Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Webber Vs Pedro !!!!

Correct me if I am wrong but, didn't Webber block Pedro twice or a few times violating a driver's agreement or am I imagining?

Can someone shed some light on this?

Yes, it was alot of times that he blocked him, the commentators on my broadcast, and probably on others, said that Webber has a very wide car and it showed alot today

the agreement was to not block under braking in teh braking zone in a corner, so i think he just got away with it. there was one shot where he did feint a little late, but i think he was within the incident. also whether he changed direction twice is debatable, as he could sayhe changed direction and then turned in. it was marhinal but i think he was within his bounds and nothing wrong with what he was doing.

...except when he slingshotted himself into the run-off area when he was on his own...would like to know what happened there as it definitely cost him at least 4th place....quite bizarre as it looked a bit like jv's error under brakes at sepang.

It looked fine to me? i don't know about this moving twice business it didn't look like he moved twice, and all the other times ITV commentators had no issue, nor did the australia ones (like they'd say it unless it was bad though).

One thing though, it was very exciting to watch espicially since my driver was involved, i hope we get some more of this at the other tracks this season.

It was a really good race, better than Bahrain 04 for sure! By a long long way infact!

Are people here seriously suggesting drivers should allow their competition to pass them when championship points are on the line???

I happened to watch the video clips of Webber and Pedro's act. Looks like Webber is another MS in the making when it comes to blocking other drivers from passing. As Senna said it is not GENTLEMANLY....

Monty, racing is not about letting the guy behind through. It's his problem to find a way round you and you are paid to hold position to the best of your ability from the attacking car and to pass any car in front of you (those are the only instructions that matter) :D

I happened to watch the video clips of Webber and Pedro's act. Looks like Webber is another MS in the making when it comes to blocking other drivers from passing. As Senna said it is not GENTLEMANLY....

Oh hevean forbid that even Senna said it was not gentlemanly, and even the great M.S. does EXACTLY that every time he is challengend !! For F)(*&^$^&*( sack this is MOTOR racing guys, IF you have a better /faster car then pass me if not "Eat my DUST"

Webber's drive reminded me of the saying "Whatever it takes", and that's what he did to keep Pedro behind him, I don't see anything wrong with what he did, he moved once the times I saw, there was no weaving around the track like Hill did to Michael in Canada in '98.

Oh hevean forbid that even Senna said it was not gentlemanly, and even the great M.S. does EXACTLY that every time he is challengend !!  For F)(*&^$^&*(  sack this is MOTOR racing guys, IF you have a better /faster car then pass me  if not "Eat my DUST"

Or 'if you are a better/faster driver then pass me'. And that's exactly what Pedro did ...

its the same situation Fernando found himself in Melb when stuck behind JV. If you're behind a driver who knows where to place a slower car, then it's a tough job to pass.

He was almost 3 seconds faster and it took him how many laps to pass? :lol:

But Mclaren's test driver (and not third driver) did pass the desperate Mark Webber! The last time Pedro drove was in 2003. The last time Webber raced was in Malaysia, 2 weeks ago!

I think Pedro deserves some credit from you.

He was almost 3 seconds faster and it took him how many laps to pass? :lol:

This statement is ****ing ridicolous. What does it mean? Pedro showed yesterday more than Sato and Webber in the whole season

Yeah screwing up move after move, thats the kind of driver i want him my team, he didn't learn from his mistake in turn 1 and didn't take him long to re do that one. I think driving wise he did great, but overtaking was a very big worry, even if he hasn't been in 'wheel to wheel combat' for a few years.

well as I see it guys, no matter what format of car racing, including Model car racing, the guy that is behind and is faster, has the benefit and also the responsibility to pass when , and only when , the oportunity arrises to pass. the driver in front has also the right to RESIST any passing manouvere , so as I see it , it is up to the overtaking guy to PASS when it is safe to do so.

I think MW was ok defending his possition Sato. But by reading your post someone may find out that De la Rosa doesn

Yeah screwing up move after move, thats the kind of driver i want him my team, he didn't learn from his mistake in turn 1 and didn't take him long to re do that one. I think driving wise he did great, but overtaking was a very big worry, even if he hasn't been in 'wheel to wheel combat' for a few years.

Are we talking about de la Rosa or Sato here? If its Sato I'd agree with it all except the fact that "he" has ever done great. On Webber's weaving I don't really think he broke any unspoken agreements but he got quite close.

well as I see it guys, no matter what format of car racing, including Model car racing, the guy that is behind and is faster, has the benefit and also the responsibility to pass when , and only when , the oportunity arrises to pass. the driver in front has also the right to RESIST any passing manouvere , so as I see it , it is up to the overtaking guy to PASS when it is safe to do so.

Yes but you're not really supposed to weave all over the track like DH did to MS in Canada as nojvnof1 says. I don't think MW did this time though.

I think MW was ok defending his possition Sato. But by reading your post someone may find out that De la Rosa doesn

Webber is showing race by race how normal (in the negative meaning) he is....he's been slower than NH in quali with a fresher engine,has made another big mistake in the race like he did at Sepang.He has just been luckier than NH right now and that's why he has one point of advantage in the WDC....