Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHS

Korean Gp

If Alonso wins - I hope he does it by more than the 7 points he was gifted by Massa. Otherwise his 3rd WDC will always be slightly dubious.

That probably doesn't even make the top ten of the dubious things he has done in his career. For that you have to look at things like forcing a young driver into a suicidal crash so he could win a race.

And all his WDCs were team orders assisted, people arte just too stupid to notice the subtle use of team orders in 05-06 because they were busy vilifying Ferrari and MS.

That probably doesn't even make the top ten of the dubious things he has done in his career. For that you have to look at things like forcing a young driver into a suicidal crash so he could win a race.

:lol: As much as I disagree with the version about the Crashgate, I must agree that, had he won that Championship, it would have been more controversial. Ditto for 2007. (Actually, after I made my last post I felt kind of guilty because I imagined the same situation but Hamilton/Schumi being in the place Alonso is now, and I would have surely felt outraged...damn double standards are so hard to get rid of)

And all his WDCs were team orders assisted, people arte just too stupid to notice the subtle use of team orders in 05-06 because they were busy vilifying Ferrari and MS.

Nah.

WTF?

K, my eyes are bleeding from reading so much bulls##t and that was just the first page.

Adam, you ran out of meds?

Any driver who wins the championship is worthy. They gave a little more than the rest. Whether or not you like said driver is an issue we all need to get over.

WTF?

K, my eyes are bleeding from reading so much bulls##t and that was just the first page.

Any driver who wins the championship is worthy. They gave a little more than the rest. Whether or not you like said driver is an issue we all need to get over.

shame poor snorris...

WTF?

Welcome back! Finally somebody with less hair on her legs than I have! :P

As for Adam's comment, despite not agreeing with his choices, I think I understand what he means.

Yes, in some sense you can ssay that whoever wins a championship was worthy of it, but that's not saying much. In another sense, some drivers 'deserve' a championship, even if other factors do not let them win it (Kubica would be a clear example this year of a driver worthy at least as much as any of the other five contenders, and yes I am including Nando among them). Now, you could go the Graham's way and try to find a way in which whoever is the best driver should be the one that wins. Other path is simply watch them, acknowledge the other factors and just use your own criteria to determine who, in your opinion is a great driver and who isn't. Yes, that is very subjective but unsurprisingly enough, most people tend to agree that the great drivers are the Hamiltons, Alonsos, Vettels, Buttons, Schumachers, Kubicas, etc. (although many would disagree on their relative worth) while very few would agree that Di Grassi or Yamamoto should be on that same league.

So, when he talks about being worthy, he means being an outstanding driver. You know I'm not exactly Button's biggest fan :P but even I think that, had Button got behind the wheel of one of these RBRs, the championship would have been over by Hockenheim, the latest. Of course, had an Alonso or Hamilton drove one of those cars, they would have the WDC wrapped up by Monaco :P

I can't believe the luck of this ****ing prick! another flippin inherited win!

Yeah! a lot of luck... just like when the security car pushed him from 3rd to 8th...

I wish he had those points now...

I'm so sick of hearing Fernando is lucky, he is just good and you must be blind if you didn't saw it

in the Korean GP. Lewis was the luckiest driver, I'm glad he run out of it at the end of this season.

And a guy with the picture of Michael in the profile talks about wins with team orders? wow... you have some nerve.

You know I'm not exactly Button's biggest fan :P but even I think that, had Button got behind the wheel of one of these RBRs, the championship would have been over by Hockenheim, the latest. Of course, had an Alonso or Hamilton drove one of those cars, they would have the WDC wrapped up by Monaco :P

Not with Horner on the pitwall. That guy is almost as bad team manager as Domenicali...

Actually isn't it possible that Button would have wrapped up the championship before Alonso or Hamilton would have done, if they were in a RBR? If consistency is what you need, which it would be, I'd take Button any day, except yesterday. Perhaps this championship is so exciting because the top cars have been given to drivers in reverse order of ability. :P

WTF?

:D In my defense, I was just trying to wind Craig up. My desire for a Webber DNF in Korea was simply born out of not wanting the WDC to be decided before Abu Dhabi. I think Webber's been just as useless as the other top drivers this year. I don't see that any of the top five have shown themselves to be outstanding. Saying that - I've loved watching them screw up race after race and it's made for a great season.

Andres' point about worthy WDC's verses guys who got lucky is a nicer way to make the same point. Like I said earlier - I think the driver most worthy of the WDC this year has been Kubica.

Webber will always be a WDC in the style of Hulme or Phil Hill rather than Fangio or Senna. Some WDC's took their championships by the balls, some shuffled embarrassedly into them.

Potential Red Bull Strategy.

Brazil: If Alonso doing well. Mark takes the lead.

If Alonso is not doing well, no orders.

If Vettel helps Webber in Brazil, if in Abu Dabi Alonso is not diong well, then if Webber is in front of Vettel, then Webber should return the favour.

It is obvoius that no matter what Horner will not be saying about team orders.

I remember hearing something a while back about Ferrari being short on engines. I wonder if thats true, and if that will have an impact on Alonso's final races?eusa_think.gif

I remember hearing something a while back about Ferrari being short on engines. I wonder if thats true, and if that will have an impact on Alonso's final races?eusa_think.gif

Everyone in contention is on their last engine, except for Vettel who just blew up his last in Korea.

This is the exactly the problem I have with you die-hard fernando fans... please look up the word inherited as I don't think nincompoop fans of Fernando are able to comprehend it.

No mate its ok i do understand English..but thanks for that lesson!!! let me remind u if Fernando..(who is FASTER than YOU) ..had an even FASTER car..like err Seb and Mark..he would have won this championship in MONZA!!

A lesson for you, there is good drivers, then there is ALONSO..Brilliant driver!!

[quote name='fernando78' timestamp='1288070647' post='324857']
No mate its ok i do understand English..but thanks for that lesson!!! let me remind u if Fernando..(who is FASTER than YOU) ..had an even FASTER car..like err Seb and Mark..he would have won this championship in MONZA!!
A lesson for you, there is good drivers, then there is ALONSO..Brilliant driver!!
[/quote]
eish, you remind me now about the msg that Massa got that Fernando was faster than him, while Massa had his revs on low conserving his engine. Or the time Alonso went on a betting spat with Rossi, and lost out badly cause he was'nt man enough to do the challenge...

and I'll kick that boy's a## if I ever race againts him in real life, the only chance he'll ever have of winning is if my unreliable engine breaks down and he inherits THAT WIN also...

The last two races Vettel has been untouchable. Qualifying might be a close run thing with his team mate, but he has been the faster of the two. In the last two races he has not put a wheel wrong and he should have won them both. It is a shame for him, but good for the championship.

I can't see McLaren bridging the gap between themselves, Red Bull and Ferrari, so I think it's between Alonso, Webber and Vettel and I would be worried, if I were Alonso, with the engines I have remaining to put up a decent fight. It would be so disappointing for this championship that we have witnessed if it should come down to a car breaking down during a race and handing a victory to the others, rather than fighting it out on the track.

Fingers crossed.

Tchau.

The last two races Vettel has been untouchable. Qualifying might be a close run thing with his team mate, but he has been the faster of the two. In the last two races he has not put a wheel wrong and he should have won them both. It is a shame for him, but good for the championship.

I can't see McLaren bridging the gap between themselves, Red Bull and Ferrari, so I think it's between Alonso, Webber and Vettel and I would be worried, if I were Alonso, with the engines I have remaining to put up a decent fight. It would be so disappointing for this championship that we have witnessed if it should come down to a car breaking down during a race and handing a victory to the others, rather than fighting it out on the track.

Fingers crossed.

Tchau.

some good perspective...

Everyone in contention is on their last engine, except for Vettel who just blew up his last in Korea.

Vettel certainly did not blow his last engine, I believe he has at least one engine still that has been used in only one race so far, and a few that have been used in two races. Fernando's situation is the worst, as all the engines he has left have been used in at least two races.

Webber's last engine was barely used, thanks to a brilliant strategy at Korea ;)

Vettel is on his last engine, but he has a engine used only once and a couple of engines used twice (as noted by Ikyrotz). Alonso, apparently, will use the same engine he used in Monza for the next two races. A tricky perspective, considering that both Monza and Interlagos are rather engine intensive. However, there's speculation that he might fit a new engine, take the penalty and try to stay alive in Interlagos taking advantage of the points gap and then await for the grand finale at Abu Dhabi.

Actually isn't it possible that Button would have wrapped up the championship before Alonso or Hamilton would have done, if they were in a RBR? If consistency is what you need, which it would be, I'd take Button any day, except yesterday. Perhaps this championship is so exciting because the top cars have been given to drivers in reverse order of ability. :P

:lol: There's some sense in what you said...surprisingly :P

Webber's last engine was barely used, thanks to a brilliant strategy at Korea ;)

Vettel is on his last engine, but he has a engine used only once and a couple of engines used twice (as noted by Ikyrotz). Alonso, apparently, will use the same engine he used in Monza for the next two races. A tricky perspective, considering that both Monza and Interlagos are rather engine intensive. However, there's speculation that he might fit a new engine, take the penalty and try to stay alive in Interlagos taking advantage of the points gap and then await for the grand finale at Abu Dhabi.

That might well be a sensible option for Alonso. With a penalty he would still be looking at picking up 10pts in Brazil for perhaps 5th place. That would give him a fresher engine than both RedBulls for Abu Dhabi.

That might well be a sensible option for Alonso. With a penalty he would still be looking at picking up 10pts in Brazil for perhaps 5th place. That would give him a fresher engine than both RedBulls for Abu Dhabi.

Yes, given that Massa apparently refused to crash in the middle of the straight...I mean, what kind of team mate could be so selfish???

BTW, I am amazed that no one has came up with this before but...have you noticed that right before the race restart at Korea, Nando and Mark were talking and, from Mark's gestures, he was describing a scenario in which a car could crash against one of the walls and then bounce back into the track, that is what the commentators said, at least. Apparently he was just showing how dangerous it was out there...but then he did just that! And who is Mark's manager (and still unoficially a co- manager of Alonso along with Garcia Abad? That's right, good ole Flavio!

Alonso bashers are definitely a little bit rusty if they need one of his fans to point out this conspiracy theory :P

(I can't wait to see it reproduced somewhere else!)

Yes, given that Massa apparently refused to crash in the middle of the straight...I mean, what kind of team mate could be so selfish???

BTW, I am amazed that no one has came up with this before but...have you noticed that right before the race restart at Korea, Nando and Mark were talking and, from Mark's gestures, he was describing a scenario in which a car could crash against one of the walls and then bounce back into the track, that is what the commentators said, at least. Apparently he was just showing how dangerous it was out there...but then he did just that! And who is Mark's manager (and still unoficially a co- manager of Alonso along with Garcia Abad? That's right, good ole Flavio!

Alonso bashers are definitely a little bit rusty if they need one of his fans to point out this conspiracy theory :P

(I can't wait to see it reproduced somewhere else!)

of which he was guilty...I mean, who really does believe he did'nt know :P