Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Weather

I just ckecked the weather report for Melobourne and its

Friday - Showers

Saturday - Showers

Sunday - Clearing Showers.

It looks like we are going to see rain at some point during the race weekend.

im guessing Red Bull would strugle in the wet due to their lack of mechanical grip? :(

I know the RB2 had alot of mechanical grip and not alot of aero grip but i dont know what the RB3 is like.

I know the RB2 had alot of mechanical grip and not alot of aero grip but i dont know what the RB3 is like.

According to many things iv'e read (cant remember where) The RB3 is the opposite to the RB2, the RB3 has good aero grip and good top speed but lacks mechanical grip in the slow corners. The drivers have been complaining of loosing the rear of the car under heavy braking and mid corners.

anyway i think they'll strugle at wet tracks and slow tracks like monaco (unlike last year)

Wait until Tuesday / Wednesday... then the predictions will be more accurate.

Wait until Tuesday / Wednesday... then the predictions will be more accurate.

Thats true. Also the problem with Melbourne is its known as a city which can have 4 seasons of weather in 1 hour and this fact makes predicting the weather rather difficult.

my weather predictions

thursday, rain, hail and shine

friday, snowstorm

satursay, clearing sandstorms to showers

Sunday, Hurricane!!!!!

Melbourne you gotta love it!

my weather predictions

friday, snowstorm

Sunday, Hurricane!!!!!

bathurst1000, stop with the cursing thing willya, we need good sunshine the whole weekend.... :P

I remember ykick giving us these rainy weather predictions last year and it ending up wrong everytime... :D:naughty:

I remember ykick giving us these rainy weather predictions last year and it ending up wrong everytime... :D:naughty:

Yes they didnt go so well but to be fair i was only saying what the websites were telling me :D

I checked it a couple of days ago an it said rain Friday, but a clear weekend.... so who knows what it'll change to by the time the cars are on track.

According to many things iv'e read (cant remember where) The RB3 is the opposite to the RB2, the RB3 has good aero grip and good top speed but lacks mechanical grip in the slow corners. The drivers have been complaining of loosing the rear of the car under heavy braking and mid corners.

anyway i think they'll strugle at wet tracks and slow tracks like monaco (unlike last year)

Red Bull have tested a new floor, bargeboards, and front & rear wings at the test in France. They where hoping that they might help with the problems you described above. I guess that we will have some answers in Melbourne.

Thats true. Also the problem with Melbourne is its known as a city which can have 4 seasons of weather in 1 hour and this fact makes predicting the weather rather difficult.

Thats it Melbourne's weather is crazy I tell you. I'm packing just about everything.

my weather predictions

friday, snowstorm

Sunday, Hurricane!!!!!

This prediction will prob prove to be the closest :lol:

I just ckecked the weather report for Melobourne and its

Friday - Showers

Saturday - Showers

Sunday - Clearing Showers.

It looks like we are going to see rain at some point during the race weekend.

Another **************** round of ykick the weather forcaster, I don't think you were right once last year so why are you doing this again?

Another **************** round of ykick the weather forcaster, I don't think you were right once last year so why are you doing this again?

Im forever hopeful as i love races with rain. One of my best memories of F1 was afew years ago when it started raining as soon as MS began his qualifying lap at Albert Park.

Im forever hopeful as i love races with rain. One of my best memories of F1 was afew years ago when it started raining as soon as MS began his qualifying lap at Albert Park.

Boy you are in the land of Oz in more ways than one :lol:

Bah. The real world sucks, i prefer the dream land i live in :D

That you do, that you do............. :lol:

hmmmmm...... usual melbourne weather :(

im guessing Red Bull would strugle in the wet due to their lack of mechanical grip? :(

My guess is that on the same tyres the likelihood is that would be pretty equal

I wonder who among the current lot is the best in rain? Alonso? Kimi? Massa?

Perhaps ,this year the weather may not prove to be much of a factor.

Alonso and Kimi are about equal in the rain, although Alonso seems to thrive in it, when he has the correct tyres and all the wheel nuts are on anyway :P but both of them will trash Massa, he is pretty much useless in the wet

Yes they didnt go so well but to be fair i was only saying what the websites were telling me :D

u gotta stop using those websites, they just guess the weather!

My RB employee source told me at the weekend that they are finally finding balance and that the main issue has always been the ferocity of the TC system as they adapt it for the characteristics of the Renault lump. He says that that he believes they are running around the 7th to 8th position in terms of ranking (actual car position, not team) and that Ferrari are out in front.