Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

J V Fires Pollack

Considering all but Monaco have run off areas through the trickiest sections, and even then Monaco the cars never hit top speed, then yeah, Bathurst is a tougher circuit - especially when you have to drive on it for 8-hours flat out.

At Bathurst the top speed is what, 295-300 km/h vs 285-290 km/h at Monaco for the GP cars; so yeah huge difference.

8 hours, LOL ?!

It's actually 6 and 1/2 hours and there's 2 drivers. But what's most important is the impact over the human body and in this regards the F1 guys won't have any problem. On the other hand none of the V8 Supercar guys will have the level of fitness required for Istanbul Park, Sepang or Spa.

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh......can I be a Saidhead? Boris just has to be the man if he has a fro!! Rocking!

What qualifications do I need to be a Saidhead? Whats the uniform? Do we have a special handshake?

Only qualification is a fro wig. And perhaps chanting "Who Said? Boris Said!" from time to time.

Considering all but Monaco have run off areas through the trickiest sections, and even then Monaco the cars never hit top speed, then yeah, Bathurst is a tougher circuit - especially when you have to drive on it for 8-hours flat out.

:thbup:

Bathurst kicks a##. It's in my top 3 favorite road courses. Watkins Glen is probably my favorite, though.

Spa is pretty cool. I really like Mosport though.

:thbup:

Yeah, its a great track to watch any race.

I'm a bit late to the party but i read a few of the interviews around JV and Pollack parting ways and it does not sound like JV fired him at all. Pollack and JV seem to have parted on good terms and Pollack is pursuing business interests in Europe. It's just Business.

Spa is a great track one of the best!

And Boris Said...one of my favorite drivers He is a charactrer who loves LOVES racing. I believe he came out of SCCA where (if I remember correctly) I watched him win a Production class championship in a Triumph Spitfire!!! gotta love that!

post-897-1201912327_thumb.jpg

Beautiful car!

Well Thank You! That 67 Spit was my first restoration project, I finished it about three years ago. Never done anything like that before but it's been great fun, and blast to drive too. I now have another one on the go (drivable and pretty but not really restored) and a third Triumph in bits in the garage. I think I might have some sort of sickness :lol:

I'd love to see some F1 drivers tackle Bathurst...that track always sorts the boys from the men.
And Spa, Istanbul Park, Monaco, Sepang or Suzuka do not ?!

All those tracks sort the men from the boys :) Most of all Spa, do you know why? Because Kimi has won there three times, and only seven drivers have won there three or more times (I think), and as we all know Kimi is the bestest ever! Oh yeah I would add Silverstone and maybe Interlagos to that list.

@spitfire: gorgeous car!

All those tracks sort the men from the boys :) Most of all Spa, do you know why? Because Kimi has won there three times, and only seven drivers have won there three or more times (I think), and as we all know Kimi is the bestest ever! Oh yeah I would add Silverstone and maybe Interlagos to that list.

@spitfire: gorgeous car!

What about Indy :naughty: ??

JV has hired Barry Green as his manager.

I like how Chris Economacki puts it, personally. "Who cares?"

We need more Economacki and less of these bulls##t kids who think good journalism is creating news.