Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Today In F1

Why would Boullier publicly damn Nick like this. Is it because he is black?

Who? Boullier?

Any way - I particularly liked this bit...

"It needs to be from practice one to be at least on Vitaly's pace... "

Villeneuve has been sniffing around the paddock again, trying to get a drive. He was seen shaking his head in disgust at the lack of offers.

He was heard muttering "Is it because I is Jacques?"

crap, laboured jokes - the best kind...

I saw Mr O'Neal has retired from the NBA this week. Do you think it's because he is Shaq?

A number of teams are rumored to be so upset by Red Bull breaking the FOTA agreement on spending that they are questioning why the team is part of an organization whose roles it does not follow.

At Monaco there were, story goes, words between Stefano Domenicali and Christian Horner about the amount on money Red Bull spends on team and personnel (have you seen the floating hospitality center in Monaco?) . As usual Red Bull have a clever answer and "reading of the rules", Horner claimed it's all fine as the team uses external subcontractors...

So Ferrari is mad, a number of other teams are mad, Mclaren has not yet taken a position either way, Marting Whitmarsh being FOTA's president...--- a part of article from "axis of oversteer"

A number of teams are rumored to be so upset by Red Bull breaking the FOTA agreement on spending that they are questioning why the team is part of an organization whose roles it does not follow.

At Monaco there were, story goes, words between Stefano Domenicali and Christian Horner about the amount on money Red Bull spends on team and personnel (have you seen the floating hospitality center in Monaco?) . As usual Red Bull have a clever answer and "reading of the rules", Horner claimed it's all fine as the team uses external subcontractors...

So Ferrari is mad, a number of other teams are mad, Mclaren has not yet taken a position either way, Marting Whitmarsh being FOTA's president...--- a part of article from "axis of oversteer"

What??? Are you serious. This from the team (Ferrari) that spends the most bucks annually for trying to build the best car. Hilarious if this story is true...

What??? Are you serious. This from the team (Ferrari) that spends the most bucks annually for trying to build the best car. Hilarious if this story is true...

well, i havent seen more information about this, but on many forums say this happened. it seems that external contractors are loophole in regulations. are you serious that RBR can built good car with small budget?

well, i havent seen more information about this, but on many forums say this happened. it seems that external contractors are loophole in regulations. are you serious that RBR can built good car with small budget?

We already know that Red Bull has a separate company called 'Red Bull Technology'(I can see it from my office window, incidentally). This was to avoid problems when they supplied an identical chassis to Torro Rosso. I guess all they need to do is have RBT submit an invoice for a paltry amount to RBR, when in fact it's effectively all the same company.

Worse still, apparently it wasn't just a spectator it was a marshal.

Good, those award extra points :D

Been seeing a lot of artist renderings of the "Circuit of the Universe" or whatever they're calling that thing in a field on a tiny little winding road outside Austin.

Wonder why they aren't showing any real pictures of any real developments on this circuit? Do you think it's because they haven't really made any?

Nothing but transparency with the Grand Prix of Taxes...err...Texas.

I suspect if the circuit gets built, no one will be there to see it...June 17? In Texas? I'll bet bottled water will be $10 per for the poor suckers who go to a race in 105°F heat. This whole USGP thing is just silly. The economic impact of sports people in the U.S. actually care about is questionable; the economic impact of a Grand Prix is non-existent if they're doing it in the summer. If F1 isn't in a position to make it worthwhile here, I don't know why they keep trying to do it. If the car makers want to sell more cars here, well, F1's not the way to do that. My advice to them: build better pickup trucks, and assemble them in the U.S. from an acceptable percentage of U.S.-made parts.

It just makes no sense to me. Can't they find a decent track in France, or support a second British race, or go somewhere where they might actually have a big enough event to justify public funding? Don't the automakers know anything about U.S. advertising? F1's only real chance here is to become some underground "you won't understand" thing for Caucasian urban hipster elites...but they're immune to advertising because it's so "mainstream" and too "corporate." Or something like that.

Oooh no. the Area 51 GP.

Lots of flat ground around there..... air support for cameras would not be a problem. :)

Only problem is if the occupants of Area 51 spot Bernie they will think another alien has landed a la Roswell :D

21 races on the 2012 calendar...Jean Todt says it will be reduced to 20...and some Mexican fellow with an Internet connection says Charlie Whiting has given Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez the green light for a 2012 race. :lol:

I figured I'd post it anyway for the hell of it. Whiting really was there, and really did approve it or something like that. My guess: they know very well that they need a backup plan for Austin, because getting that puppy done in time for June won't be easy. Mexico City would be a decent backup, since 95% of the people who would attend Austin would be Pérez fans taking a short trip north. But that might be too logical.

so red bull is probably going on full KERS mode now when Constant EBD is out. rumor was that red bull was using hybrid version of KERS with only 2/3 of power that KERS gives but with less weight and size so that aerodynamics of the car wouldn't be threatened (and therfore with more KERS problems).

gain of Constant EBD was much higher in Q3 than from KERS and during the race car had good pace so KERS system was sacrificed. now they will have to use it .

therefore this announcement from red bull that they have solved KERS issues.link