Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Argentinas New Leader

As usual, your logic is indestructible. :lol:

It is isnt it :D

In all seriousness i would hate to have to change the names of our armed forces as i enjoy researching the history into the Armed Forces. Here is a afew uselesss RAN facts that you didnt want to know

- In WW2 the Americans named a battleship after Australia's capital

- At the end of WW2 Australia had the 5th largest Navy in the world

- HMAS Melbourne only managed to destroy 2 friendly ships in this operational history (HMAS Voyager and USS Frank E. Evans)

- The Current Collins Class Submarines are considered the most advanced non nuclear submarine in the world

I found it funny. Of course, I don't have to live under a monarchy, I still prefer our crappy democracy to any kind of monarchy. That said, at least from afar your king looks like the one with most dignity. At least he acts as if he is really interested in your country, something most monarchies don't do.

Regarding that particular anecdote, as much as I hate right wing politicians (or mods...yeah, that's for you, Bruce! :P ) I still think that people tends to see too much "leftism" in Chavez where actually there isn't. He is quite rude, so he was asking for your king or someone else to shut him up. He is rather authoritarian and demagogic. As much as he talks about Castro, he is more akin to a Peron than to the old cuban.

But I disgress...something I never do! :whistling:

The worst part of monarchy is how protected they are...they're above the law...

Did you hear about what happened to "El Jueves"? Ok,don't insist,I'll tell you,as I have time cause I don't want to start studying yet.. :P

Zapatero (the president) promised to give each couple that has a child from next year on 2500 € .So the front page of El Jueves,(it's a humour magazine where everything are caricatures,comics...) were the prince and the princess "making a kid",to take advantage of the 2500 € help.(As if they needed it... :lol: )

So the two cartoonists that came up with the happy idea were fined...3000

The worst part of monarchy is how protected they are...they're above the law...

Did you hear about what happened to "El Jueves"? Ok,don't insist,I'll tell you,as I have time cause I don't want to start studying yet.. :P

Zapatero (the president) promised to give each couple that has a child from next year on 2500

That is exactly why I think the monarchies should disappear. They do not bring any benefits to the country (except increasing the number of stupid magazines telling every dirty little secret about their private lives). Democracy is the way to go.

At least until I am elected as supreme ruler of the Universe and surroundings.

Tourism.

Geez, you British have it all figured out! :lol:

@elgo: now that's too funny!

I'm serious. The Queen, Buckingham Palace, etc, pulls in some ridiculous amount of money through tourism alone. I think they actually more than pay for themselves! :lol:

I'm serious. The Queen, Buckingham Palace, etc, pulls in some ridiculous amount of money through tourism alone. I think they actually more than pay for themselves! :lol:

Actually they do pay for themselves. Not many people realise that the Civil List (which pays for the Queen and Prince Philip), whilst coming out of taxation is compensated for many times over by the fact that the royal family donated all of their land (the Crown Estates) in 1760 to the Government. In 2003-2004 the Crown Estates generated around

Actually they do pay for themselves. Not many people realise that the Civil List (which pays for the Queen and Prince Philip), whilst coming out of taxation is compensated for many times over by the fact that the royal family donated all of their land (the Crown Estates) in 1760 to the Government. In 2003-2004 the Crown Estates generated around

So you keep the monarchy for the same reasons USA keep disney world? :P

How do you think America came up with the idea of Disney Land. Look you can even see a resemblance between two of the major characters

Mickey-poster-classic-l.jpg

prince_charles.jpg

How do you think America came up with the idea of Disney Land. Look you can even see a resemblance between two of the major characters

Second pic not working....

Well i may just post a pic of our current president

And some cool pics of him :D

And just elected new president...starts on Dec. 23 i think

No funny pics of him.............Yet

I completely agree. However, I don't mind agreeing with you, it doesn't make me feel all dirty inside, but agreeing with Andres is like selling your soul to the devil.

<Sigh> I hate doing this, but yes, pretty much that's why we keep them :king::lol:

Now listen, you jumped up criminal descendant, I am fed up of you criticising other countries, especially considering your birthplace. For crying out loud, one is a complete joke character with a big nose and big ears who talks in a very strange voice and the other is Mickey Mouse , so no, there's no comparison whatsoever.

I don't know whether or not we are the best F1 forum. But certainly must win the award for the most bizarre one!

You guys are cracking me up! :lol:

I don't know whether or not we are the best F1 forum. But certainly must win the award for the most bizarre one!

Yes, I agree, we certainly are...........wait a minute.......... :dam::lol:

Got to keep it light in the off season, that and discussing various poster proclivities.

Got to keep it light in the off season, that and discussing various poster proclivities.

Quite right, old bean, quite right.

You've had a bet with somebody to use that word today, haven't you ? :lol:

I hope not it's only 6:19 AM!!!!

I just like to bloviate at times also B)

When a bald guy is cracking does it happen like an egg??? :P

Yes he goes online, looks for words which people would have no idea and post them...

Or he goes and looks at a thesaurus while posting...

I don't know which is worse...

I hope not it's only 6:19 AM!!!!

I just like to bloviate at times also B)

:dam: forgot about the time difference, so it doesn't really work. Ok - you had a bet with somebody last night to use that word today, didn't you! :lol:

When the boss used to spend more time in this place (I am in work after all, isn't it obvious??) and there was a few of us minions, we used to have bets on getting ridiculous words into a conversation with her. Was quite funny trying to get 'pyschopathic ugly bitch from hell' in a sentence without her realising

Yes he goes online, looks for words which people would have no idea and post them...

Or he goes and looks at a thesaurus while posting...

I don't know which is worse...

What's worse is that he might actually know the word! :whistling:

Well i may just post a pic of our current president

:lol: Awesome!

:lol:

:dam: forgot about the time difference, so it doesn't really work. Ok - you had a bet with somebody last night to use that word today, didn't you! :lol:

When the boss used to spend more time in this place (I am in work after all, isn't it obvious??) and there was a few of us minions, we used to have bets on getting ridiculous words into a conversation with her. Was quite funny trying to get 'pyschopathic ugly bitch from hell' in a sentence without her realising

Maybe you won't believe this, but in Spanish I do have a rather broad vocabulary (unlike English, where the majority of the phrases I know had to do on how to contact a hooker when I am new in town). I love to write emails using as much archaic/unusual words as possible and watch my superiors trying to act as if they understood what I wrote! :lol:

So you keep the monarchy for the same reasons USA keep disney world? :P

Never, ever, ever diss the monarcy.

Yes, you have to go back many centuries, but, I do have some British in me. And not just any British. I'm an uber distant relative of William the Conqueror. So that means I have royal blood. My dad told me if something like 1000 people die, I could be the king of England. What a joyous thought that is, eh Brits?