Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Today In F1

Internet is going crazy Red Bull's Renault engines getting a potential re-badge.

Seems like, if true, they'll have the same badge as the one in this Red Bull car...

seventh-placed-eddie-cheever-usa-red-bull-racing-dallara-infiniti-makes-a-pit-stop-indy-racing-league-firestone-indy-225-nazareth-speedway-usa-21-april-2002-digital_2367517.jpg

...next they'll adopt the driver; a big enough moaner he'd fit right in. ;)

(That's Eddie Under-A-Cheever in an Infiniti, if you weren't one of the dozen people who followed the IRL).

Yeah! Especially since his Dad was so fast.

His father should sue him over his surname. Lotus v. Lotus, Ford F-150 v. Ferrari F150, FIA Formula One World Championship v. IZOD INDYCAR World Championship...may as well have another I'd think.

His Dad? Oh, yes...Prost.

Prost? Isn't Deutsche Prost a Mercedes sponsor? Any relation?

Internet is going crazy Red Bull's Renault engines getting a potential re-badge.

Seems like, if true, they'll have the same badge as the one in this Red Bull car...

seventh-placed-eddie-cheever-usa-red-bull-racing-dallara-infiniti-makes-a-pit-stop-indy-racing-league-firestone-indy-225-nazareth-speedway-usa-21-april-2002-digital_2367517.jpg

...next they'll adopt the driver; a big enough moaner he'd fit right in. ;)

(That's Eddie Under-A-Cheever in an Infiniti, if you weren't one of the dozen people who followed the IRL).

His father should sue him over his surname. Lotus v. Lotus, Ford F-150 v. Ferrari F150, FIA Formula One World Championship v. IZOD INDYCAR World Championship...may as well have another I'd think.

Prost? Isn't Deutsche Prost a Mercedes sponsor? Any relation?

You have started to smoke funny cigars, didn't you? :D

i was refering to todays F1 grid, with Shoemaker as still active driver in F1, with Alonso, Hamilton and the rest of them. mine thought was that if we were able to tolerate that kind of moves on track for Shoey, Senna ,Prost, why to bother what Alonso or Hamilton said off the track.

You said said the lowest moves in F1 history were shoemaker's crashes on Hill and Villeneuve :eusa_think:

No, no, no. Prost had the patience of a saint and he was a gentleman driver on the tarmac. Very much like Alonso. :eekout:

Yep. Like 2 peas in a pod, they are :lol:

You said said the lowest moves in F1 history were shoemaker's crashes on Hill and Villeneuve :eusa_think:

when he hit Hill and Villenueve there was no doubt that it was deliberately , you have it on you tube, on board camera of Shoey's destroyed car that was able to run long enough only to take Hill out, and then after crashing Villenueve and waiting on that track wall... he didn't even try to hide it , he couldn't hide it, it was so obviously. because of that those are lowest moves, and because of that he was punished. Senna-Prost crashes were not so obvious.

ESPN's inability to spell McLaren aside (hey, at least they didn't call Lewis an African-American like some of the other networks here do), this is ridiculously cool:

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=6162176

Stewart in an F1 car, Hamilton in a stock car. At Watkins Glen no less! I hope they release lap times, especially for Lewis, to see about where he'd be on the NASCAR grid for that race (I know they had Gordon's times in the Williams compared to the rest of the grid and for having never driven anything close to an F1 car, and never driven the track, he wasn't terrible). I just think things like this are really cool, and I know both drivers have a tremendous amount of respect for each other and the other series (while a lot of the fans of each series take shots at the other, you'd be surprised at how many F1 guys watch and enjoy the NASCAR stuff, and how many NASCAR guys will tell you Ayrton Senna is their racing hero), which is nice to see. I bet Stewart's glad he lost the weight this winter. I can't stand him, but dammit can he drive...cool stuff.

Though if it were Ferrari and Alonso we'd be accusing them of getting around the testing ban, for sure. ;)

Just read about the swap before I came here and was wondering if Eric would have posted anything on it yet :lol: Ridiculously cool indeed!

:lol: Of course! My passion for F1 may have declined as my passion for staying out late on Saturday nights increased exponentially, but I'll never lose interest in seeing modern F1 cars at Watkins Glen. I hope they give us plenty of on-board footage. You know, to get a good view of the ExxonMobil logos and that...:P

when he hit Hill and Villenueve there was no doubt that it was deliberately , you have it on you tube, on board camera of Shoey's destroyed car that was able to run long enough only to take Hill out, and then after crashing Villenueve and waiting on that track wall... he didn't even try to hide it , he couldn't hide it, it was so obviously. because of that those are lowest moves, and because of that he was punished. Senna-Prost crashes were not so obvious.

Even though Senna actually said before the race that he would take Prost out? :eusa_think:

I feel terribly dirty and like less of a man for linking you to BBC, so I apologize, but it's the first credible source reporting on the Red Bull Infiniti link mentioned a few posts up. The engines will be re-badged and supplied free, which gives Red Bull a nice bit of money to play with elsewhere.

http://news.bbc.co.u...one/9409120.stm

The whole move is about Infiniti's image in Europe, and I guess associating a luxury car brand with the team that will, in all likelihood, take the championship is worthwhile.

Though really, if they're going to do the re-badging thingy with one team, they may as well offer Team Lotus an ultimatum: give up the name or we're calling your engines Dacia. :P

Even though Senna actually said before the race that he would take Prost out? :eusa_think:

There is my point! He, like a true gentleman and racer , announced his move on Prost, a true fairplay. Don't mix him with Shoemaker.

There is my point! He, like a true gentleman and racer , announced his move on Prost, a true fairplay. Don't mix him with Shoemaker.

Chariot racing style, oh Caesar.

:lol:

Yet his move on Prost was less obvious than Schumacher's moves, according to you, even though he announced beforehand that he would do it? I'm guessing a career as a detective was out of the question for you then :whistling:

So anyway, it's more gentlemanly and sporting to say you are going to cheat before you actually cheat, than spontaneous cheating? Interesting concept :lol:

Yet his move on Prost was less obvious than Schumacher's moves, according to you, even though he announced beforehand that he would do it? I'm guessing a career as a detective was out of the question for you then :whistling:

So anyway, it's more gentlemanly and sporting to say you are going to cheat before you actually cheat, than spontaneous cheating? Interesting concept :lol:

Senna's move on Prost is less obvious, and therefore more acceptable for kids when they see it on Internet. No one in United Kingdom doesn't want to see how angry defeated German ace crashes his fighting machine into fighting machine of a victorious British ace, and takes him down by fraud.It arouses bad memories. At least kid's shouldn't have to watch it.

Spontaneous cheating? Very interesting concept. :blink:

Are you a lawyer ? I think that new precedant is made.

Just imagine Flavio's defence: Your Honor, it was case of spontaneous cheating! :lol:

Senna's move on Prost is less obvious, and therefore more acceptable for kids when they see it on Internet. No one in United Kingdom doesn't want to see how angry defeated German ace crashes his fighting machine into fighting machine of a victorious British ace, and takes him down by fraud.It arouses bad memories. At least kid's shouldn't have to watch it.

Spontaneous cheating? Very interesting concept. :blink:

Are you a lawyer ? I think that new precedant is made.

Just imagine Flavio's defence: Your Honor, it was case of spontaneous cheating! :lol:

Nope still not seeing that. It was no less obvious and we knew it was deliberate because he said he was going to do it. I am not sure using a bunch of British kids watching the internet is a valid defense there.

I was trying to make a differentiation for you between cheating on the spur of the moment because an opportunity arises and pre-meditated cheating and spontaneous was the best I could come up with :lol:

However, if I was to use your observation of fair play it would go like - Your Honour, it was not murder because I told him before I killed him that I was going to do it so it was less obvious :whistling:

I'm sorry, I'll stop now. I was just having a bit of fun being argumentative :lol:

*Wonders whether Paul realises I didn't mean him, or whether he will have to say as much*

*Wonders whether Paul realises I didn't mean him, or whether he will have to say as much*

I was just being polite for a change :whistling: