Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Angellica

British Grand Prix At Silverstone

Well this is my home race in that I don't live that far from there but sadly I won't be going. However, my local weather does cover Silverstone. It's looking like potentially being a wet Friday Practice but so far they're saying dry for Qualifying and the Race :)

I know, you all think it does nothing but rain here, but honest, it doesn't. We've had a nice bit of sunshine this week for a change.

So who do you think will win? I am going to say Vettel of course but Alonso could go well here. I can't see us getting a British winner though, McLaren are nowhere and Hamilton's car just isn't up to it I don't think though he could get pole perhaps.

Anyone but vettel, to keep the wdc alive.

The lotus is quick, so I'm with kimi for this one. May be Lewis or nico in the top 3 and hopefully an improvement from button and Perez.

Yeah Vettel told to stay of the kerbs, what a joke this is

It's one thing for tires to degrade quickly, it's quite another for them to burst just like that. The teams should band together & refuse any further racing until given proper racing tires.

So the accident that Checo suffered during practice was like these ones as well? They said it was down to a new component in the Maccas, but this changes it all.

Will they race until the end? Safety is a big concern now.

I hate you, Pirelli. Get the hell out of F1.

Pirelli is probably on their way out as soon as possible. This and the testgate might prove too much for their PR, with almost nonexistant brand image gaining.

Pirelli is probably on their way out as soon as possible. This and the testgate might prove too much for their PR, with almost nonexistant brand image gaining.

Indeed.

Great recovery drive in progress by my boy webber after his trademark disgusting start

Why is Kimi not pitting?! How can this team be so clueless! Kimi better get out of there soon and grab that Red Bull contract.

Checo's rear left failure should seriously set alarm bells ringing.

Good recovery by Lewis & Felipe. Alonso & Webber did well to maximize their chances.

Nice that the WDC standings is still a bit close.

Well done nico holding of webber one more lap and webber would have had, what a recovery from webber. Shocking race in terms of tyres something has to be done there. Vettel's luck has FINALLY come to an end

Vettel gets lucky even in misfortune, as the SC caught Alonso in 8th place..

I don't think that had anything to do with luck. Ferrari simply correctly guessed that there'd be a SC for Vettel's retirement, very good call, really. The Lotus team on the other hand... how can they be such idiots... they just don't seem to have any idea.

Failing to pit when SV stopped cost a few drivers some points today.