hope schumi dont get that job ever, because if he does i will worry for the sport's future. I am not so sure about Peter Sauber however, he had a big budget and never really contributed anything more than a midfield team to F1

Well in fact I automatically thought about Schummi when I read the topic. I think (feel/hope) he would not be so eager to cheat once in that position, he knows every dirty trick in the book so he could prevnt them and he has that "ultra-efficient" attitude that could cast away the shady manoeuvres the FIA has us accustomed to. On the other hand, He was too involved with Mosley and Ferrari to have any credibility, but, strangely enough, i really would trust him as head of the FIA, as much as i distrusted him as a driver.

Oh yeah, I think it is not so much about who is President but how is it governed. FIA should have more transparent procedures, otherwise it will be a pirate's cove no matter who is in charge.

The budget was never as big as the top teams, and money isnt the key to getting to the top (just look at Toyota) another problem was that it was difficult to get all the right people to come to Switzerland (not that Sauber does not have good people).

But I think he would have a very objective and non biased direction for the FIA.

Yes i agree with that. I personally feel an Ex-driver (preferably an unbiased one) would do a great job. I personally feel someone like stoddy would do a great job, he is very in touch with the fans, and he wouldn't stand for Ferrari's constant whining either

Yes i agree with that. I personally feel an Ex-driver (preferably an unbiased one) would do a great job. I personally feel someone like stoddy would do a great job, he is very in touch with the fans, and he wouldn't stand for Ferrari's constant whining either

I think without Schumi Ferrari will be whining more than ever.

Yes, they always find something to whine about when another team becomes competitive.