Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

A Driver A Day - Keeps The Boredom Away

My first impressions of Scott Speed is that he stinks, but as I have said previously, everyone (well almost everyone) deserves a second chance, so he'll start this season with a clean slate*.

I'll have to get Liuzzi's up early due to my travelling though.

*Should he mess up, all previous incidents will reappear in my mind.

I'll admit he isn't top-drawer, but 'stinks' is too harsh. He finished the season very close to Liuzzi who, at the very least, was in his second season of F1 (albeit not a full season). That's not bad for a rookie. Compare Webber and Nico; Nico was much farther from Webber than Speed was to Liuzzi.

I'll admit he isn't top-drawer, but 'stinks' is too harsh. He finished the season very close to Liuzzi who, at the very least, was in his second season of F1 (albeit not a full season). That's not bad for a rookie. Compare Webber and Nico; Nico was much farther from Webber than Speed was to Liuzzi.

I meant stinks as his attitude. ;) As I said in the summary under the profile he was on Liuzzi's pace for 'many' races.

I meant stinks as his attitude. ;) As I said in the summary under the profile he was on Liuzzi's pace for 'many' races.

Ah, so you did! I agree that his attitude is horrid. Little twerp needs to be kicked a few times. And the next time he flashes the 'playa' hand-sign after a SpeedTV interview, he should have those fingers broken. Punk.

yea, i have followed Sutile since he arrived for Friday testing. the few times he was out there he did good. He was also Hami's team mate in GP2 and runner up to Hami, so that looks good. I have respect for him for joining Spyker

What on EARTH are you talking about?! Christ, no wonder you like hamilton, you paid NO ATTENTION during GP2!! IT was Premat you twonk!

Scott Speed, when i thought of him i thought it was God's way of giving a NK supporters payback time at least to all the Speed supporters. But i won't want on about how he someone else should get a chance.... but wish himm best of luck and lets see if in this season he can do anything extraordinary to get a few non national supporters.

Scott Speed, when i thought of him i thought it was God's way of giving a NK supporters payback time at least to all the Speed supporters. But i won't want on about how he someone else should get a chance.... but wish himm best of luck and lets see if in this season he can do anything extraordinary to get a few non national supporters.

A very delicate way to put a very strong point! Good post AJ! :clap3:

Driver 6: Vitantonio Liuzzi

Height: 168cm

Weight: 65kg

Teammate: Scott Speed

Races : 22

Victories : 0

Podiums : 0

Pole positions : 0

Fastest Laps : 0

Races finished in points : 2

Liuzzi made his debut in Formula One back in 2005 at Imola, replacing Klien for four races and scoring a point in his first race, however Klien went back to fill his seat in Montreal. 2007 will be his second year, not only driving for Toro Rosso, but driving alongside Scott Speed. Alike to his teammate, mistakes are common; normally in the form of a spin, and in 2006 he matched Scott Speed on pace. Liuzzi was confirmed several weeks before Speed, which begs the question, why do they hold Liuzzi in better regard? Must be his attitude.

I feel nothing but apathy for Liuzzi. I'm still waiting for him to do something, good or bad, that sways me one way or the other.

yeah same here. its hard to notice him when he's trailing around in 12th, and I very much doubt its going to get any better this season.

Shame cos i really want to see what he's capable of in a decent car, ever since he wiped the floor with his F3000 competition a few years ago

Ahhh...finally we reach the top drivers! ;)

Won't comment too much on him. Jokes aside, I think he is a rather competent driver (hard to say if he would be a top driver without seeing him race in a top car). He works hard and complaints little. He makes rookie mistakes but you can also see him trying to correct them rather than blaming histerically on the car, the team or his fellow drivers. That may make him look uninsteresting compared with the rest of the field and guys like him rarely make it to the top teams, but at least they keep their dignity. Anyways, I wish him the best! Seeing him scoring at least one point would be good!

Won't comment too much on him. Jokes aside, I think he is a rather competent driver (hard to say if he would be a top driver without seeing him race in a top car). He works hard and complaints little. He makes rookie mistakes but you can also see him trying to correct them rather than blaming histerically on the car, the team or his fellow drivers. That may make him look uninsteresting compared with the rest of the field and guys like him rarely make it to the top teams, but at least they keep their dignity. Anyways, I wish him the best! Seeing him scoring at least one point would be good!

Agreed. I like drivers who dont blame the car for mistakes or poor results as it shows character. You dont hear Liuzzi complaining dispite the fact he is in a slow car compared to drivers like Raikkonen, Alonso and Button who seem to be always complaining about one thing or another.

You have to be good to complain, he's not great he's just greatrful he has a ride. It's up to the car for both of the Torro Rosso drivers.............

You have to be good to complain, he's not great he's just greatrful he has a ride. It's up to the car for both of the Torro Rosso drivers.............

Some less deserving drivers weren't as grateful given the same circumstances. Today VL pulled the 8th fastest time, even though the STR still looks like crap despite the Ferrari engine and the "borrowed" chasis. If this was Ralf in his TOYota, there would be lots of praise from the media.

His name sounds like a sausage I'd buy at the market*ducks and ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuns*

Shush little boy, you know what i mean :rolleyes:

I'd watch the term 'little' if I were you....I read Ctrl300's post on.....size.....and statistically that may apply to you.

I'd watch the term 'little' if I were you....I read Ctrl300's post on.....size.....and statistically that may apply to you.
:eusa_think::roll: ....or as Freddie Blassie would say."you pencil neck geek" :lol: (he wasn't talking about necks)

A very delicate way to put a very strong point! Good post AJ! :clap3:

Thanks.

Luizzi seems to have good talent and i expect him to beat speed in points this year.

Driver 6: Vitantonio Liuzzi

Height: 168cm

Weight: 65kg

Teammate: Scott Speed

Races : 22

Victories : 0

Podiums : 0

Pole positions : 0

Fastest Laps : 0

Races finished in points : 2

Liuzzi made his debut in Formula One back in 2005 at Imola, replacing Klien for four races and scoring a point in his first race, however Klien went back to fill his seat in Montreal. 2007 will be his second year, not only driving for Toro Rosso, but driving alongside Scott Speed. Alike to his teammate, mistakes are common; normally in the form of a spin, and in 2006 he matched Scott Speed on pace. Liuzzi was confirmed several weeks before Speed, which begs the question, why do they hold Liuzzi in better regard? Must be his attitude.

Katy, i thinka your facts my be incorrect, accourding to that Liuzzi is 168cm and Speed is 177cm, thats almost 10cm's of difference

now look at this photo....

teamredbullkq0.jpg

to me liuzzi looks almost as tall as webbo???