Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

A Driver A Day - Keeps The Boredom Away

Yet people places him above Sato. Our western civilization bias I guess. If the guy was named Toshiro Mifune (sorry, first japanese name that came to mind :lol: ) we wouldn't rate him above Sato!

Kamikazu. :naughty: (kami meaning divine, kazu meaning first son)

BTW Yamamoto means the base of a mountain.

Yet people places him above Sato. Our western civilization bias I guess. If the guy was named Toshiro Mifune (sorry, first japanese name that came to mind :lol: ) we wouldn't rate him above Sato!

Great actor, Toshiro

Great actor, Toshiro

Yes, and Midway is one of my favorite war films!

Edit: Oops, I forgot to mention his appearance in "Grand Prix" as well :D

Well with being small comes being light, surely it'll give them more flexibility with ballast? So in a way, small is good.

Yes, exactly, and more flexibility in designing the car itself, since both drivers are small. Also on average the shorter you are the faster reactions you should have. Small is definitely good in F1, apart from looking silly in pics!

And oh, on topic, I don't rate Ant that high - he has a poor record in the races. Sato certainly has a chance, especially if he's the favoured son in the team.

i would expect sato, with his years of racing experience, to beat Ant overall. Davidson has shown that he can be quick on fridays but i dont think that really means much

Anthony Davidson's best result to date is 15th.

His best result? He hasn't finished a race, so he has no result :mellow:

Bald is good too. Less hair=less weight and less aero resistance :naughty:

RUN KAY!! He's after you NEXT!!!

Kamikazu. :naughty: (kami meaning divine, kazu meaning first son)

BTW Yamamoto means the base of a mountain.

"Base of the mountain" showed promise.....he should have been given another shot.

Great actor, Toshiro

:thbup: I loved him as Toranaga in the Shogun miniseries. And who can argue with Kurosawa when he used Mifune in so many films....apparently the great director loved his style as well!!

With that done, I actually don't have much to say today's driver. Ant seems like he's focused and hungry, but too many seasons testing may have made him a bit complacent. From what I can see, he's a bit like Button; smooth understeer, though not as smooth as Button. I'll likely revise this throughout the season.

His best result? He hasn't finished a race, so he has no result :mellow:

Still counts as a result, you get placed whether you finish or not, hence why in one lap qualifying the first retirement went out first - because he was placed last. ;)

If your not classified it's not a result.... :unsure:

I would take issue with the statement below your avatar 'The Forum Fool'......that is clearly my position, so go find one more fitting you!! ;)

Mines take care of that. :naughty:

:lol:

i would expect sato, with his years of racing experience, to beat Ant overall. Davidson has shown that he can be quick on fridays but i dont think that really means much

Indeed, agreed we will have to wait and see if Ant finally lives up to the hype.

I put it there first... So it's official :P

You are so going to regret saying that. Bow down to your master oh Buttonite. ^_^

Driver 3: Adrian Sutil

Height: 183cm

Weight: 75kg

Teammate: Christijan Albers

Races : 0

Victories : 0

Podiums : 0

Pole positions : 0

Fastest Laps : 0

Races finished in points : 0

This will Sutil's first year in a Formula One race seat, however he is not a stranger to F1. Last year he took part in a few Friday practice sessions for MF1 Toyota. Along with his testing role he took part in the F3 Japanese series and went on to win the title. This year he teams up with Albers to make the Spyker F1 Team's driver line up. Will he live up to expectations? How many people actually care?

Driver 3: Adrian Sutil

Height: 183cm

Weight: 75kg

Teammate: Christijan Albers

Races : 0

Victories : 0

Podiums : 0

Pole positions : 0

Fastest Laps : 0

Races finished in points : 0

This will Sutil's first year in a Formula One race seat, however he is not a stranger to F1. Last year he took part in a few Friday practice sessions for MF1 Toyota. Along with his testing role he took part in the F3 Japanese series and went on to win the title. This year he teams up with Albers to make the Spyker F1 Team's driver line up. Will he live up to expectations? How many people actually care?

Including Sutil and Albers? None.

Who?

Don't know this kid, he drives a Spyker :bag:

My thoughts on Adrian Sutil:

1) Will have a solid first year.

2) Needs to be giving Albers and really hard time by the end of the year to be considered future star.

3) A much more exciting prospect than Tiago Monterio.

Next................................