Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silas Talbot

Alonso To Renault!!!

The letter of intent is signed... the deal has to be negotiated with McLaren, but something tells me they won't mind...

WAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

:clap3:

From http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/6600/617/

Alonso commits to Renault return in 2008

Oct.11 (GMM) Fernando Alonso has signed a letter of intent to rejoin Renault starting next January (2008), according to emerging reports. Germany's Bild newspaper said the document is the precursor to a definitive three-year contract (2008-2010), but only if the reigning world champion can successfully negotiate an end to his current McLaren deal. Alonso, 26, is currently under contract to McLaren also for 2008, with an option to continue in 2009. The news of Alonso's likely return to Renault follows reports that Toyota was offering the Spaniard a record retainer to switch to the Japanese giant for 2008. The German magazine Sport Bild said the Cologne based team was prepared to fork out (US) $150 million for a three year deal; a comparable amount of money to that earned by Michael Schumacher at Ferrari towards the end of his illustrious career.

If Bild says it, then it must be true. right?? RIGHT??? :(

What great potential for 08 -- Kimi, Lewis and Fernando all with teams of their very own. We've got a chance for some great on-track action, which is what we need after all the off-track shenanigans this year.

I stated the fact that when R.S left williams it was to their benefit. and I add that with F.A. going to whomever it will be to McLarens benefit!!

WOW thats big news.

so that could mean that Rosberg is driving for Mclaren next season?

And Nelson Piquet is driving the second williams alongside Nakagama next season or will it be fisichella? or will it be Liuzzi or Sutil? or Yamamoto driving the Williams they al deserve it, only one of them can get it.

great scoop, so many questions

So essentially, to sum this up.... Alonso could'nt take the heat and has now fleed...

I wonder if Alonso will ever recover from the effects of a rookie that has beaten the 2 times champ (humiliating to say the least)....

>

^ Bild is a german tabloid who once claimed the discovery of the cure for cancer amongst others.

As for McLaren, if this is true, they'll fall to pieces the same way they did in 2006 when they lost their car main developer A. Wurz. And it

also means that Santander and Mutua Madrilena won't stick for long with McLaren, so a hole in the pockets should be expected.

>

^ Bild is a german tabloid who once claimed the discovery of the cure for cancer amongst others.

As for McLaren, if this is true, they'll fall to pieces the same way they did in 2006 when they lost their car main developer A. Wurz. And it

also means that Santander and Mutua Madrilena won't stick for long with McLaren, so a hole in the pockets should be expected.

If Lewis wins the WDC, then I imagine the 'hole' will be more than filled.

you know wat this means, rosberg to mclaren!!!!! hamilton should be worried

Not necessarily, especially in the Rain Rosberg forgets to race in my opinion.

not a bad choice though,but I think button would be the better bet cos he is Sexy, but also he has experience in setting up F1 cars which is something that Rosberg dosen't have yet.

Either way I'm happy which ever outcome.

Rosberg and Hamilton. Tasty, not too much experience though which may be a achlees heel in setting up the car but overall very promising.

But would Frank Let Nico go?

And if not then where will we go from here?

Dont think that Nick will let button go either.

So Gary Paffet then?

PDLR?

Sakon Yamamoto?

Giancarlo Fisichella?

Ralf Schumacher?

Michael Schumacher?

Take your pick.

think of anyone else.

Mclaren would be foolish to let him go - He is under contract so why let him go?

Good question.

So essentially, to sum this up.... Alonso could'nt take the heat and has now fleed...

I wonder if Alonso will ever recover from the effects of a rookie that has beaten the 2 times champ (humiliating to say the least)....

Good points. And moreover it will raise further doubts about the legitimacy of any future WDC Alonso wins in a different car to Lewis.

Nope.

Non sense.

Yep

Until LH comes up with deals equall to like Vodafone + Santander + MM the answer will be definatly no.

So please no more B* answers until you show me such contracts.

Mclaren would be foolish to let him go - He is under contract so why let him go?

No point forcing a driver to stay somewhere they don't want to be. Especially since it doesn't seem as though things could ever be resolved between Mclaren and Alonso. Of course he is a good driver but I think forcing him to stay would cause more harm than good for the team. We all know Lewis will be at Mclaren next year and I think its obvious that they can't continue being teammates

Until LH comes up with deals equall to like Vodafone + Santander + MM the answer will be definatly no.

So please no more B* answers until you show me such contracts.

So, if, and it's still a big if at the moment, Lewis wins the WDC, becomes the only rookie to do so (discounting the first year) and the youngest driver so far to do it, there will not be sponsors beating down his door? How exactly do you think Alonso has become so popular with sponsors, according to you ? Did he command such value before he became WDC? I doubt it, somehow.

And I do not have to show you contracts, unless you want me to jump into the future, because I said if Lewis becomes WDC in my first post. Now considering that has not and cannot happen yet, what exactly are you expecting? So the comment about b* answers is completely irrational especially as you have no idea what's going to happen either, or shall I be completely as irrational and ask you for proof that he will not get those contracts? However, let's wait and see what happens shall we and if Lewis becomes WDC we can revisit this topic and you can tell me whether I was right or wrong - fair enough?

No point forcing a driver to stay somewhere they don't want to be. Especially since it doesn't seem as though things could ever be resolved between Mclaren and Alonso. Of course he is a good driver but I think forcing him to stay would cause more harm than good for the team. We all know Lewis will be at Mclaren next year and I think its obvious that they can't continue being teammates

I must admit, I am inclined to agree with that as I think it's true of many sports. It doesn't matter how good the person is, but if they don't want to be there and you can't integrate them into the team as you want, then there is little point in persevering.

We'll see.

I'd not be inclined to take any of this too seriously. Could well happen, but equally could well not.

I'll wait until I see other drivers starting to jump ship/negotiate/sign contracts - that will be a good indication of finality. Since no one seems to be doing so right now I think we have to take this with a pinch of salt. After all, FA could still win the WDC.

Edit - typarooneyo

We'll see.

I'd not be inclined to take any of this too seriously. Could well happen, but equally could well not.

I'll wait until I see other drivers starting to jump ship/negotiate/sign contracts - that will be a good indication of finality. Since no one seems to be doing so right now I think we have to take this with a pinch of salt. After all, FA could still win the WDC.

Edit - typarooneyo

That's my thoughts too - if FA wins and goes to another team or Kimi wins, then there may be a bit of a dent in Ron's pockets, how much it would affect them though I have no idea.

I must admit, I am inclined to agree with that as I think it's true of many sports. It doesn't matter how good the person is, but if they don't want to be there and you can't integrate them into the team as you want, then there is little point in persevering.

Well of course there also another option to consider.....

-keep him under contract,

-make him sit out the year,

-get another driver

and then...

watch to see if he struggles with the rest of his carrer in the next season.

A wee bit nasty but certainly with in the rules and budget of a team like McLaren.

But I must admit... I don't think they have that type of character

BILD...Says it all. They are (in)famous for their F1-related scoops. No comment on such crap by Renault.

Renault's Formula One team has quashed speculation that it has agreed terms for Fernando Alonsoto return to its line-up for 2008 and beyond, insisting that it has yet to make any decision on its pairing for next season.

Team boss Flavio Briatore has repeatedly delayed making an announcement regarding his drivers for 2008, despite having Giancarlo Fisichella, Heikki Kovalainen and Nelson Piquet Jr on the books, and has made no secret of his ambition to tempt Alonso back into the fold after an unhappy year at McLaren. However, the Spaniard's involvement in the 2007 title battle - and the fact that he has two years left to run on his contract with the Woking team - are causing the matter to become protracted.

German newspaper Bild claimed on Thursday that a three-year deal had been agreed between Renaultand Alonso with the added attraction that, after the acrimony with Lewis Hamiltonthis year, the Spaniard would be able to name his own team-mate, but the team has since moved to deny the stories. Alonso, Briatore and Pat Symonds met at the Japanese Grand Prix, where, it is alleged, Alonso was shown plans for the team's 2008 car, but everything else has remained increasingly fevered speculation.

"The team will not comment on the speculation that has appeared in the media," Renault insisted in a brief statement, "We will announce our drivers for next season when we are ready to do so."

Would Renault swap The Finn Kova for Alonso?

Ron does like Finns and this one does stay out of the spotlight and he lets his racing do the talkin.

Which Ron would love to settle for one would think! :eusa_think:

I actually Like the Kova Hammy line up more than the Rosberg Hammy one.

Seriously Kova is one of the wet weather kings!

thats Where Rosberg Boggs down a little for me.

And Kova has been a F1 tester for a long time now so he would know how to set up slightly better than Rosberg I fancy.

Would Renault swap The Finn Kova for Alonso?

Ron does like Finns and this one does stay out of the spotlight and he lets his racing do the talkin.

Which Ron would love to settle for one would think! :eusa_think:

I actually Like the Kova Hammy line up more than the Rosberg Hammy one.

Seriously Kova is one of the wet weather kings!

thats Where Rosberg Boggs down a little for me.

And Kova has been a F1 tester for a long time now so he would know how to set up slightly better than Rosberg I fancy.

You mean as in settle down, have kids then smoke a pipe whilst wearing a one-footed slipper, type of settle? :lol: