Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sevag00

FIFA World Cup 2006

your going for germany coz, we thrashed the aussies, and will thrash germans
How the heck does a dodgy penalty in the 95th minute equate to a thrashing??? If you were soooo damn good you'd have given us 3 goals when you had 11 men as you did to the Ukraine.
France have been rubbish all tournament, they along with portugal have been VERY lucky!

Portugal haven't been lucky. They beat the Dutch and your boys fairly. If anyone was lucky to get as far as they did, it was England, playing such dull and unimaginative football. As for France, granted that they were far from good in the group stage, they smashed Spain and had the measure of Brazil quite easily.

also just read that Beckham has retired as English captain things are just getting better by the minute

Don't know how he was made captain in the first place really. I hope John Terry or Steven Gerrard gets the job.

Red was really harsh for Rooney... I hope those Dirty/Diving Porras get sent home in the semi's!!! Even as A Man United fan I think that scumbag Ronaldo needs his ars kicked! I really hope Real Madrid sign him.

Heres what Gerrard had to say...

Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard has hit out at Cristiano Ronaldo for getting Wayne Rooney sent off yesterday.

Ronaldo ran to referee Horatio Elizondo to protest after seeing Rooney clash with Ricardo Carvalho. The England striker then pushed Ronaldo and the referee sent him off. Ronaldo was then seen winking and smirking to his team-mates after Rooney had been shown the red card.

Gerrard said: "I saw that, and if it was one of my team-mates I'd be absolutely disgusted in him because there's no need for that. I've seen Ronaldo going over giving the card and I think he's bang out of order.

"I think that sums him up as a person. If I was playing against my team-mates from Liverpool and they were involved in a situation like that, I'd never try and get them sent off."

Refusing to criticise Rooney, Gerrard added: "He had four or five Portuguese men all over him and I walked away thinking we were going to get a free-kick.

"Wayne Rooney won't get any blame from me because I love him and he's done so much for this team. He's going to do so much in the future."

I presume your Italian. You have a funny definition of thrash. We kept you scoreless for 92 minutes and eventally you won 1- 0. Its hardly a convincing win.

and you didn't scored a single goal, or the ball didn't touch the post for 92min

I think Wayne Rooney looks like a child, acts like a child and England played better after he was sent off.

I seriously feel bad for England, they have such a good team but a Sh#t coach and goalkeeper+rooney. And they remind me of Mclaren. Talk big but never deliver.

I'm surprised by so many anti-English sentiment!!!

My opinion is that England played very well and looked like scoring, had a lot of near misses. Rooney didn't deserve a red but with 10 men England really put on a great display and still looked more likely to score than portugal. Have no idea why people are saying our keeper Robinson is bad, he's been excellent and his only mistake was 1 of the sweden goals. The penalty shootout wasnt his fault, its more of a gamble really and the 2 best players on the pitch Gerrard and Lampard couldnt score.

I predict Germany to win. Its surprising what a crap team can do when they're the home nation and play well together

My opinion is that England played very well and looked like scoring, had a lot of near misses. Rooney didn't deserve a red but with 10 men England really put on a great display and still looked more likely to score than portugal. Have no idea why people are saying our keeper Robinson is bad, he's been excellent and his only mistake was 1 of the sweden goals. The penalty shootout wasnt his fault, its more of a gamble really and the 2 best players on the pitch Gerrard and Lampard couldnt score.

I predict Germany to win. Its surprising what a crap team can do when they're the home nation and play well together

Robinson was crap unfortunaly for england, but fortunaly his mistakes did not lead into goals into English nets really. He hesitated and/or froze way too many times imo.

Indeed Robinson just stays glued to the goal line, he never comes out or nothing, he doesnt take risks and sometimes playing safe does the opposite. The only reason we didnt have many goals scored against us (2 in the whole tournament!) was because our defence, specifically Terry are excellent!

Ive always like David Beckham and he is a top player, he also brings the team together and is hugely supportive, but I think it was his own high standards that led to him quitting.

I would like to see Gerrard or Terry as captain!

I agree with everything you just said!

Indeed Robinson just stays glued to the goal line, he never comes out or nothing, he doesnt take risks and sometimes playing safe does the opposite.

Not sure how much you know about David James but it sounds like you want to put him in goal and cause england to condede a lot more goals

Not sure how much you know about David James but it sounds like you want to put him in goal and cause england to condede a lot more goals

I think excellent goalkeeper is what England is missing most.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!!!!!!!! GROSSO, what a goal. ITALY IS HEADING FOR THE FINAL IN BERLIN.

and you didn't scored a single goal, or the ball didn't touch the post for 92min

So. You still won in the last 6 seconds of the game. I think you would have a hard time finding anyone of this forum who believes Italy thrashed Australia.

They did thrash Germany though, what an utterly amazing game.

Cannavaro is a one man wall, and you cannot give too much credit to Pirlo, the architect of most Italian attacks. Some great if very un-Italian tactics from Lippi. If Italy play like this against France, they don't have the quality to match Italy, especially if Neta comes back. Great match for Groso too, Iaquinta and Zambrotta.

Absolutely wonderful game to watch, much needed in what has been a dull knockout stage :D:D:D

So. You still won in the last 6 seconds of the game. I think you would have a hard time finding anyone of this forum who believes Italy thrashed Australia.

I would say there were five or so thrashing this tournament and italy did not thrash Australia, but it did win it however.

Speaking of Italy i like most Cannavaro game, he is best defender in this tournament seems by far. Also Buffon has kept his level just fine. Only one goal and even that from own teammate. If Nesta can play and at full capacity it will be really hard to break it.

Speaking of today game i actually hope that Portugal wins...sure they tend to be "theatrical" at times, but they also are rather good in football and i am starting to like their coach really. That is one area that Portugal (and Italy) are miles ahead from France i think. Otherwise they all got so called "star" players, and France probably more than Portugal.

EDIT: Italy did not thrash Germany either, you do not call thrashing someone a game that stays 0:0 for nearly 120 minutes and ends with 2:0 :P

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!!!!!!!! GROSSO, what a goal. ITALY IS HEADING FOR THE FINAL IN BERLIN.

Happy happy happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thbup: man, i won some big money with the last few games too!

I would say there were five or so thrashing this tournament and italy did not thrash Australia, but it did win it however....

EDIT: Italy did not thrash Germany either, you do not call thrashing someone a game that stays 0:0 for nearly 120 minutes and ends with 2:0

exactly!, the way the game opened up in the last 15 minutes, anyone of them could have taken the game. It was rather surprising that Germany did just that because they're the masters of taking penalties and could have just continued playing their defensive game. But all credit to them for open play, the coach deserves a special mention, he's going to take that team to new heights.

By the way, did you guys notice that Italy have the players to switch to any game strategies, wether it's attacking, defensive or midfield gameplay.....Brilliant stuff

lovely......

That, imo is the game of the tournament so far! I thought it was EXCELLENT. Italy played absolutely amazingly, the speed and fitness was incredible and they kept it up for 2 whole hours! Well done Italy, fully deserved. However creit where credit is due, Germany played superbly too but it just wasn't enough unfortunantly It would have been a terrible shame to see the match go to Penalties so thankgoodness Italy scored. Italy may not have shone so far but after last night it proves they really are an awesome team when it counts!

i am not usually the biggest fan of football but even i have to admit - WOW what a match!!!!!!!

fair play to Italy (i was cheering them) they really kept at it for the whole game & even in extra time - it was so obvious they didnt want it to go to penalties & i for one am glad that it didnt!!! and they were 2 great goals that they scored - ITALIA! ITALIA!

Though i do think Germany played very well too, they just didnt seem to have the adaptability that the Italians had.

Italy v France for final - should be a cracker

What did i say right after their first match... Italy will be in the final and looks like I am correct. Unfortunantly i also predicted England will be the ones facing them in the final, I was wrong however and I wouold gues sit will be France whom I said would be lucky to even get through the group stage!

...I was wrong however and I wouold gues sit will be France whom I said would be lucky to even get through the group stage!

Yes, but they peaked at the right time J_R, and the way they play now will be the envy of any other country....

It annoys me that a team of has-beens and no-hopers like France somehow play well and get to the semis!!! And our england team full of world class talent cant even beat sweden!

what the hell's going on with zidane, he's been playing like a leper all year and now suddenly he's found his old form. Bloody french I dont care who wins the cup as long as its not them. The french are arrogant enough already

I dont care who wins the cup as long as its not them. The french are arrogant enough already

I dont care who wins the world cup as long as it isnt the diving b#####ds also known as Italians dont win it.

I dont care who wins the world cup as long as it isnt the diving b#####ds also known as Italians dont win it.

Well, Grosso did not dive...he was either tripped by aussie or failed to go over him (depending on side you take i guess, your case i bet failed one).

You can now shut up, you gotta take this in consideration, Italy scores a goal in the last minutes like Germany's game. Noone can ever open his mouth and talk, coz we beat the host of the world cup, this means that now we can beat anyone.