Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Our Beloved Chairman's China Grand Prix

And if you knew your F1 history, you could have added the word "again"...

Thanks ! I had no idea, only started following F1 in '86, didnt know about the crazy 70's ! :)

Guys this is going to be a tremendous race. The two Mercedes plummeting, watching Hamilton, who probably has the best car, charge from seventh, and Vettel from eleventh, and Alonso from ninth even though the car is terrible he's still a good driver, and...I don't want to say it but...Räikkönen is the real favorite to win from fourth. Wow wow wow wow wow. This season is beautiful.

Recording this one...can't wait to finally see a race live this year when the 8 AM start times come back.

Räikkönen, Button, and Hamilton end up on the podium in some order...but it really is interesting to see what Kobayashi could do from a good starting spot, since 90% of what he gets credit for is his overtaking. Can he manage a more "normal" race?

F1's really bringing it lately.

Michael's quali progression this season : 4,3,2

Pole next race?

his concern shouldn't be pole but a certain frenchman called Grosjean.

I expect Grosjean to overtake Alonso at the start.

i expect alonso to win 2012 WDC so i don't want to see him with Grosjean in the same sentence, or in the same corner.

I expect Grosjean to overtake Alonso at the start.

I expect the same, followed by an on board cam from Nando's car showing the exact moment when GRO goes wide at the first corner and stucks his car.

(Nah, actually I'd like to watch GRO have a good race, I think this year's car is the opportunity he needs to show whether he has the potential or not)

I hope Kimi can get the first podium for Team Poochie. Go, Kimi, you monosyllabic car destroyer!!!!!! Just one word of advice: don't pit on the same lap as Lewis!

Alonso...can take care of himself pretty well, he does not need encouragement. Whatever his position I am 90% confident he will have done everything possible with that car (unless he crashes or something)

Vettel from the back: two words of advice...time to show how good you are when everything is against you and pressure mounts, and hope you will respect the blue flags when they overlap you :P

Lewis, Button, Webber, Kimi: 4 drivers, very apparently without enough difference between cars as to avoid at least some on track battle, and 4 different racing styles. Pure racing does not get any better than this.

Massa: for second time in a row he managed to stay within less than half a second from Alonso. My Despisal Reduction System has been activated: Come on, kid. You are a nice guy, but you need to deliver!

Ferrari pit: Please remove that cardboard figure of Felipinho. It is simply awful!

Perez, Kamui moving forwars vs MSC and Nico moving backwards: the perfect storm?

With so many things, it is going to be a hell of an anticlimax, probably :)

I don't know if Mercedes's real problem is tire degradation or inability to get tires to the correct temperature.

Anyhow, I hope Schumi at least gets an incident-free race tomorrow.

Still a bit thunderstruck how Rosberg qualified 0.5 seconds ahead of Hamilton & Schumi.

I think Michael could have gotten second but when they realized nobody would take third from him and with Hamilton dropping 5 anyway, they decided to call him in and not put another lap on his soft tires for tomorrow.

I think all around everybody at Merc did not really think Rosberg was going to be THAT fast on his lap.

I have to say this reace looks like it will be fun to watch. Let's just hope we don;t get any rain...

Guys this is going to be a tremendous race. The two Mercedes plummeting, watching Hamilton, who probably has the best car, charge from seventh, and Vettel from eleventh, and Alonso from ninth even though the car is terrible he's still a good driver, and...I don't want to say it but...Räikkönen is the real favorite to win from fourth. Wow wow wow wow wow. This season is beautiful.

If Alonso is still ahead of Vettel after turn two, then expect these two to slowly drift off the pace thanks to Alonso's car, and Sebs inability to pass Alonso....

Came across a couple of similar comments on James Allen's site & crash.net. Basically, Mercedes has sacrificed straight line top speed to go easy on the tires - they were 10th & 13th in the speed traps.

Let's see if it works out.

his concern shouldn't be pole but a certain frenchman called Grosjean.

Well, for the China GP at least, Grosjean's not a problem. He's 10th...oh wait, frogs have quite a good leap.

i expect alonso to win 2012 WDC so i don't want to see him with Grosjean in the same sentence, or in the same corner.

Ok, sir, I won't put ever Alonso & Grosjean in the same sentence again.

Ok, no rain expected and rather high temps. Damage limitation for Alonso in this race will mean finishing within the top ten.

Chinese people doing the worst choreography ever. 3:20 am here and still 40 minutes to the start of the GP, I'm bored, I'm tired...this GP better be worth the bother! :ph34r:

Every time Perez smiles he gives me the creeps. Those teeth are not human. They seem like a bad photoshop.

I like the guy, but I hate the Mexican commentator. The guy just never stops talking and keeps rambling and rambling about nothing.

Kinda like me...just read my posts non stop with a high pitched, nasal voice and you can imagine the torture.

If Alonso is still ahead of Vettel after turn two, then expect these two to slowly drift off the pace thanks to Alonso's car, and Sebs inability to pass Alonso....

There's something called DRS, you know? There's a long, long, long straight, you know? Alonso's car top speed sucks, you know? :unsure:

I think HAM will win this race. Rosberg, Schumi will do well if the car works better with the tires. Alonso will struggle to finish in the points. Button, Vettel, Webber, Kimi will finish higher up than their starting grid position.

Yes, I've just watched that temp is lower than initially predicted. In any case I meant higher temps than in previous days, not as an absolut term.

Yes, I've just watched that temp is lower than initially predicted. In any case I meant higher temps than in previous days, not as an absolut term.

Ah yes, read on Autosport (I think) just now, that race day is warmer than quali day.