Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

c21

Monty Gets A Slap On The Wrist.

Juan Pablo Montoya has hit the headlines once again thanks to "an inappropriate gesture" made during practice for the recent NASCAR Busch Series race at Phoenix. NASCAR has fined him $10,000 and placed him on probation until the end of the year for giving one of his opponents the finger while he was unaware that he was being shown live on an in-car camera.

There is currently no word on the casualty figures but undoubtedly some of the red-neck NASCAR fans will have died of shock at such rudeness, unaccustomed as they are to such behaviour.

This was judged to be an action detrimental to stock car racing and so the fine was imposed.

One can only wonder what will happen if JPM gets going with one of his colourful rants at some point as some of his favourite adjectives are probably a little too colourful for the NASCAR folk.

Source GrandPrix.com

Is that really so bad?

I throw the floor open to our American friends.

They have to maintain the integrity of the sport I suppose, but it is a little bit excessive

NASCAR has fined him $10,000 and placed him on probation until the end of the year for giving one of his opponents the finger while he was unaware that he was being shown live on an in-car camera.

That's funny! :lol:

Juan Pablo Montoya has hit the headlines once again thanks to "an inappropriate gesture" made during practice for the recent NASCAR Busch Series race at Phoenix. NASCAR has fined him $10,000 and placed him on probation until the end of the year for giving one of his opponents the finger while he was unaware that he was being shown live on an in-car camera.

There is currently no word on the casualty figures but undoubtedly some of the red-neck NASCAR fans will have died of shock at such rudeness, unaccustomed as they are to such behaviour.

This was judged to be an action detrimental to stock car racing and so the fine was imposed.

One can only wonder what will happen if JPM gets going with one of his colourful rants at some point as some of his favourite adjectives are probably a little too colourful for the NASCAR folk.

Source GrandPrix.com

Is that really so bad?

I throw the floor open to our American friends.

Too colourful for the NASCAR folk? Then who else?? :D

NASCAR has lost it's balls and when a ballsy driver like Montoya shows up, it's castration-time.

Before you start chopping of the balls of the drivers i suggest we physically foce Marcos Ambrose back to Australia. Then you can castrate the drivers :D

I am no fan of Monty(bloody guy has home in USA & yet calls himself Colombian). But I do think there's no place for such excessive prudishness. It's a very banal thing. I mean no one raises an eyebrow over these things anymore. Anyway the target audience ,mostly males can live with a highway salute shown on TV.

I am no fan of Monty(bloody guy has home in USA & yet calls himself Colombian). But I do think there's no place for such excessive prudishness. It's a very banal thing. I mean no one raises an eyebrow over these things anymore. Anyway the target audience ,mostly males can live with a highway salute shown on TV.

s##t, I would say that most males encourage such behavior!

Like the Superbowl thing, perhaps blown a little out of proportion?

Before you start chopping of the balls of the drivers i suggest we physically foce Marcos Ambrose back to Australia. Then you can castrate the drivers :D

:lol: Well, I would rather have Stock Car Racing back the way it was in the 70's and 80's. Nobody was concerned with offending the 10 year-old fans who bought the HotWheels NASCAR toys and merchandise. Earnhardt, Waltrip and Yarborough would bash and curse like the men they were and everybody loved it. Rubin' was racin' and the men had balls enough to get into each other's faces, Senna-style. Tempers flared and every Sunday at the fights, a race would break out.

Sometimes the old way really is the best way....

What for showing the finger he gets a fine and on probation, and alonso showing the fist get nothing, damn consipiracy i tell you.

@ shane:- The above is a sacarstic comment and not to be taken seriously....

lol :P

F1 thankfully hasn't gone all PC on us, so Alonso can wave his fist at whoever he wants :D

I saw massa give DC the finger at the 2005 San Marino GP, that was rather amusing

lol :P

F1 thankfully hasn't gone all PC on us, so Alonso can wave his fist at whoever he wants :D

I saw massa give DC the finger at the 2005 San Marino GP, that was rather amusing

Didn't Schumi also give DC the finger in one race?? i think ykick had posted the pic somewhere....

And Schumacher waving his fist at a Super Aguri in Brazil....

That he learned from alonso, so if alonso did not get punished he thought might as well try it...

Didn't Schumi also give DC the finger in one race?? i think ykick had posted the pic somewhere....

That he learned from alonso, so if alonso did not get punished he thought might as well try it...

Just wondering! was it Alonso who thought him to park the car?

Just wondering! was it Alonso who thought him to park the car? :D:P

The other way around. Coulthard gave Schumacher the finger

finger.jpg

Alonso (as far as I can tell) has not given anyone the finger yet :P

It is something a fair few drivers have done at 1 point an another, if they punish drivers for doing that, they may as well punish them for showing emotion as well :P

Kimi would be in his element then, he would be the only one to go unpunished :D

Alonso (as far as I can tell) has not given anyone the finger yet :P

It is something a fair few drivers have done at 1 point an another, if they punish drivers for doing that, they may as well punish them for showing emotion as well :P

Kimi would be in his element then, he would be the only one to go unpunished :D

What about 04 in the tunnel at Monaco?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFiIBjWWw94

Two WDCs and two stupid accidents in the tunnel on the same day!

(yes I know that Alonso wasnt champ at the time)