Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

A Driver A Day - Keeps The Boredom Away

I liked Sutil on Fridays; he seemed fast and tidy.....all controlled oversteer (something Sato has yet to achieve). He'll be fast, perhaps faster than Albers, and besides, Hamilton rates him so I will take the boy-god's word for it that he's fast.

Mark me, he will impress this year.

yea, i have followed Sutile since he arrived for Friday testing. the few times he was out there he did good. He was also Hami's team mate in GP2 and runner up to Hami, so that looks good. I have respect for him for joining Spyker

Driver 4: Christijan Albers

Height: 176cm

Weight: 68kg

Teammate: Adrian Sutil

Races : 37

Victories : 0

Podiums : 0

Pole positions : 0

Fastest Laps : 0

Races finished in points : 1

Christijan Albers partners the rookie, Adrian Sutil this year in his second year for the team, but it is now under the ownership of Spyker with a Ferrari engine to gloat. Albers is well known for not liking his team mates, and last year had a spat with former team mate Robert Doornbos, after a rumour that he'd (Doornbos) replace Klien early season, which is believed to have orginated from within the Albers camp. In the paddock they had a heated exchange of some choice words, but it was broken up before any chance of a fight. On the track, Albers is known for taking a lot of risks and sometimes can get a bit too close. Nonetheless, after a debut season for Minardi in 2005, he has done a good job to stay in the sport. His best result to date is 5th place, which he picked up at the Bridgestone only USA GP of 2005. He is yet to score since then.

Another non player on a mystery team, will be interesting to see what they do with Ferrari power. Don't expect any points this season again...............

Well during races this year (not Oz before I'll be away for it) I may focus the live timings on one of the 'lesser' teams driver pairing and see how they compare. :eusa_think:

Albers has a personality though, shame we don't see more of it...

Well during races this year (not Oz before I'll be away for it) I may focus the live timings on one of the 'lesser' teams driver pairing and see how they compare. :eusa_think:

Albers has a personality though, shame we don't see more of it...

He spends too much time whinning about his teammate's wrong doings. He did the same with Monteiro (even though I recon that is easy to do). Don't like him at all.

He spends too much time whinning about his teammate's wrong doings. He did the same with Monteiro (even though I recon that is easy to do). Don't like him at all.

Neither do I, but it gives us something to talk about in the off season... just imagine a line up of 22 drivers who swallowed the PR dictionary --> :mellow: .

Neither do I, but it gives us something to talk about in the off season... just imagine a line up of 22 drivers who swallowed the PR dictionary --> :mellow: .

I hate that too. Yet, Albers lacks the charisma to make his whinning interesting. I orefer JV's approach.

I hate that too. Yet, Albers lacks the charisma to make his whinning interesting. I orefer JV's approach.

Or is just that we don't hear / see Albers enough to build a suitable image of him 'whining'? :unsure: I don't like the way he's quick to blame others but not himself, the key to being a good moaner is being able to moan about yourself. Then your moaning sounds less whinny, to me, at least.

I like the driver a day concept, but shouldn't we be doing a handful of the no names first and then spend more time fighting over the relevant ones? what is forum good for if not a good fight? cause in end we won't have time and once the new season starts people won't care as much!

I like the driver a day concept, but shouldn't we be doing a handful of the no names first and then spend more time fighting over the relevant ones? what is forum good for if not a good fight? cause in end we won't have time and once the new season starts people won't care as much!

I like the tread the way it is, significant or not, learning more about each driver.....

lovely stuff

:thbup:

There are unfortunatly exactly enough days for all the drivers to get done. i say unfortunatly as 18 drivers are still left

The majority wanted to start with the lesser known drivers and I like it too - means you learn a bit more about drivers rather than just assume they're bad because they're in a low team or pay for their drive. As for the more well known drivers, we argue about those all the time. :clap3:

The majority wanted to start with the lesser known drivers and I like it too - means you learn a bit more about drivers rather than just assume they're bad because they're in a low team or pay for their drive. As for the more well known drivers, we argue about those all the time. :clap3:

Indeed, Kay, your effort is apreciated :clap3:

I don't come here to fight, but to discuss F1. In the future, I'll remember that fighting is your motive for being here ;)

Driver 5: Scott Speed

Height: 177cm

Weight: 69kg

Teammate: Vitantonio Liuzzi

Races : 18

Races finished in points : 0

The line up remains unchanged at Toro Rosso following a late announcement that the team were happy to keep Scott, despite some less than favourable comments about him emerging from the team. Last year he seemed on the pace of Liuzzi for many races, however was quick to get involved in incidents and 'mouth off' to the other party involved. In one instance this was David Coulthard, when he lost his point for overtaking him during yellow flags, he felt angry and so directed a few choice words at the Scot, but, was handed yet another penalty - this time one of the wallet - for bad conduct. If you're looking for a close battle, this should be one to watch. Think the tongue of Jacques, mixed with the erratic style of Sato in the BAR days, mixed with the looks of any polished boyband member and you have Scott Speed.

Driver 5: Scott Speed

Height: 177cm

Weight: 69kg

Teammate: Vitantonio Liuzzi

Races : 18

Races finished in points : 0

The line up remains unchanged at Toro Rosso following a late announcement that the team were happy to keep Scott, despite some less than favourable comments about him emerging from the team. Last year he seemed on the pace of Liuzzi for many races, however was quick to get involved in incidents and 'mouth off' to the other party involved. In one instance this was David Coulthard, when he lost his point for overtaking him during yellow flags, he felt angry and so directed a few choice words at the Scot, but, was handed yet another penalty - this time one of the wallet - for bad conduct. If you're looking for a close battle, this should be one to watch. Think the tongue of Jacques, mixed with the erratic style of Sato in the BAR days, mixed with the looks of any polished boyband member and you have Scott Speed.

Nothing really bad to say about Scott. I will never understand, though, why those mother****ers charged Scott for misconduct! Only a##holes could think that ****ing Scott could not be the gentleman b#####d we all know he ****ing is! Sh#t!

Nothing really bad to say about Scott. I will never understand, though, why those mother****ers charged Scott for misconduct! Only a##holes could think that ****ing Scott could not be the gentleman b#####d we all know he ****ing is! Sh#t!

:nono1:

Well it's put up or shut up time for Scott, while the car will have lots to do with how he does, I expect to see some improvement or off with 'es head....................

Well it's put up or shut up time for Scott, while the car will have lots to do with how he does, I expect to see some improvement or off with 'es head....................

Yup.

Sorry, was it too much? Just joking on Scott's language. I can delete it, though. Is not as if it was a particularly funny post, anyways :lol:

Sorry, was it too much? Just joking on Scott's language. I can delete it, though. Is not as if it was a particularly funny post, anyways :lol:

I'm just yanking your short hairs :unsure:

My first impressions of Scott Speed is that he stinks, but as I have said previously, everyone (well almost everyone) deserves a second chance, so he'll start this season with a clean slate*.

I'll have to get Liuzzi's up early due to my travelling though.

*Should he mess up, all previous incidents will reappear in my mind.