Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Barcelona Testing

Thanks for the report and pics guys................ do find it interesting that every team is testing a different part.

Thanks for the report and pics guys................ do find it interesting that every team is testing a different part.

Yep, an I'm loving seeing these cars with slicks on!

Yep, an I'm loving seeing these cars with slicks on!

Second that :thbup:

It just looks...........................................................................

........................ natural.

Second that :thbup:

It just looks...........................................................................

........................ natural.

Yep, your eye is drawn to the detail of the car instead of being corrupted by groove thingies.

i believe the slower speeds will come from the reduced aero next season, but massa wasn't running with it yet. anyone have any information about how much and how exactly are they going to remove the wings...?

With a spanner, dude....

Yep, your eye is drawn to the detail of the car instead of being corrupted by groove thingies.

Which gets me thinking about the white stripe on the softs. I wonder how the soft slicks will be marked?

Which gets me thinking about the white stripe on the softs. I wonder how the soft slicks will be marked?

Like the champ car softs...........with red-sidewalls...............those would look so cool on a ferrari..........

Anyways to those who care...... today's test has already started and Renault are sporting a shark-fin like their engine customers Red-Bull with an updated front and rear suspension.......and i must say Fernando is doing some impressive lap-times.....Massa is quickest though........

post-1048-1208249825_thumb.jpg

post-1048-1208249855_thumb.jpg

Thank you very much for the info and pictures.

Is there a free web where they show testing?

Yeah,there are..........www.motor21.com,http://directo.thef1.es/ and www.sportlifepress.com. Enjoy B)

Muchas gracias amigo. ;)

Is that the ugliest Renault ever or is it just me? :unsure:

As long as it is the quickest Renault ever it doesn't bother me.

Barrichello goes quickest at Barcelona

Rubens Barrichello posted the quickest time on the second day of testing at the Barcelona circuit, but it was Ferrari's Felipe Massa who set the pace of those using only grooved tyres.

Barrichello, whose Honda team today tested a revised front wing with the 'elephant-like' add-ons already tried last year, posted a best time of 1:18.928 to finish nearly a second in front of Giancarlo Fisichella in the Force India.

Both Barrichello and Fisichella were running with 2008 aero configurations on slick tyres when they set their fastest times.

Massa finished over half a second behind Fisichella after 113 laps, but the Brazilian spent the day using the current grooved tyres.

Red Bull's David Coulthard - also sampling the slicks - was fourth quickest, with Lewis Hamilton rounding up the top five. The McLaren driver only ran with grooved tyres.

Fernando Alonso and Nick Heidfeld were the only other two drivers who did not try Bridgestone's slicks today.

The Spanish driver, whose Renault team introduced a new engine cover fin today, caused the only red flag of the day when he stopped on track in the afternoon with a suspected engine problem.

Today's times:

Pos Driver Team Time Laps

1. Barrichello Honda ( B) 1:18.928 77 2. Fisichella Force India-Ferrari ( B) 1:19.721 79 3. Massa Ferrari ( B) 1:20.283 113 4. Coulthard Red Bull-Renault ( B) 1:20.392 87 5. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes ( B) 1:20.452 96 6. Alonso Renault ( B) 1:20.616 118 7. Rosberg Williams-Toyota ( B) 1:20.800 115 8. Glock Toyota ( B) 1:20.870 112 9. Heidfeld BMW-Sauber ( B) 1:20.981 97

seriously, they seem to be making good progress :thbup:

TBH, I think we will only know when they race on Saturday and Sunday for the WC.

They seem to be working hard and I am sure they'll get some good results.

TBH, I think we will only know when they race on Saturday and Sunday for the WC.

They seem to be working hard and I am sure they'll get some good results.

let's hope so, even I'm starting to feel for Alonso :(

Is that the ugliest Renault ever or is it just me? :unsure:

No, that would be the Renault 4.