Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipstick79

Honda

11 December 2017   15:06 (CET)

I've read full interview with Hirotoshi Honda a few days ago. The man stays polite, as expected of Japanese culture. What he however really feels and would want to say could be different story. One of the worst sins a foreigner can commit in Japan is to make someone to "loose his face", regardless of circumstance. McLaren managed to make it happen, never-mind how they feel about lost years (which even a very rudimentary risk analysis could have predicted).

Honda will recover, I have no doubt about it. Whether they have however time to converge with Mercedes power is not certain at all under current regulatory requirements. Too many restrictions on development that is needed on full scale.

Indeed, Loss-of-face is very BIG in Japan.
But flip that coin, what about the ;Loss-of-face Mclaren has had,  whilst with Honda.
Also a BIG thing in Woking, enter Renault for the first time in history.
Honda WILL work it out, eventually but after 3 dismal years wiith McLaren how long will it take Honda?
Something that Mclaren were no longer prepared to gamble on.
With the new Mclaren Renault partnership. Most people WILL be comparing to Red Bull - same PU
Though I will be comparing to the Honda PU will it prove to be the better choice,  switching to Renault?

23 December 2017   13:40 (CET)

Partnering potentially RBR? Now I feel really sorry for Honda. Don't do that!

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:15 PM, Emmcee said:

With the rediculous testing bans in place, how can they ever catch up?

Dude,  the testing ban ONLY applies to the F1 CAR`S over in Japan they COULD develop & TEST
The PU.  Though it is a cow`s opinion now - it doesn`t matter
McLaren HAVE a race winning PU lined up - Renault, OR whatever it WILL B badged as

26 December 2017   20:11 (CET)

Honda was permitted to use dyno for development as everyone else, and nothing more. Absence of relevant road based testing ultimately masked for significant period of time several issue, at least two of which were really doozies. First, dyno in Japan contained a calibration error, and consequently data collected on the rig were purportedly misleading. Only much later comparative data collected during races revealed the problem and made it transparent. Time lost and bad headlines of course were meanwhile embarrassing. Second one we were made aware off was the infamous incident with fuel bladder, which had to be also redesigned and re-tested in actual races.

I remain convinced that road testing still remains as one of the most effective and efficient, if not indispensable methods of vehicle development and as confirmation that a car is competitively ready for forthcoming races.

Red Bull paid too much for new Verstappen deal – Lauda

F1 sensation Verstappen was critical of Red Bull earlier in 2017, but ultimately signed a lucrative new contract taking him through to late 2020.

It was believed the Dutch camp managed to push Verstappen’s salary into the range of $25-35 million per year by holding talks with Mercedes.

But team chairman Lauda insisted: “We never made a proposal to Max.

“I have a good relationship with Helmut Marko as we often talk and fly together. Today we talked about Verstappen and I told him that they could have saved a lot of money, since we never entered negotiations with him,” he told Servus TV.

For his part, Marko insists Red Bull is happy with the new deal entered into by Verstappen.

“We shared with him our plans for the future, guaranteeing that by 2020 we will have the best people and good options for the engine.

“We went to the Honda base in Sakura and the infrastructure is incredible. This convinced him.

“He took advantage of the situation to get a raise in his money, but on this matter he is far from Vettel and Hamilton,” Marko insisted.

“If he can win titles he will approach them, but we have good prize money on top of a low base salary,” he revealed.

As this IS a HONDA thread, I WILL suggest Honda theory/speculation.

Ron RESIGNED Mclaren with Honda. In turn bringing Honda BACK into F1.
Ron WERE pushed out of the Mclaren door - THANK YOU, & GOODBYE
Boullier wants to do it HIS way.
Mclaren Honda WERE a success under Ron
ALL credit WILL go to Ron, if Mclaren Honda ARE a success AGAIN
Boullier decides to his DISTANCE Mclaren from  Ron
Mclaren & Renault have NEVER collaborated previously - EVER

ANY Mclaren success WILL now  B down to Boullier / Brown

27 December 2017   21:05 (CET)

EB is, and has been a racing manager, and not a team principal. Put it differently, he is a bystander to RD's fate.

Re: he is a bystander to RD's fate

???

RD has NO ties to McLaren ANYMORE.
He were kicked out - voted off the board
And HAS sold ALL his remaining shares in McLaren
$$MILLIONS from  Honda
$$250 MILLION RICHER

Hence why,  MCL32
NOT MP4 - Mclaren Ron Company

Honda will have its current Formula 1 engine available as a back-up plan if there are problems with its 2018 specification.

So things ALREADY NOT lookin good for Honda, the WORST PU on the grid AGAIN likely

22 February 2018, 12:10  -  thejapantimes:

Honda Aircraft topped list for business jet deliveries in 2017

KYODO

Honda Aircraft Co., the U.S. aviation arm of Honda Motor Co., delivered 43 small business jets in 2017, ranking first worldwide in the category, the automaker said Thursday.

Company has skills, resources, and determination to succeed in broader human endeavor than just single-minded pursuit of cruising fast in loops for two hours.

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Certainly the worse looking car of 2018

MCL33_Website3-725x500.jpg

That's the best McLaren can do?

6 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

absolutely no innovation. Looks like they ran out of ideas...

Then we get this from the media...

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/629415/If_it_looks_fast/

Well, based on voluminous articles over winter on his thoughts, its obvious Mr. Brown was busy worrying about other's people business, and didn't have consequently time to manage his own; so it looks like. It happens sometimes.

On 2/23/2018 at 5:16 PM, BradSpeedMan said:

Certainly the worse looking car of 2018

MCL33_Website3-725x500.jpg

They already lost the first round - design.

Papaya and Blue and just stickers. It is a piece of crap looking car for color blind and some bitter Spaniard

11 minutes ago, radical-one said:

They already lost the first round - design.

Papaya and Blue and just stickers. It is a piece of crap looking car for color blind and some bitter Spaniard

Well even hamilton admitted it is great looking car. Why are you so bitter? Why are you lying?

Peoples taste vary, thus chances are, on sidelines we almost certainly shall encounter two different opinions on beauty, and there is nothing more to it. It's not like we are here testifying under oath, and in process a prosecutor tells you that you are economical with the truth. I have no opinion about (McLaren's) form, but the color of McLaren is unapologetically hideous to my taste. Renault is another one which is making my eyes watery with their paint job. FI - it is not even worth mentioning. Ocon must feel unwell just sitting in it. Some people are esthetically challenged, seems a reasonable conclusion.

4 hours ago, Sakae said:

Peoples taste vary, thus chances are, on sidelines we almost certainly shall encounter two different opinions on beauty, and there is nothing more to it. It's not like we are here testifying under oath, and in process a prosecutor tells you that you are economical with the truth. I have no opinion about (McLaren's) form, but the color of McLaren is unapologetically hideous to my taste. Renault is another one which is making my eyes watery with their paint job. FI - it is not even worth mentioning. Ocon must feel unwell just sitting in it. Some people are esthetically challenged, seems a reasonable conclusion.

Too much papaya color. Just looking at it for more than 2 mins can give you the papaya effect on your stomach - Diarrhea :roll:

27 February 2018, 18:33

Honda's F1 technical director Toyoharu Tanabe said that he was happy to finally get the new car out on track, and to turn the page once and for all on its unhappy spell with McLaren.

Lap count 175 in two days - almost 3 race distances. I am going to refrain myself from predicting future, but so far so good. Rookie drivers were drooling over drivability of the PU. I am not a fan of Honda F1, but I am happy to see their progress, and to add, somewhat late congratulation for getting out from Woking and welcome on the continent!  

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

27 February 2018, 18:33

Lap count 175 in two days - almost 3 race distances. I am going to refrain myself from predicting future, but so far so good. Rookie drivers were drooling over drivability of the PU. I am not a fan of Honda F1, but I am happy to see their progress, and to add, somewhat late congratulation for getting out from Woking and welcome on the continent!  

Nonsense