Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kaciaj

"jenson Will Land In Our Lap" Says Williams

Yeh, traffic and tourists! The Olympics are a nuisance and I petitioned against my cities bid. Not merely because they are a pain for uninterested locals and taxpayers but the IOC is a currupt and scandalous organization. Winning the Olympics is an exercise in bribery and manipulation... Not something I would like my city's reputation to be tainted by.

bollocks! speaking from my experience the olympics are the best thing that can happen to a city. when we held them it was party central and one of the most memorable periods of my life was during those weeks. unbelieveable experience meeting athletes and toursist from all over the world and teh vibe was second to none. you'll love it london! [it could even be an opportunity to shed the image of the soccer hooligan :P ]

back on t/ it appears that button will be going to williams full stop. i'd like to think that jenson has a say in the matter but it's obvious he would rather be at williams than bar anyway.

It would still be a race, though. You both say you never miss a race, but you didn't watch it, so you do.

I never miss a race worth watching! I can quite happily live with missing certain races, i.e the Hungary GP, and i missed the spanish one this year and i wasnt bothered!

bollocks!  speaking from my experience the olympics are the best thing that can happen to a city.  when we held them it was party central and one of the most memorable periods of my life was during those weeks.  unbelieveable experience meeting athletes and toursist from all over the world and teh vibe was second to none.  you'll love it london!  [it could even be an opportunity to shed the image of the soccer hooligan  :P ]

back on t/ it appears that button will be going to williams full stop.  i'd like to think that jenson has a say in the matter but it's obvious he would rather be at williams than bar anyway.

:huh:

bollocks!  speaking from my experience the olympics are the best thing that can happen to a city.  when we held them it was party central and one of the most memorable periods of my life was during those weeks.  unbelieveable experience meeting athletes and toursist from all over the world and teh vibe was second to none.  you'll love it london!  [it could even be an opportunity to shed the image of the soccer hooligan  :P ]

back on t/ it appears that button will be going to williams full stop.  i'd like to think that jenson has a say in the matter but it's obvious he would rather be at williams than bar anyway.

The most recent Canadian summer Olympics, Montreal 1976, were a complete disaster. Costs spiralled to four times their original estimate, and to this day the Province is still paying off the debt it incurred to finance the games. In fact, Quebec residents will not finish paying for the Games until 2006, by which stage the main stadium, known locally as

bollocks!  speaking from my experience the olympics are the best thing that can happen to a city. 
Sarajevo?  :lol:

fyi i never went to the sarajevo games!

The most recent Canadian summer Olympics, Montreal 1976, were a complete disaster. Costs spiralled to four times their original estimate, and to this day the Province is still paying off the debt it incurred to finance the games. In fact, Quebec residents will not finish paying for the Games until 2006, by which stage the main stadium, known locally as

Who cares...

We in London are looking forward to hosting the Olympics and its going to create a lot of regeneration for parts of the capital.

Exactly. bajo, bog off with your anti-olympic views. It may cos a lot of monmey for us, but it will bring money into an extremely deprived area of london and will be a big boost for the country as a whole!

Exactly. bajo, bog off with your anti-olympic views. It may cos a lot of monmey for us, but it will bring money into an extremely deprived area of london and will be a big boost for the country as a whole!

I wish you good luck in your games. The funds required to put on the games now is staggering. It is great for London, but I suggest it is not so good for the rest of the country. The Host city winds up with everything and the rest of the country ends up paying the bills. So your perspective on the games, depends on where you live.

Londoners, I am sure, think it is wonderful. They are getting Billions injected into the local economy. The sobering thought is that those billions have to come from somewhere.

It is an old debate that that will go on indefinately. Both sides have arguments with merit, but the time for debate is over. The games have been awarded, and since you are commited to spending the dollars now, you might as well have a good time doing it.!!!!!!!!

Congratulations.

To get back on topic. JB will be racing at Williams in 2006, without doubt.

"If you want to know how to hold the Olymics the copy Sydney."

well alot of the team behind the scenes of the Sydney Games were recruited by London. They are modelling the Athlete's Village on Sydneys.

Anyways, back on topic, JB to Williams is most probably all done and dusted going on this.

It may cos a lot of monmey for us, but it will bring money into an extremely deprived area of london

There is no uncertainty Ben, it will cost an awful lot of money. Money that is probably better spent elsewhere, eg on afordable housing which I understand is a huge problem in London.

and will be a big boost for the country as a whole!

If you mean economically, this is usually not the case.

There is no uncertainty Ben, it will cost an awful lot of money.  Money that is probably better spent elsewhere, eg on afordable housing which I understand is a huge problem in London. 

The Barcelona Olympic Games were a huge lift for the city, impressive venues, good investment, transportation, etc (then again, they were arguably the best olympic games).

The Barcelona Olympic Games were a huge lift for the city, impressive venues, good investment, transportation, etc (then again, they were arguably the best olympic games).

i understand you said "arguably", but ask juan antonio samaranch, he himself sydney were the best. although he couldn't include athens, everyone knows they were a joke.

i thought athens was kool, i barely wached the sydney games, but i watched everything possible with athens, i dont no why

i thought athens was kool, i barely wached the sydney games, but i watched everything possible with athens, i dont no why

Time difference perhaps? I find it very difficult to watch live events from USA. I thought the Athens' opening ceremony was better than Sydney's, but in terms of atmosphere and management, Sydney wins by a mile.

There is no uncertainty Ben, it will cost an awful lot of money.  Money that is probably better spent elsewhere, eg on afordable housing which I understand is a huge problem in London. 

Mate, London needs those games to bring the money into that area as it is deprived, and to be honest it aint really better spent elsewhere, the NHS etc get more than enough money, money isnt everything, you can have lots of money but use it in completely the wrong way! anyway London may be very expensive to live in (centre of london that is) but try living where i am, a small 3 bedroom bungalow with a tiny garden costs over