Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aussief1

Official Pre-season Testing Thread

As you rightly say based on past experiences, testing times bear little relationship to race competitiveness.

...and my man Kimi nevers shows his true hand in testing...

Ferrari could also be sandbagging again...that F2008 car looks too marvelous to not be the fastest :naughty:

...and my man Kimi nevers shows his true hand in testing...

Ferrari could also be sandbagging again...that F2008 car looks too marvelous to not be the fastest :naughty:

Those must be really huge sandbags, if a debutant Nando on the crappy R27 with no TC could top the charts for two days, even considering that not everybody was trying to post fastest laps. :P

Welcome back, by the way. Was missing one of my most distinguished adversaries ;)

Those must be really huge sandbags, if a debutant Nando on the crappy R27 with no TC could top the charts for two days, even considering that not everybody was trying to post fastest laps. :P

Welcome back, by the way. Was missing one of my most distinguished adversaries ;)

it could have been a lap with only fumes left in the fuel tank, to make up for the R27's poor performance :D ... the article states the dude went for 2 fastest setting laps....every other frontrunner seemed to concentrate on reliability...

thanks the Quiet One, missed all my TF1 friends while holidaying in Lesotho.....

it could have been a lap with only fumes left in the fuel tank, to make up for the R27's poor performance :D ... the article states the dude went for 2 fastest setting laps....every other frontrunner seemed to concentrate on reliability...

thanks the Quiet One, missed all my TF1 friends while holidaying in Lesotho.....

Forget fumes. I was wondering if they could lift 100 kilograms of the car without messing up the setup. Amussing as it was, Alonso was too fast with last year's car... you know, the "perfect" headline.

And, yeah, kimi didn't have to prove anything (unlike Hamilton and Alonso) and could concentrate on the work.

Forget fumes. I was wondering if they could lift 100 kilograms of the car without messing up the setup. Amussing as it was, Alonso was too fast with last year's car... you know, the "perfect" headline.

And, yeah, kimi didn't have to prove anything (unlike Hamilton and Alonso) and could concentrate on the work.

if you continue to post like this...

You make really good sense besides being overly anti-ferrari/Lewis... it's a pity

and this is meant as a compliment

Yes, I am not saying that he will be the next WDC because of his times at Jerez. Anyways, it's a good sign that either the R27 was not that bad, or that Nando is not that bad. I am happy either way!

So how is Lesotho? The only fame it has is that of a very very poor country. Stereotypes suck. That's the same fame Bolvia has around these parts, yet when I went there I discovered a wonderfully complex and beautiful country.

Yes, I am not saying that he will be the next WDC because of his times at Jerez. Anyways, it's a good sign that either the R27 was not that bad, or that Nando is not that bad. I am happy either way!

So how is Lesotho? The only fame it has is that of a very very poor country. Stereotypes suck. That's the same fame Bolvia has around these parts, yet when I went there I discovered a wonderfully complex and beautiful country.

Nah that's just another stereotype, they're actually ok :)

R28 and FW30 to make track debut at Valencia

It will be another busy Formula One week. The teams move from Jerez to Valencia for a three-day test session. Renault will shakedown its R28 at Valencia tomorrow while Williams will test the FW30 for the first time at the same track. The official launch presentation of the R28 will take place on 31 January.

Source: http://www.totalf1.com/fullstory/view/2420...ut_at_Valencia/

Would you call me biased if I said that the R28 is the most beautiful car ever, bar none? :wub:

Anyways, I couldn't really look that much at the pics, being at work and all. But that car's surely looks mean! :ph34r:

unfortunately the Quiet One, I dare say, it is like that....worse was the goddamn flippin flies, they're everywhere! and I had to go to hotels to use the loo... sad but true

Poor Andres. Your eyes deceive you, I'm afraid. It is, as everyone else will testify, a godawful ugly contraption.

EDIT: due to South African intervention.

Hi, Brad. Sounds like you had a good holiday.

it's the same everytime, when I end up there I wish I could return (may my wife never see this post). They think I'm a flippin rich boy, and it's the first time I have'nt been bribed visiting Lesotho...seriously...

there were a few good moments though...

If the good outweighs the bad then it was a good holiday. Just don't go there again.

Good to see you, Russ! Stay around longer this time, please! The forum tends to decay when certain guys are not around.

As for Lesotho, I am sorry the seterotype, in this case, is true. I'd like to think that there's more to England that people with bad teeth and umbrellas, and that there's more to Southafrica than diamonds and safaris :P , so I was hoping that Lesotho would be more than a hell on earth. What did you went to do there, then, Brad?