Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Webber Vs Pedro !!!!

Monty, racing is not about letting the guy behind through. It's his problem to find  a way round you and you are paid to hold position to the best of your ability from the attacking car and to pass any car in front of you (those are the only instructions that matter) :D

Perhaps I misundestood the drivers agreement then. I was under the impression that they will not get in to the line of passing to block the other driver. If this is right then atleast on one occassion, where webber when he slid of the track, hurled his car back on to the track to block Pedro. They may have clashed and ended up with DNF's.

I certainly don't expect drivers to wave the others to pass them, or not put up a fight then it would be become very boring.

Webber is showing race by race how normal (in the negative meaning) he is....he's been slower than NH in quali with a fresher engine,has made another big mistake in the race like he did at Sepang.He has just been luckier than NH right now and that's why he has one point of advantage in the WDC....

Well, first of all Webber is a PRO, he isn

Yes but you're not really supposed to weave all over the track like DH did to MS in Canada as nojvnof1 says.  I don't think MW did this time though.

:D I remember that. I am correct in thinking that you are referring to 1998? Well, I think you are and yes Michael and Damon both got quite annoyed with each other! Michael said,

Slightly off topic here, but in the starting grid, MS had his front wheels slanted to the left, so that he can block Jarno, and he did close the door on Jarno in the second corner.

You guys think that was OK? was it "gentlemanly"?

Webber is showing race by race how normal (in the negative meaning) he is....he's been slower than NH in quali with a fresher engine,has made another big mistake in the race like he did at Sepang.He has just been luckier than NH right now and that's why he has one point of advantage in the WDC....

webber has out-qualifeid heidfeld twice. heidfeld also made a sloppy error to let ralf through at bahrian.....

how has webber been lucky?? please bear in mind the fact that fisi took him out of a podium finish at sepang, which handed that podium to heidfeld. so who is lucky? webber or heidfeld? :rolleyes:

so the incident at malaysia wuith fisi was webber's fault? is that what you are saying?

so the incident at malaysia wuith fisi was webber's fault?  is that what you are saying?

Oh Come on dear Taku... there was a complete post about that subject!

I think that the mistake can be called "wish to be better than the other"...thats it, racing incident...over.

Oh Come on dear Taku... there was a complete post about that subject!

I think that the mistake can be called "wish to be better than the other"...thats it, racing incident...over.

with all due respect, 'dear' e-cap, my question wasn't directed at you...

You have a nasty habbit of avoiding any questions, in which you canswering will not benefit your opinion, Senna. :rolleyes:

just on the DH/M$ incident in '98, I totally agree with what Damon said, but Damon did cross the track three times!!!!! He was all over the place.

so the incident at malaysia wuith fisi was webber's fault?  is that what you are saying?

I know the question is not directed to me but if there was someone to blame (i think it was a race incident) that one is GF.

Kaciaj, to quantify your claims, here are the facts. In Quali #1 webber had a dirty track to cope with as he was 4th out for the day, Heidfeld was some 12 cars later , and with more rubber down and a clean track he only managed 0.2sec better lap, in Q2 webber made up over 0.15 secs of the margin he gave to Heidfeld in Q1 on a track that was on equal condition for both drivers as they were much closer in coming onto the track for q2. so he hardly outshone webber in qualifying at bahrain, and Heidfeld was comprehensivley beaten in both Melb and Malayasia if I remember correctly.

In relation to the PDR overtaking it was obvious that Pedro was in a far superior car as webber's tyres were square after his spin and the revs were turned down on his engine to keep it cooler. I think webbo did a great job to keep him behind for 8 laps that he did. It was only a matter of time before he was overtaken and the fact that he fell back so quickly after DLR overtook him showed that he had to turn the engine right down to cruise to the end.

In all fairness the spin was Marks fault to my understanding.

But still Mark has more points, after being taken out while on for third in malaysia, Hiedfeld ofcourse was unlcky with his engine in bahrain and michael in melbourne (would only of got 1 point in melb) so if you factor those in i'd still put Webber ahead, by not by alot. Heidfeld is doing a very good job so far, and i hope he keeps it up!

For those down in Oz, you guys notice when Mark spun, how quick Neil Crompton was with his list of excuses. Maybe it was the tires, maybe the brakes, maybe a dirty circuit...maybe it was Mark!!!! I just found it hilarious that everything else was to blame for the spin except for the man behind the steering wheel. :lol:

Yeah, well they do have a tendency to be bias on occasions, but it looked pretty clear to me it was Marks fault, and he hasn't said anything, so im assuming it was.

I was pretty sure it was his fault, but I just couldn't help but laugh at the commentary (Australian, not ITV) of the spin by Neil, they were scraping the bottom of the barrel looking for excuses, any other driver and they'd be lambasted :lol:

Aussies are always super-biased when it comes to sport!! I used to work with an aussie and he's no different. After the race Webber just said 'I had a spin', he didnt say it was the car, so that confirms it for me, was his own fault. Only Villeneuve has managed the same thing this year

he admitted it was his fault afterwards and said he thinks he might have put the right rear off the track. he also didn't want to hit the brakes to try and avoid excessive flat-spotting. i think that was the only positive you could take out of that episode! that first podium is proving very elusive for webber...

I don't really know why every Webber-related topic always causes so many answers and posts...probably is because the most part of the forum members are australian..however to clarify it once and hence:Webber is a threat for no one at the moment as he always have been in the past seasons and all those talkings about him are nonsense...Many of you criticized Button fans,but they are not talking so much of Button atm cause he is nowhere,why should we talk every second about Webber?!?!? <_<<_<<_<