Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

J V Fires Pollack

I guess it's time for good old Jacques to start tuning his guitar... :lol:

No, please not that. :lol:

Maybe JV has realised the Pollock has wrecked JV'S F1 Career?

So now its payback????

Packback is a bitch as Veronica Mars would say.

Maybe JV has realised the Pollock has wrecked JV'S F1 Career?

So now its payback????

Packback is a bitch as Veronica Mars would say.

what took him so long to get rid f all that bollocks? :P

It's a good thing that may help him get a good drive. He's impressed a number of drivers and team owners in NASCAR.

NASCAR is one ****ed up sport if JV's impressed anybody. He's crashed in all races but one. He's the next Steven Wallace.

Haven't followed NASCAR too closely but i'd give him a drive. Biased as hell though.

Surprised at this news. I guess business comes before friendship again.

I'd rather see him go to V8 Supercars.....put circuit racers on race circuits...not ovals. V8 Supercars is a much better series than NASCAR or DTM by far.

Yeah I can very easily see Jacques and Marcos Ambrose comming back to Australia and doing the endurance races for HRT :P .

Just Think for Tom Walkinshaw, Skaife and Tander in car 1 and Villeneuve and Ambrose in car 2.

That's completed me :o .

I'd love to see some F1 drivers tackle Bathurst...that track always sorts the boys from the men.

NASCAR is one ****ed up sport if JV's impressed anybody. He's crashed in all races but one. He's the next Steven Wallace.

I would assume it's his raw pace and level-head that has impressed people. There are many different kinds of crashes and most not under the control of a driver running three wide with 30 cars on track.

Yeah I can very easily see Jacques and Marcos Ambrose comming back to Australia and doing the endurance races for HRT :P .

Just Think for Tom Walkinshaw, Skaife and Tander in car 1 and Villeneuve and Ambrose in car 2.

That's completed me :o .

NASCAR driver Boris Said will run the endurance races. Boris is the man. If you don't love Boris, it's either because his American accent is too confusing for you or they don't show enough of him. You gotta love Boris.

I would assume it's his raw pace and level-head that has impressed people. There are many different kinds of crashes and most not under the control of a driver running three wide with 30 cars on track.

Perhaps, and I agree many accidents are not at the fault of the driver. Avoiding others' messes does come with more experience.

In all honesty, I'd rather JV leave and a real short track racer who busts their a## their entire life for this get the ride. And Bill Davis Racing has Donnie Lia now...I'd like to see him succeed. Many guys deserve a shot they'll never get. Always bothers me to see open wheel guys waltz right in and do just as well, and sometimes worse than what these short track guys could do. Danny O'Quinn, Auggie Vidovich, Chuck Barnes, Travis Kittleson.

But you can't blame JV, in a way. It's really NASCAR team owners' and money's fault. They send these guys straight to Cup. Allmendinger and JPM should've done a year in Busch. Hornish should be doing one in 2008 and so should Franchitti. I think Red Bull learned the hard way about this, and look where they sent Scott Speed. Not to Cup like they did with AJ...

I hear you about giving up-and-comers a shot, but it must be remembered that guys like Ambrose, Montoya and JV have already paid their dues in motorsports. I believe a great many Americans* want a race series that is just for Americans and those people come up with many flimsy arguments to get rid of the non-American drivers. Are you one of these? If so, be honest about it.

One of your reasons is a commonly-heard one about 'open-wheel racers' coming in and destroying the series. I'm sure Mario Andretti and Tony Stewart didn't destroy the series and I'm equally sure drivers like Almendinger, Speed, Hinchcliff, Franchitti and JV will only add to the quality of the series as a whole.

*Just so I don't sound too enlightened, I do mean Americans as citizens of the United States, not continental Americans :P

I hear you about giving up-and-comers a shot, but it must be remembered that guys like Ambrose, Montoya and JV have already paid their dues in motorsports. I believe a great many Americans* want a race series that is just for Americans and those people come up with many flimsy arguments to get rid of the non-American drivers. Are you one of these? If so, be honest about it.

One of your reasons is a commonly-heard one about 'open-wheel racers' coming in and destroying the series. I'm sure Mario Andretti and Tony Stewart didn't destroy the series and I'm equally sure drivers like Almendinger, Speed, Hinchcliff, Franchitti and JV will only add to the quality of the series as a whole.

*Just so I don't sound too enlightened, I do mean Americans as citizens of the United States, not continental Americans :P

*mumbles something about those darn gringos* :P

Nope, I am all for diversity in racing. I think it's cool to have these guys in the series, I just think that what I said came out wrong. I more meant they should have to pay their dues in stock car racing like everyone else. I know you can never get JPM to go be a minimum wage manual laborer and live in a shed and eat nothing but sausages and go build a street stock in his driveway and race it on a local dirt track, but still...

It is fine to have foreigners. They're no different than us. I support JPM, and he's not American. I hate Jimmie Johnson and Kyle Busch, both Americans.

I don't like drivers being hired for the sole purpose of sponsors. I want the best of the best. JPM and Dario and Carp aren't the only examples, and I'm not bashing them because all three are great drivers. Many other American drivers are only here because of sponsorship. I don't like that. I want talent and talent only. No matter who you are. If you're Finnish, D'Jboutin, American, etc.

Maybe I'm just a little p**sed that American open wheel lost stars (Franchitti and Allmendinger) and Speed, who could've been a star there.

Hinch?! He's going too?! Damn. He's a great young talent in North American open wheel, and with the unified series in 2009, I would've hoped he'd stay around...

Whats so good about this Boris fulla? Never heard of him....

Boris has a 'fro. He's a really funny guy. He's a sports car racer who races the road courses in NASCAR and does a damn good job...

He likes to circle the ovals way in the back.

...and yes, he also races ovals. Almost won the Pepsi 400 a few years ago on an oval.

Nope, I am all for diversity in racing. I think it's cool to have these guys in the series, I just think that what I said came out wrong. I more meant they should have to pay their dues in stock car racing like everyone else. I know you can never get JPM to go be a minimum wage manual laborer and live in a shed and eat nothing but sausages and go build a street stock in his driveway and race it on a local dirt track, but still...

I take a broader view of 'paying one's dues'. Besides, JPM beat his more experienced stock car teammate last year, didn't he? If not, I'm sure he came close. JV also proved capable of running with his more experienced teammate in trucks last year. That tells me that paying your dues in other racing series prepares you just fine for stock cars. Graham Hill and Jim Clark also did well on an oval with very little experience.

I don't like drivers being hired for the sole purpose of sponsors. I want the best of the best. JPM and Dario and Carp aren't the only examples, and I'm not bashing them because all three are great drivers. Many other American drivers are only here because of sponsorship. I don't like that. I want talent and talent only. No matter who you are. If you're Finnish, D'Jboutin, American, etc.

Well, because NASCAR is so aimed at the American consumer, it's nigh-impossible to get a non-American into the series on talent alone... foreigners need sponsorship, regardless of talent. I daresay JPM, and JV alone have more skill that a handful of NASCAR regulars but those handful sell better to the American fan-base. You should actually be rating JV higher because he's still in the mix for a drive despite the lack of funding. And Bill Davis will not ignore the fact that JV chose him over Pillock..er Pollock. We 'mericans like loyalty.

Maybe I'm just a little p**sed that American open wheel lost stars (Franchitti and Allmendinger) and Speed, who could've been a star there.

Hell man, I'm ALOT p!ssed at that!

Hinch?! He's going too?! Damn. He's a great young talent in North American open wheel, and with the unified series in 2009, I would've hoped he'd stay around...

Hm. I looked for the article and I was mistaken. He's signed to Forsythe. Good for him - keep it pure!

...and yes, he also races ovals. Almost won the Pepsi 400 a few years ago on an oval.

It's about time he got the hang of turning left...

I take a broader view of 'paying one's dues'. Besides, JPM beat his more experienced stock car teammate last year, didn't he? If not, I'm sure he came close. JV also proved capable of running with his more experienced teammate in trucks last year. That tells me that paying your dues in other racing series prepares you just fine for stock cars. Graham Hill and Jim Clark also did well on an oval with very little experience.

Well, because NASCAR is so aimed at the American consumer, it's nigh-impossible to get a non-American into the series on talent alone... foreigners need sponsorship, regardless of talent. I daresay JPM, and JV alone have more skill that a handful of NASCAR regulars but those handful sell better to the American fan-base. You should actually be rating JV higher because he's still in the mix for a drive despite the lack of funding. And Bill Davis will not ignore the fact that JV chose him over Pillock..er Pollock. We 'mericans like loyalty.

Hell man, I'm ALOT p!ssed at that!

Hm. I looked for the article and I was mistaken. He's signed to Forsythe. Good for him - keep it pure!

It's about time he got the hang of turning left...

I suppose. But. They in the REAL days of REAL racing, they didn't hire guys unless you had yourself some wins in the lower ranks. I don't see anything in the top 10 column, let alone win column, for Jacques. Keeping up and beating are two different things.

Santos is done without funding, so I will give JV credit if he can find a ride. But JV also appears to be more marketable, as he could introduce a whole new nation's market, where Santos, who New England racing historian Lew Boyd says is the most well-loved racer in the region ever, can only give you just that: a region of people who wear wife beaters in 10 degree weather and don't really care if it doesn't have to do with the Red Sox or Patriots.

JV, JPM, and everyone else in the world has more talent than Jimmie Johnson. His car and his crew chief won ten races; in today's NASCAER (North American Sponsor-Catering Anti-Entertaining Racing) you really just put your foot the floor and circle the track. Stupid communist spec cars. Blehh.

I'm just happy CCWS turned down TG's offer. Now me and Robin Miller will be right. TG will have 100% control of the one and only series. I love it. Not because I like Tony George, but because the Three Amoebas and Dan really suck at their job. Not saying TG is the BEST, but he's the best of the five, and he did turn the IRL from some piece of s##t series to something closer to CART and more popular than Champ Car with more drivers, teams, and sponsors.

Yeah, Hinch is in Atlantics, AGAIN. Come on Hinch! I will admit to being a Forsythe man. Penske and Forsythe. We should unify under David Hobbs so that Penske and Forsythe can battle it out to the death. Except no death because Greg Moore will rise from the dead. And then Humpy Wheeler will take NASCAR from Brian France. Humpy Wheeler is the man.

Anyway, I'd like for drivers to dabble in all sorts of series. Not do a full season. Dabble. Like Tony Schumacher testing a Late Model. Dabbling. Fun.

Boris is getting there...I just hope he dominates the V8 Supercars so they're forced to show him. And I hope the Saidheads have passports. A race with Boris is nothing without the Saidheads.

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh......can I be a Saidhead? Boris just has to be the man if he has a fro!! Rocking!

What qualifications do I need to be a Saidhead? Whats the uniform? Do we have a special handshake?

I'd love to see some F1 drivers tackle Bathurst...that track always sorts the boys from the men.

And Spa, Istanbul Park, Monaco, Sepang or Suzuka do not ?!