Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuperKimi

Diecast Model Collecting?

Most of my diecast is NASCAR, and its worth at least a grand, maybe two.

Ok here is a list of my collection. It's quite extensive as you will see:

V8 Supercars

1:18

1997 VS Brock / Skaife Holden Racing Team Bathurst Edition

2005 Stone Brothers Racing Russell Ingall Championship Car Signed

1996 HSV GTS-R Biante

1996 HSV GTS-R Biante

2006 BA 888 Race Engineering BA Falcon Falcon Craig Lowndes / Jamie Wincup Bathurst Winning Car signed by both drivers

2003 Stone Brothers Racing Marcos Ambrose Championship winning car signed

2004 Stone Brothers Racing Marcos Ambrose Championship winning car signed

Holden Monaro 427 Nations Cup Bathurst 24hour Edition

2005 Craig Lowndes 888 Race Engineering BA Falcon

1:43

1996 HSV GTS-R Commodore Sedan

Formula One

2004 Michael Schumacher 7 x World Championship Limited Edition Chrome Car

2004 Michael Schumacher 7 x World Championship Limited Edition

2001 Michael Schumacher F2001

2003 Michael Schumacher 6 x World Championship Limited Edition

2002 Michael Schumacher 5 x World Championship Limited Edition = Fangio

Impressive, AussieF1 :thbup:

AutoRacer5, I don't know how much my NASCAR stuff was worth when I had a lot, but it was probably around that. I only saved an autographed Bobby Labonte poster (mailed it to him and he signed it), an Elliot Sadler autographed trading card (it came autographed in the pack), an autographed Steve Park trading card (actually met him), an autographed Brett Bodine trading card (came in the pack), a trading card with a piece of Tony Stewart's uniform and gloves he wore during the 2002 Homestead race that he clinched his first championship in (came in the pack, sort of, had to mail for it), and a Jeff Gordon autographed trading card (came in the pack). My other trading cards I sold for about $1k. Rest I donated.

-Eric

Impressive, AussieF1 :thbup:

-Eric

Thanks Eric :D

Aussie! Do you run a shop? :huh:

Ha, you would think so with the number of models that I have in my collection. I do have a very good friend who works in the industry so I do get the models at a slightly better price than the normal retail.

I don't drink very often I don't smoke and I see this as a worthwhile hobby that won't lose me money some of the Schmacher models have more than doubled in value likewise with the V8 Supercar models that I have managed to get signed through my contacts.

I reward myself when I have a strong selling month at work.

Ok here is a list of my collection. It's quite extensive as you will see:

V8 Supercars

1997 VS Brock / Skaife Holden Racing Team Bathurst Edition

2005 Stone Brothers Racing Russell Ingall Championship Car Signed

1996 HSV GTS-R Biante

1996 HSV GTS-R Biante

2006 BA 888 Race Engineering BA Falcon Falcon Craig Lowndes / Jamie Wincup Bathurst Winning Car signed by both drivers

2003 Stone Brothers Racing Marcos Ambrose Championship winning car signed

2004 Stone Brothers Racing Marcos Ambrose Championship winning car signed

Holden Monaro 427 Nations Cup Bathurst 24hour Edition

2005 Craig Lowndes 888 Race Engineering BA Falcon

1:43

1996 HSV GTS-R Commodore Sedan

Formula One

2004 Michael Schumacher 7 x World Championship Limited Edition Chrome Car

2004 Michael Schumacher 7 x World Championship Limited Edition

2001 Michael Schumacher F2001

2003 Michael Schumacher 6 x World Championship Limited Edition

2002 Michael Schumacher 5 x World Championship Limited Edition = Fangio's record

2006 Michael Schumacher German GP Danke schumi - Thank

Holy damn! Nice collection Nathan! I don't have anything, though I would like Webbers current Redbull, and Nando or Hami's MP4-22 ;)

Thanks Jez :D

I'm very proud of them all. I started collecting about 6 or so years ago so the collection has slowly built up. They are all still in their boxes at the moment awaiting for me to have a glass cabinet made for them to be displayed. It will be a massive cabinet that will cost a fortune!!!

Good idea getting Webbers RB3 and starting from there on, I've got all of his cars to date (still waiting for the 2006 Williams Cosworth to be released here in Australia) They will look great all lined up in year order.

Getting Lewis's McLaren for sure, I'm still waiting to see if a limited edition will come out in honour of his first win in Canada.

I only collect the 1:18 scale I don't like the little 1:43 scale models they don't have enough detail. But they sure are a hell of alot cheaper to collect.

Holy hell Nathan, thats a lot of models. I can think of better ways to spend your money...

Thanks Jez :D

I'm very proud of them all. I started collecting about 6 or so years ago so the collection has slowly built up. They are all still in their boxes at the moment awaiting for me to have a glass cabinet made for them to be displayed. It will be a massive cabinet that will cost a fortune!!!

Good idea getting Webbers RB3 and starting from there on, I've got all of his cars to date (still waiting for the 2006 Williams Cosworth to be released here in Australia) They will look great all lined up in year order.

Getting Lewis's McLaren for sure, I'm still waiting to see if a limited edition will come out in honour of his first win in Canada.

I only collect the 1:18 scale I don't like the little 1:43 scale models they don't have enough detail. But they sure are a hell of alot cheaper to collect.

Here's a site with a nice model of the MP4-22. It's rather large and out of my price range though!!- Link and the RB3

... I've got all of his cars to date (still waiting for the 2006 Williams Cosworth to be released here in Australia) They will look great all lined up in year order.

Aussie - The 2006 car is already available. I just purchased one off eBay. I suggest you keep looking there as they come up now and then. Let me know if I can help out.

My dad and I have a massive collection of 1/43 scale formula 1s going back to around 1987 (probably a few hunded).

We have every Senna car (including cars he tested, sportscars & even The Pensky Indy car he once tested).

Ive also got Patresi's 1987 Williams And Irvines 1994 Jordan, both of which ive sat in the actual cars before at test sessions they had.

I normally get my models of www.grandprixlegends.com in the diecast section, a wide variety in the 1/43 and 1/18 collection. Going to get either Felipe's or Kimi's 2007 car for my b-day if they are realised by then, which i hope so. Or i'll get a 1/43 Hekii car.

I don't collect 1/18's 'cos they are so big and expensive.

My list of cars is as follows...

1/18 Scale

1996 Ferrari F310 - Michael Schumacher

1997 Jordan Peugeot J197 - Giancarlo Fisichella

1997 Williams FW19 - Heinz Harald Frentzen

1997 Benetton Renault - Jean Alesi

1997 Ferrari F310B - Michael Schumacher (no driver figure)

1997 McLaren MErcedes MP4-12 - Mika Hakkinen

1998 Jordan Mugen Honda J198 - Damon Hill

1998 McLaren MP4-13 - David Coulthard

1998 Williams Mechachrome FW20 - Jacques Villeneuve

1998 Prost Peugeot AP01 - Jarno Trulli

1998 Ferrari F300 - Michael Schumacher

1999 Ferrari F399 - Michael Schumacher (Marlboro Conversion)

1999 Jordan J199 - Damon Hill

2000 Ferrari F2000 - Michael Schumacher

2000 BMW.Williams FW22 - Jenson Button (Dealer Edition)

2000 Benetton Renault Test car - Jenson Button

2001 Ferrari F2001 - Michael Schumacher (Rain Master Limited Edition)

2001 Benetton Renault - Jenson Button

2002 Ferrari F2002 - Michael Schumacher (Marlboro Conversion)

2002 Ferrari F2002 - Michael Schumacher (52 Wins Limited Edition)

2002 McLaren MP4-17 - David Coulthard

2002 Williams FW24 - Ralf Schumacher

2003 Ferrari F2003GA - Michael Schumacher (Marlboro Conversion)

2004 BMW.Williams FW25 - Juan Pablo Montoya (Dealer Edition)

2004 Ferrari F2004 - Michael Schumacher (Marlboro Conversion)

2004 BAR Honda 006 - Jenson Button (Lucky Strike Conversion)

2004 Jaguar R5 - Mark Webber

2004 BMW.Williams FW26 - Juan Pablo Montoya (Dealer Edition)

2005 BAR Honda 007 - Jenson Button

2005 Toyota TF105 - Ralf Schumacher

2005 McLaren MP4-20 Orange Testcar - Pedro de la Rosa

2005 Renault R25 - Fernando Alonso (Championship Limited Edition)

2005 Ferrari F2005 - Michael Schumacher

2006 Honda RA106 - Jenson Button (Hungarian GP First Win Limited Edition - not released yet)

1/43 Scale

1997 Ferrari F310 - Eddie Irvine (Presentation Car)

1997 Benetton Renault - Jean Alesi

1997 Prost Mugen Honda JS 45 - Jarno Trulli

1997 Arrows A18 - Damon Hill (British GP Ltd Edition)

1998 Jordan Mugen Honda J198 - Ralf Schumacher

1998 Sauber C17 - Johnny Herbert

1998 Tyrell Ford 026 - Tora Takagi

1999 BAR Supertec 001 - Ricardo Zonta

1999 Stewart Ford SF3 - Rubens Barrichello

2000 Arrows A21 - Pedro de la Rosa

2000 BAR Honda 002 - Ricardo Zonta

2001 - BAR Honda 003 - Olivier Panis

2001 McLaren MP4-16 - Mika Hakkinen (Dealer Edition)

2005 Sauber C24 - Jacques Villeneuve

2005 Toyota TF105 - Jarno Trulli (Toyota's 1st Podium Ltd Edition)

2005 Renault R25 - Giancarlo Fisichella

2005 BAR Honda 007 - Takuma Sato

Other Scales

1998 Ferrari F300 - Eddie Irvine 1/64

1989 McLaren MP4-5 - Ayrton Senna 1/87

1992 Benetton B192 - Michael Schumacher 1/87

1993 Benetton B193 - Michael Schumacher 1/87

1993 McLaren MP4-8 - Mika Hakkinen 1/87

1997 Ferrari F310B - Michael Schumacher 1/87

1/8 Helmets

1996 Damon Hill - Williams

1997 Damon Hill - Arrows

1997 Eddie Irvine - Ferrari (Marlboro Conversion)

1997 Rubens Barrichello - Stewart

1997 Jacques Villeneuve - Williams

1997 Ralf Schumacher - Jordan

1998 Michael Schumacher - Ferrari (Japanese GP Chrome Helmet)

1999 Damon Hill - Jordan

1999 Heinz Harald Frentzen - Jordan

1999 Michael Schumacher - Ferrari (Marlboro Conversion)

2000 Michael Schumacher - Ferrari (Marlboro Conversion)

2000 Ralf Schumacher - BMW.Williams

Very nice collection DanB :D

Aussie - The 2006 car is already available. I just purchased one off eBay. I suggest you keep looking there as they come up now and then. Let me know if I can help out.

Yeah it's been released oversea's for a little while now, I couldn't be bothered getting it off ebay when I have a diecast dealer who gets me the model at a good price anyway.

Thanks anyway Crackerz :D

Thanks Eric :D

Ha, you would think so with the number of models that I have in my collection. I do have a very good friend who works in the industry so I do get the models at a slightly better price than the normal retail.

I don't drink very often I don't smoke and I see this as a worthwhile hobby that won't lose me money some of the Schmacher models have more than doubled in value likewise with the V8 Supercar models that I have managed to get signed through my contacts.

I reward myself when I have a strong selling month at work.

I don't drink, smoke but, I drive a lot! :D for no reason, I fill up the tanks and trash my/(or dad's cars) in the country roads :P

Is it possible for you to tell me if the F-599Gtb models have hit the stores?

Very nice collection DanB :D

Yeah it's been released oversea's for a little while now, I couldn't be bothered getting it off ebay when I have a diecast dealer who gets me the model at a good price anyway.

Thanks anyway Crackerz :D

No worries - I got mine for AUD$80.00 from a guy down in Melbourne (1:18). Pretty good price.

Is it possible for you to tell me if the F-599Gtb models have hit the stores?

As far as I can tell it's mostly only available in 1:43 scale at the moment and it's a track version not a street car. I apologise for not knowing where you live but a quick search says that there's only Hot Wheels doing a 1:18 street version at the moment. Don't know what the quality is like though.

Here's a link to have a look at the Hot Wheels version:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Diecast-1-18-FERRAR...1QQcmdZViewItem

As far as I can tell it's mostly only available in 1:43 scale at the moment and it's a track version not a street car. I apologise for not knowing where you live but a quick search says that there's only Hot Wheels doing a 1:18 street version at the moment. Don't know what the quality is like though.

Here's a link to have a look at the Hot Wheels version:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Diecast-1-18-FERRAR...1QQcmdZViewItem

Hey, thanx man, I just called up a store owner to inform him about Hot wheel's version after reading your post.

Problem is that, It is too expensive for me to buy it from overseas, as in India it costs only about US $35 for a 1:18 scale model, the special edition ones do go up to US $70.(At current value, as the Value of US dollars are very low for now) Btw, I am from India. And the quality of Hot wheels are great I say, as I have a F-430 already. The attention to detail is too good for what I paid. And it cost me just Rs.1696 (which is around US $35 at current value).

This is most of my collection at the moment but I still have some more coming. As my Aussie mates can see I mainly collect Holden models and the F1 models are all Schumi except for the ones that ....well....aren't. I have quite a few models on order so my collection is no where near complete as yet. Can't wait for the 1984 Peter Brock/Larry Perkins Bathurst winner.

This is most of my collection at the moment but I still have some more coming. As my Aussie mates can see I mainly collect Holden models and the F1 models are all Schumi except for the ones that ....well....aren't. I have quite a few models on order so my collection is no where near complete as yet. Can't wait for the 1984 Peter Brock/Larry Perkins Bathurst winner.

Nice collection Crackerz :thbup:

You have some great models there, especially the HSV GTS-R on the top shelf :D

I like the Torana models aswell.

Good you have yours displayed, mine as all in their boxes!!!!!

Nice collection Crackerz :thbup:

You have some great models there, especially the HSV GTS-R on the top shelf :D

I like the Torana models aswell.

Good you have yours displayed, mine as all in their boxes!!!!!

:o Gee Aussie - You have a great eye!! It's not the best photo of the cabinet so for you to pick the HSV GTS-R is extremely well done. I only just got it too!! Now I'm waiting for the VK and VL Group A's to arrive. I hear they're not too far away from being released.