Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

Testing Starts!!!

The cars have quite often had a driver cooling duct...normally at the tip of the nose...

mclaren_nose_540x306.jpg

In the red below the Merc logo ^

03dd790cbbcca2af84905683603417cb.jpg

The black gash at the tip ^

ta_article_495.jpg

Just below the Ferrari logo, below the FIAT logo ^

4017714320_f5836b5453.jpg

Just below the apex of the Marlboro stripes ^ (and in much the same place as on my Lola)

mclaren_mp4-26.jpg

In the red, again (last years car) ^

Red-Bull-2011-F1-Car-Front-View.jpg

Below the oval logo (what ever it is???) below the Renault logo ^

2011-Mercedes-W02-300x192.jpg

Below the Merc logo ^

So, the opening could very well be to put air into the c#ckpit. What better place to put it too, than in the step above and behind the suspension so as there is no need for intricate internal ducting.

Now whats the problem at Ferrari???

08:49 Alonso bangs in a 1m19.289s for Ferrari

08:51 @InsideFerrari: Second run of the day, this time on Soft tyres: Fernando's best time was 1.19.289

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08:50 Red Bull meanwhile has a man down by the Lotus garage, watching proceedings

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was a 3-lap qualifying stint by Alonso

another short burst from Alonso

09:44 Now a 1m19.673s for Hamilton, who is a second behind Alonso on the timesheets

09:45 1m18.877s from Alonso. His best so far. Hamilton improves too

short qualifying runs... If these specific ones are done on the softs then we'll have to see what the Renault and Red Bull does on it....

lol Handy

09:59 @InsideFerrari Another run completed on Soft Pirelli tyres. Fernando improved his best time up to 1.18.877.

So add minus 2 seconds, and you get Lotus and RBR's time on qualifying softs :snigger::whistling:

Yeah, well it's not so half as bad for Vettel...RBR have decided the car isn't up to mustard so they are going to race the 2013 car....Vettel will be testing it today....once he gets the chick out of his car that is...

133795559.s7Gb9niO.jpg

Yeah, well it's not so half as bad for Vettel...RBR have decided the car isn't up to mustard so they are going to race the 2013 car....Vettel will be testing it today....once he gets the chick out of his car that is...

133795559.s7Gb9niO.jpg

:lol: :lol:

Those air inlets for driving cooling (or hydraulic cooling in some cases) is considerably smaller then the current RBR inlet, it's like comparing a hand held 2 AA battery fan against a 24" desktop cooling fan! There is no relation between the two!

Vettel's RB8 could be called Temperamental Tanya.

(Waiting for someone to make the predictable electrical glitch/car on her period joke...)

The cars have quite often had a driver cooling duct...normally at the tip of the nose...

You mean F1 cars don't sport state of the art A/C?!?!?!?!!?

You cannot be serious!!!

Vettel has only done 2 installation laps today because they're having electrical problems...

Is he still light hair and pale?

Any sign of electrocution? :rolleyes:

Guess Ferrari was forced to be on top today even if it meant stealing and RB8 and painting it red! Sponsors and Spanish spectators would have gotten a bit ttoo nervous o therwise. Other than that, I doubt this was something the team really needed to do. They need to know intimately how the car responds to different setups and finding the best balance. That's the most important in a new car. They won't race all season at Jerez, after all :D

Red Bull's nose slot isn't a driver cooling aid. I haven't figured out exactly what it does do yet, but I doubt that was the truth.

Seven cars within a second of each other on the final day. Just too close to say anything really, as a second is friggin nothing and equates to lifting just 20m before your normal braking point on the last few corners. But for the most part, the cars all got lots of laps in, including Senna doing two GP's plus in one day.

How many day's now to Melbourne???? Five or six weeks isn't it?

Ikyrotz, many thanks!!! So he has a new website, I wondered why he stopped posting on his theracingdriver.com blog!

Glad I'm not the only one who took some time to realise that. But yeah, he changed sites a while ago without ever notifying his readership, bizarrely enough.

Ikyrotz, many thanks!!! So he has a new website, I wondered why he stopped posting on his theracingdriver.com blog!

You're most welcome. :)

Have to say I feel better going into this season as far as "hey, there might be some fun races" than I have in recent years. Testing didn't make me hand the championship to anyone yet, so that's always a good thing.

You get to give out the championship? Whoa!!! Dude!!! Can I have it this year then, please? Pretty please?

You get to give out the championship? Whoa!!! Dude!!! Can I have it this year then, please? Pretty please?

:lol: This is why it's so easy for me to give a guarantee "he'll be a future WDC" when talking about young drivers...

...though I did say Sebastian Vettel would never go so far as to win a race and I have no explanation for why I let him do that, but I'm certainly sorry.

Have to say I feel better going into this season as far as "hey, there might be some fun races" than I have in recent years. Testing didn't make me hand the championship to anyone yet, so that's always a good thing.

Hey! Maybe me and you can switch places! You can be the one saying how brilliant and exciting most races are and I can be the grumpy one saying it's all sh*t (out of frustration for missing half the races live...) and argue how NASCAR is clearly superior!

Stranger things have happened on this forum. :P j/k