Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grabthaw the Hammerslayer

So Who Would You Drive For....?

Actually I quite liked that particular bit of spam: took me back to my childhood with the power leveling tools Sherlock Holmes stories.

I would always worry about Williams long term prospects myself.

Elementary, my dear Rmble Strip.

Will the credit crunch force them to pull the plug.

I hop not.

Sir Williams seems pretty confident of outlasting the recession, and he has been around for a long time. If anything it would be there ability to develop a car over the course of the season which would be my bigger doubt, not funds

Sir Williams seems pretty confident of outlasting the recession, and he has been around for a long time. If anything it would be there ability to develop a car over the course of the season which would be my bigger doubt, not funds

Yep. These guys were about to be finished when the diffuser came along. New life for the team, no doubt. It's interesting, though, that they have not been able to cash in on it like BGP or even Toyota. But, then again, rumor has it that the diffuser was actually conceived in Super Aguri (of all places) and, from there, that it travelled to Honda and Toyota. Something relevant didn't make it all the way or, simply, in time...

Still, it's good to see Williams up there. One can only hope they are able to keep it up and rise again.

In answer to my own question, I think:

Top choice for Hammy would have to be Brawn, current performance, good engine, Ross Brawn, a weaker no. 2 driver and I don't think Button would "do an Alonso" on him

In second place, probably Toyota, as they are on the ascendant, a works outfit, good engine, fast, etc

Third would be Red Bull, as they have a reasonable car, reasonable engine, lots of money and good brand.

Don't see Ferrari being a choice as Alonso is going there and also because they are struggling (and I don't see a change coming)

Renault - just not "on the bubble", seem to be lacking the innovation (they are the ones bitching constantly about how others have found loopholes in the rules - why aren't they doing this themselves?)

BMW would be a good choice but they seem happy with the drivers they have

Williams - think they are on a bit of a knife edge, could improve, could slip back again. Not much money either

Don't see Ferrari being a choice as Alonso is going there and also because they are struggling (and I don't see a change coming)

I wonder if Ferrari's current form is a worry to Fernando? It could be a case of jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. The timing of his change from Renault to McLaren was impeccable, but I wonder if (if he does go to Maranello) he's about to enter another world of pain. I hope not.

It may well be that Ferrari are about to enter a period of utter disarray and when Fernando finally gets there, not for the first time in his career, he may have to emulate Michael Schumacher's efforts in restoring them to former glory.

Funnily enough I find it much more interesting thinking about where Alonso will go, as the thread has moved in that direction. With the rule changes this year and the next it's much harder to predict where will be the best. If Alonso only wanted a one year deal, Brawn would have been worth a punt for this year. Next year I still think Ferrari will be the way to go, but who knows in these exciting times.

Oh and if Lewis does go to Ferrari that would be both the two traditionally top teams out for Alonso. :lol:

Funnily enough I find it much more interesting thinking about where Alonso will go, as the thread has moved in that direction. With the rule changes this year and the next it's much harder to predict where will be the best. If Alonso only wanted a one year deal, Brawn would have been worth a punt for this year. Next year I still think Ferrari will be the way to go, but who knows in these exciting times.

Oh and if Lewis does go to Ferrari that would be both the two traditionally top teams out for Alonso. :lol:

:lol: There you go Max, you are always right.

Lewis to Toyota? Ermmm...I don't think that's a possibility right now. I don't think he would be actually welcome there at the moment.

Fernando? I would like him to stay at Renault, but if he goes to Ferrari, I hope Ferrari are still struggling when he gets there. The interesting bit about this season if the big teams can't find a quick solution is to watch the best drivers in the worst cars and the worst drivers in the best cars. And let's see how good were the best and how bad were the worst. It's like Graham's wet dream.

Lewis to Toyota? Ermmm...I don't think that's a possibility right now. I don't think he would be actually welcome there at the moment.

Fernando? I would like him to stay at Renault, but if he goes to Ferrari, I hope Ferrari are still struggling when he gets there. The interesting bit about this season if the big teams can't find a quick solution is to watch the best drivers in the worst cars and the worst drivers in the best cars. And let's see how good were the best and how bad were the worst. It's like Graham's wet dream.

Lewis won't go anywhere. :P ,

Right now Mclaren are a team who seem to be suffering from some diesease, so nobody wants to go in either.... :D , when it all heals, you will all see that Lewis is still sticking there. After all Mclaren are a team which helped him win the WDC in a way no other team would have allowed him.

:lol: GET THE LIGHT FELLAS? Lewis belongs there.

Yeah but does he want it? :)

I expect he does. Ferrari are a better long term choice, and Alonso knows that, he is not stupid, Baby! B)

Even if Ferrari is an incredibly poor and horrible car next year. If I was Alonso i'd still go. For all the honour and history etc etc. Besides I too think they'll bounce back very strongly. Their car this year isn't awful and I think they might win a couple of races before the end of the season.

They may have won in Malaysia, had it not been for a botched qualifying and a bit of rain.

... or the absence of Brawn who would never have put those wets on, or if their two drivers had shown a bit of skill or interest. Yes, apart from that, they were mighty. Brawn et al must be quivering.

Yeah Massa's my favourite for the title still.

Yes and Lewis will become a patron saint in the circle of truth.