Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Wurz To Race In Imola For Injured Jpm

I know you're in here Senna...

One of my enduring qualities is my omnipresence Murray. Add to that omnipotence, omniscience and a few other perfections and it makes for quite a package

I have often wondered, do these forums exist when no one is reading them? What reason do we actually have for believing that they do? Perhaps you have answered my question: there is always at least one person in here.

im usually around!

On The supject im actually quite gutted that ped aint racing again, although its only faor, and im sure Wurz will do ok!

He (Wurz) knows that car almost as well as PDLR, so I think he can do well. I'm expecting a 5th from him at least.

one of the reasons pedro did well in bahrain was becoz he knows the car more than any of macs driver. murz has covered much more less distance compared to pedro.

Regarding Pedro, I would have liked him to have been given the opportunity to race at Imola to prove that Bahrain wasn

You could argue that PDR did fantastically well considering his long absence from racing (this is a moderate exageration IMO) but to say he did fantastically well, especially since his long absence, is to grossly exagerate his performance. Outqualifying KR was impressive but his racing was not. He threw caution to the wind making numerous errors and was lucky to finish the race at all. Had he not been so lucky, he would look like a fool at the moment. This obviously did not impress the team as it did not earn him a second race. I look for Wurz to put in a more controlled, sensible race, as he should.

When talking about Pedro

Team orders are illegal of course and most reports, and indeed my observations of the start, were that PDR got away poorly and lost several places in the first few corners, including one to KR. At the end of the first lap KR was ahead. No disrespect but, do you have a source for this information?

Even if PDR let Kimi through, which is in question at the moment, PDR was wild and that does not do in F1. The many times where he went off cost him time and position, probably much more than he would have lost by being more conservative. Chalk this up to a lack of racecraft or experience but in either case you have to count it against him. I do think that his setting the fastest lap and outqualifying Kimi was very impressive but I don't buy that some contractual obligation caused Wurz to be selected for Imola. McLaren probably wanted to test Wurz out as well, if anything.

It's a bit of both - they are contructually obligated to use Wurz & they have an opportunity of gauging their test drivers in race condition while JPM recovers ;)

It's a bit of both - they are contructually obligated to use Wurz & they have an opportunity of gauging their test drivers in race  condition while JPM recovers ;)

If they were contractually obligated then it would not be a bit of both at all; it would be entirely down to the contract. I don't buy this explanation though as I don't expect McLaren would let a contract with a test driver get in the way of their interests with respect to the championship. In other words, if McLaren thought PDR was a better driver for Imola than Wurz, they would put in PDR. The opposite wouuld be true as well.

Interesting this theory about Dela Rosa overdoing it, I remember now an inside view of the cokpit of Dela R during the race where he was obviously driving a bit madly, but the fact is he got away with it.

Interesting this theory about Dela Rosa overdoing it, I remember now an inside view of the cokpit of Dela R during the race where he was obviously driving a bit madly, but the fact is he got away with it.

Pedro out qualified Kimi by 0.2 sec despite being the first man out and then he recorded the fastest race lap after several entertaining overtaking manoeuvres, admittedly some weren

Pedro out qualified Kimi by 0.2 sec despite being the first man out and then he recorded the fastest race lap after several entertaining overtaking manoeuvres, admittedly some weren

Kiko, I am still waiting for a source on your claim that PDR was ordered to move over for Kimi on the first lap. It seems very unlikely to me...

Kiko, I am still waiting for a source on your claim that PDR was ordered to move over for Kimi on the first lap. It seems very unlikely to me...

Hi Bajo!!!!

Sorry, but i haven

Despite his entertaining drive, which I'm sure Brundle as a TV commentator appreciated, he was properly criticized elsewhere...

I admit Pedro made several embarrassing errors and would have been punished at other circuits but apart from Alonso, who drove another almost perfect race, I cannot think of anyone else who is worthy of being considered

Yes De La Rosa was really impressive last race,but don't forget we've seen him in action as full time race driver for Arrows and Jaguar from 1999 to 2002 and,although he showed to be a good average driver,he never really impressed and in his last season with Jag he caught no points at all. Probably the fact he was waiting for a race chance for so many time, and the fact that this chance was coming with such a good car like McLaren had brought his motivation at the stars and that made him take the very best out of himself (and this might have been seen by the way he was overdriving sometimes).

Regarding Alex Wurz I still don't realize why he's not racing fulltime anymore,cause he's quicker than DeLaRosa.Probably a bad management is the best explanation When he started with Benetton in 1997/98 he was very surprising,the he had two struggling seasons in 99/2000 but I (and probably everybody else) didn't think he should have walked away from F.1,being still young.In fact he did it and started to be a McLaren test driver in the hope of gettin back in the limelight...and of course he did as teams like Toyota and Jaguar offered him a race seat many times...but, as I've said, thanks to a bad management,he wasn't able to get out of his testing contract with McLaren at the right time, and,when he was, he simply refused what he shouldn't have refused....I wish him well for the race although I think that,at 31,and with a certain CK rising as the new austrian star,he won't find easily another chance to get back to racing in F.1.

It actually does make sense for PDR to have pulled over for Kimi. In this case we will give him the benfit of the doubt, making his drive a bit more impressive. Do you know which turn he did this though - I wouuld like to check it out?

I obviously don't know how Wurz suddenly fit in the car but I can guess that he was probably close before and it was just a matter of rearranging some pieces. More than could be done quickly but not enough that it could not be done at all. In any case, I think Wurz would be the first pick all things being equal.

Well we will see how Wurz goes at Imola. Of course that will not be conclusive as one drive in different circumstances is not enough to define a driver

Well we will see how Wurz goes at Imola.  Of course that will not be conclusive as one drive in different circumstances is not enough to define a driver

Wilson was not impressive at all in his F.1 debut season...he was often outpaced by nearly half a second by Verstappen who had been out of racing for 1 year and when he went to Jaguar he was slower than what Pizzonia had been previously.Yes he did impressive starts with Minardi in the first races,thanks to a low fueled car and caught a lucky point at Indy,but he never seemed to be that good,the only up being a friday session at Hockenheim when he finished 7th with Jaguar,3 places behind Webber

I thought he did pretty well in F1 but he is certainly doing well in CCWS given his equipment.