Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

Driver Of The Day - Australian Gp

Driver of the day - Australian GP  

74 members have voted

1. 1. You decide

• Lewis
    • Nick
    • Rosberg
    • Nando
    • Kovy
    • Ruebens
    • Nakajima
    • Bourdais

Q12 is not quick....there are 11 cars faster....

Seven drivers made it to the flag, he got ahead of Kovi due to Kovi's bad luck at the last SC period. The car was NOT quick - you could tell that from the stands - he was dropping backwards and it was only the SC's that closed up the gaps. Basically he made a great pass on Kimi/Kovi, lucked into a re-pass on Kovi, after being duped by Kovi in the first place, and got the car to the finish.

If that somehow equates to best driver, and a fast car, then I must have been at another race.

Heidfeld did the exact same thing, except he didn't pass anyone, and got his car home in second place. Which is two places higher than Fernando managed, so should he not then be considered just as favourably as Nando?

Heck, Rosberg did the same thing too...he was heading for P4 until he last SC...but he did his job, and got the car home....on P3...one place better than Nando.

In all honesty there is very little anyone can take out of Aussie.

So bring on Malaysia :D

I just happen to think that overtaking is the best part of the race. Specially when a guy in a slower car, whatever the name, happens to pass the world champion (kimi) and the fastest car in the grid (McLaren) all in one go as a result of more alertness, better car positioning, superior concentration and, why not since that is what it is, better driving skills.

There are no excuses here. It is obvious Alonso had the slower car, they were all fueled to the end of the race and had equal tires... How can you compare this to anything any other driver did during the race aside from maybe Kimi's first couple of laps.

You mat not like Alonso, but had any other driver done anything like it, and had the TV actually shown it, you would would be salivating all over it...

Q12 is not quick....there are 11 cars faster....

Seven drivers made it to the flag, he got ahead of Kovi due to Kovi's bad luck at the last SC period. The car was NOT quick - you could tell that from the stands - he was dropping backwards and it was only the SC's that closed up the gaps. Basically he made a great pass on Kimi/Kovi, lucked into a re-pass on Kovi, after being duped by Kovi in the first place, and got the car to the finish.

If that somehow equates to best driver, and a fast car, then I must have been at another race.

Heidfeld did the exact same thing, except he didn't pass anyone, and got his car home in second place. Which is two places higher than Fernando managed, so should he not then be considered just as favourably as Nando?

Heck, Rosberg did the same thing too...he was heading for P4 until he last SC...but he did his job, and got the car home....on P3...one place better than Nando.

In all honesty there is very little anyone can take out of Aussie.

So bring on Malaysia :D

I just happen to think that overtaking is the best part of the race. Specially when a guy in a slower car, whatever the name, happens to pass the world champion (kimi) and the fastest car in the grid (McLaren) all in one go as a result of more alertness, better car positioning, superior concentration and, why not since that is what it is, better driving skills.

There are no excuses here. It is obvious Alonso had the slower car, they were all fueled to the end of the race and had equal tires... How can you compare this to anything any other driver did during the race aside from maybe Kimi's first couple of laps.

You mat not like Alonso, but had any other driver done anything like it, and had the TV actually shown it, you would would be salivating all over it...

Why we don't see the other face of the coin and say that alonso couldn't do to Kovy what Rubens did to Kimi, Rubens hold Kimi behind for more or less 19 laps and Alonso was unable to hold Kovy, anyway it's good to see Alonso's fans talking this season I don't think there would be many times for you to talk this season.

Indeed.

Why we don't see the other face of the coin and say that alonso couldn't do to Kovy what Rubens did to Kimi, Rubens hold Kimi behind for more or less 19 laps and Alonso was unable to hold Kovy, anyway it's good to see Alonso's fans talking this season I don't think there would be many times for you to talk this season.

1.- Why we don't see the other face of the coin and say that Kimi was much heavier than Rubens, while Alonso and Kovy were paired on weight

2.- Why don't we assume that Honda is in good form while Renault has a lot of work to do yet

3.- Why you do not realise that it is you who want to talk about Alonso no matter what

This is for the smart people in this forum who claim Alonso did nothing special in the race last w.e. Now tell me again, what exactly is wrong whit Kimi's car here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODLTNzcCkDU

Ah thanks, I never saw this 'live'. (I tried loading the same link from another thread but it wouldn't load, it has now...anyway)

It looks to me like a typically opportunistic pass from Alonso, it is indeed a good pass but nothing to make the history books :lol:

Kimi is looking at passing Kova so is off-line, Kova runs wide or slows on exit forcing Kimi to slow too, Alonso sees that something like this might happen and lines himself up accordingly before the corner, then capitalises when it does happen.

All in all, well done Fernando.

1.- Why we don't see the other face of the coin and say that Kimi was much heavier than Rubens, while Alonso and Kovy were paired on weight

2.- Why don't we assume that Honda is in good form while Renault has a lot of work to do yet

3.- Why you do not realise that it is you who want to talk about Alonso no matter what

The same way Kimi was heavier than Alonso when he made his move on him, now for this case weight matters to you.

If Honda is in good shape so is Renault, Rubens QF position was just one step better (11 and 12) than Alonso's, but for ABF (Alonso's Blind Fans) two car with similars performance the one without Alonso is in good from but Alonso's is a crap.

I am the one who's talking all time about him, I don't know what you mean.

The car ahead of Kimi slowed him down Hovy made the pass and Kimi once again has to sow down because of Kovy and Alonso did the same that Kovy did.

Now let's thing that this was an wonderfull move, do you still think that for only one move a driver deserve to be called Driver of the day? What about Rubens holding kimi for all thoses laps? without this Kimi wouldn't be anywhere near Alonso, or better Kimi could be the one doing the move on Kovy and Alonso.

If you are going to talk about overtaking what about Kimi's first lap? How car did he overtook on it? is he the driver of the day for that?

A little bit paranoic? :huh:

To me Lewis was the man of the race and i wrote it here... You know, i hate Lewis but the guy is so good and won in such a deserved way that i can't deny the evidence.

Kimi the driver of the day? Yeah, sure... :lol:

The same way Kimi was heavier than Alonso when he made his move on him, now for this case weight matters to you.

If Honda is in good shape so is Renault, Rubens QF position was just one step better (11 and 12) than Alonso's, but for ABF (Alonso's Blind Fans) two car with similars performance the one without Alonso is in good from but Alonso's is a crap.

I am the one who's talking all time about him, I don't know what you mean.

You are a moron and it is waste of time arguing with you.

For you to know, the pass happened after all the cars had refueled for the last time. Being that the case, how exactly could Kimi be heavier than Alonso. Mind you, the way Ferrari performed last week, maybe they fueled Kimi for a few extra laps to see if he could actually catch up with somebody a couple of laps after the race finished...

You can't recognize a good argument when one is staring you in the face.

Just remember Schumikonnen, AleHop is an Alonso fan ;)

Yeah, I should have known better but he remind me Shane so much that I can't avoid finding a way to get into any conflict with him, I don't know if you remember my clashes with Shane, I still miss him.

You are a moron and it is waste of time arguing with you.

For you to know, the pass happened after all the cars had refueled for the last time. Being that the case, how exactly could Kimi be heavier than Alonso. Mind you, the way Ferrari performed last week, maybe they fueled Kimi for a few extra laps to see if he could actually catch up with somebody a couple of laps after the race finished...

You can't recognize a good argument when one is staring you in the face.

And you think this argument gives Alonso an advantage? if I rememebr correctly Kimi had just one stop after he went out trying to overtake Kovy and Alonso had two, at the moment of the pass Kimi was on medium tires and Alonso was on soft. You can put it anyway you and as math the result will be the same.

A little bit paranoic? :huh:

To me Lewis was the man of the race and i wrote it here... You know, i hate Lewis but the guy is so good and won in such a deserved way that i can't deny the evidence.

Kimi the driver of the day? Yeah, sure... :lol:

Just for the records again, I voted for Rubens but if Alonso can be consider driver of the day the Kimi can be consider too, Kimi did a better job during the race until the point he went out of the track, he overtook more cars than Alonso, he started behind and was ahead of him like he will be in this race and he could easily have finished aheado of him but he didn't finish and to Finish first you fisrt have to finish, now a new weekend have just started let see how things pans out now and where is everybody at the end.

When have I said I don't like Alonso? Jesus H Christ....!?!?!?!?!

Some people around here need to grow the f up.

And you think this argument gives Alonso an advantage? if I rememebr correctly Kimi had just one stop after he went out trying to overtake Kovy and Alonso had two, at the moment of the pass Kimi was on medium tires and Alonso was on soft. You can put it anyway you and as math the result will be the same.

Excuses, excuses...now the tires. Just for you to know, Kimi was on a one stop strategy for the race. From that point of view, fuel load was not the difference between the cars. Next time make sure you watch the race if you are going to comment on it.

Just to flamebait...but just because two cars from different teams are both fueled to the finish does not actually mean they have the same mass of fuel on board. One engine will invariably be more fuel efficient than the other, so one will always have less fuel and a lighter car.

Get over it already dude - you got your opinion, which is cool, and others have theirs...not like the world is going to fall apart because of what is said either way...move along...and cross your fingers that either of the Renaults make it into Q2, let alone Q3 for Malaysia....even though WE ALL know Alonso will be driving his nuts off, his car's been castrated and has no nuts to drive off. :P

Excuses, excuses...now the tires. Just for you to know, Kimi was on a one stop strategy for the race. From that point of view, fuel load was not the difference between the cars. Next time make sure you watch the race if you are going to comment on it.

You (All ABF) don't accept that Kimi had to slow down because of two slower (for wahtever reasons) car that were in front of him at that moment, and you watched the race and the youtube clip and still you're talking like this pass as a clean one on both car having normal speed, that was a one opportunistic pass as someone said in this thread, but I don't think it's worthy to be consider driver of the day for the driver doing so, just as it was the one on Kovy when he pressed the wrong buttom. The credit Alonso deserves for that is that he was doing what he gets paid for, try to take advantage of any situation on track and again if passing two car a the same time give Alonso the DOD voted thn Kimi did a better job on his firsts laps, and I didn't vote for him.

Just to flamebait...but just because two cars from different teams are both fueled to the finish does not actually mean they have the same mass of fuel on board. One engine will invariably be more fuel efficient than the other, so one will always have less fuel and a lighter car.

Get over it already dude - you got your opinion, which is cool, and others have theirs...not like the world is going to fall apart because of what is said either way...move along...and cross your fingers that either of the Renaults make it into Q2, let alone Q3 for Malaysia....even though WE ALL know Alonso will be driving his nuts off, his car's been castrated and has no nuts to drive off. :P

Even I know that.

You (All ABF) don't accept that Kimi had to slow down because of two slower (for wahtever reasons) car that were in front of him at that moment, and you watched the race and the youtube clip and still you're talking like this pass as a clean one on both car having normal speed, that was a one opportunistic pass as someone said in this thread, but I don't think it's worthy to be consider driver of the day for the driver doing so, just as it was the one on Kovy when he pressed the wrong buttom. The credit Alonso deserves for that is that he was doing what he gets paid for, try to take advantage of any situation on track and again if passing two car a the same time give Alonso the DOD voted thn Kimi did a better job on his firsts laps, and I didn't vote for him.

But you voted for Sato as DOD last year at Montreal. Care to explain what made you think that overtaking was legendary while Nando's isn't? :P

When Mika Hakkinen (McLaren) passed M. Schumacher (Ferrari) and R. Zonta (Honda) altogether everybody agreed it was one of the best overtakings in F1 History but if F. Alonso does just that same thing with his crappy Renault with a McLaren and a Ferrari there you are saying it is nothing special.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVQ-omQEoIw...feature=related

I hope I can find a good TV coverage for Alonso's move... That was opportunistic? And so what? Was Kimi's WDC opportunistic?

Yeah, I should have known better but he remind me Shane so much that I can't avoid finding a way to get into any conflict with him, I don't know if you remember my clashes with Shane, I still miss him.
Well tbh, Shane was'nt as annoying as AleHop he was more focused at being an Alonso fan & I never heard him give Hamilton any crap but man it seemed like everybody did'nt like, bruce hates the guy & if you hated by an admin :banned22: & then :errrrrr::prayhands::(:goldeneye:

Well tbh, Shane was'nt as annoying as AleHop he was more focused at being an Alonso fan & I never heard him give Hamilton any crap but man it seemed like everybody did'nt like, bruce hates the guy & if you hated by an admin :banned22: & then :errrrrr::prayhands::(:goldeneye:

I never say bad things about Hamilton, it is just when people start talking crap about FA when sometimes I brign him to my mind. And I honestly think he is a very good driver, probably the best driver in the best car, but so many times you have showed him like the good and FA like the evil...

I've never hated Alonso, I think he's a brilliant driver, my Dad keeps saying him & Kimi with Ferrari is F1's dream team & could'nt blame him, Hamilton is brillliant aswell but it seems that some people here don't like Alonso & then come the Alonso fans & then eveyone starts to like Hamilton & for some reason hate Alonso, very strange how the system works on TF1!

How much was Kovalainen heavier than Hamilton for Q3?

Just curious!

Several laps.. 3, 4, or 5, cannot remember the exact number but the difference surprised me... not that it made much difference, Kova was faster lap for lap if one factors in the fuel loads (although we are not supposed to mention it).

alonso had a brilliant race.did well to hold off heikki and then retake position after heikkis mistake.he has shown that the renault can b quick with a quick and good driver and thats what alonso is.dont think he made one mistake in that race

Alonso did well but not that well. Be realistic here... I get a smile every time I see that he is the most voted for 'driver of the day'... you guys (Alonso's fans) have been forced to remain silent due to the violence of the lewisterics but are still there.... lurking. Good on you, even if you are looking at quite a dissapointing season.