Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Hamilton Class

Senna won British F3 in 1983, then considered the stepping stone into F1

Hamilton won GP2 in 2006, then considered the stepping stone into F1

Senna won 1977 Sth American Karting Championships

Hamilton won 2000 European Karting Championship

Senna won British Formula Ford Championships in 1981

Hamilton won Formula Renault UK in 2003

Senna scored first WDC F1 points in his second ever race

Hamilton scored first podium and first WDC F1 points in his first ever race

Senna had three podiums in his first season

Hamilton had twelve podiums in his first season, nine of them in a row

Senna scored 65 poles in 9 seasons and 3 races (162 races total, so 40% of races entered)

Hamilton has thus far scored 11 poles in 1 and 14/17ths seasons (32 races thus far, so 34% of races entered)

Senna amassed 614 points in 162 races = 3.8pts per race (and yes on old points systems but can't be assed rejigging points)

Hamilton has thus far amassed 193 points in 32 races = 6pts per race (and yes on new points system)

Senna scored points in 96 of races entered or a strike rate of 59%

Hamilton has scored points in 27 of races entered or a strike rate of 84%

Senna finished 2nd in WDC on 2 occasions in 9 years

Hamilton finished 2nd in WDC on one occasion in 1 year (might be 2 in 2, but we haven't got that far yet)

Senna finished 3rd in WDC on 1 occasion in 9 years

Hamilton N/a

Senna finished 4th in WDC on 3 occasions in 9 years

Hamilton N/a

Senna finished 9th in WDC on 1 occasion in 9 years

Hamilton N/a

Senna won WDC 3 times in 9 seasons

Hamilton may win his first WDC for first time this season

Senna and Hamilton are very similar - their careers tracking pretty much the same no matter how you look at it. Hamilton has already achieved your 2% maureen, plus a bag of chips on top of that.

I stand by saying that Hamilton is no different to Senna.

:dam:

Indeed!

You were marginalised last year, now you are a 'respected' member of the forum.

My point exactly

Interesting reply considering I mentioned how the onslaught of insults was considered a valid course of action.

Well, it is true that lynchings by lewisterics are not as frequent nowadays... a time that, as you point out, you dearly miss.

It is quite telling how, over time, every single of the violent lewisterics unequivocally confesses that they are bigots. Racist, sexist, and xenophobe comments are the domain of your ilk.

The quality of your posts has quite improved Maure, and even so insults fly around (yes, even though we're already used to the stuff you say :lol: ).

But yes, about this I agree with you and the rest of the forum except Mr. Fed Up. How can anyone want respect (be it for himself or Lewis) if he goes ordering people to shut up? And "he strated it" isn't an adult response so it's discarded.

The second thing that left me mouth open was the insinuation about the post count - and here I thought that on this forum this mattered little to naught! Everyone has read and replied to my posts even when I had 2 (and even bitched XD), and most people do care to explain themselves and are open to other points of view. Seems that now some can't even take a joke.

By the way, is "the accents" referred to us guys who aren't English?

EDIT: A word too much.

Actually, I've been saying the same things all along... I mean in relation to F1. The consistency of my posts is almost boring.

What is true is that I don't have to laugh off as many insults and personal attacks as before.

Don't forget how overwhelmed the forum was with the lewisteric right-of-way. Disenting from the mass hallucination last season was considered a capital offence. If anyone wanted to say something about Alonso that was not the absolute worst, they were forced to start by saying, essentially, "Alonso is a d#ck but...". If anyone wanted to say something about Hamilton that was not blind worship, they were forced to start by saying, essentially, "Hamilton is incredibly gifted but...". Even then, those that dared those comments were subject to lynching. Take a look back and surprise yourself.

The effects of the hype are waning and people are coming back to their senses. The forum is gradually becoming less tolerant of lewisteric violence which, in turn, is becoming more and more desperate and rabid. One by one, lewisterics are confessing their bigoted ways which were the problem to begin with. Don't forget either that there are plenty of regular Hamilton's fans that are just like any other fans out there. Violence = Hamilton is just the lewisteric equation.

For those, like myself, that know relatively little about European history, it was a 'surprise' to learn about the latent prejudice of British for Spaniards that was exploited by the media to mob the gullible... gullible folk that as the violent oppression evaporates are finding it more and more difficult to explain why it is that they believed the things they did. Reality has a persistence that most people end up yielding to...

Indeed!

You were marginalised last year, now you are a 'respected' member of the forum.

My point exactly

No, maure is what he is, his persistent and consistent agenda means that when Lewis does / says something stupid, maure is kind of right. When he drives well, or when anything about last year comes up he looks delusional.

You used to be a 'respected' member of the forum, but your Lewis worship (I don't think it takes Freud to figure out the reasons behind it, but I on't say it here, people know what I mean) has made me lose respect for your opinions. Maure is what he is, but you're become another maure. That's all it is.

Me too. If he said that, Lewis is far far stupider than I had ever thought. Doesn't he know that if anyone hates the English it's the Scots?

I think it's another one of his remarks where he probably thinks it will come off as funny, but I somehow feel that he actually partially believes what he says. It's the delusions you get in Ron's company, remember how they expected Bernoldi to get out of the way because apparently Arrows weren't even allowed to race Mclarens.

Awww ok, it was fun for a while!

For what it's worth, I do think that he must have been joking, too. I mean, he is one arrogant S.O.B., but not this would be just too much.

But it was fun to see who would take the bait :P

I also posted this because many times, some of Nando's comments that were obviously a joke were taken out of context or just mistranslated into English and caused uproar. A few days ago, he made a comment about not wanting LH to win the championship. He then added that Hamilton is the best driver with the best car, and his previous comment was an obvious joke (it was for a Spanish public). It appeared on some websites as "Alonso doesn't want Hamilton to win the WDC" and "Alonso prefers Massa rather than his sworn enemy, Lewis"...

So, here's a lesson for us all: these comments might or might not be what they seem. But we can be sure that the press would do whatever they want to twist them and convey some predetermined image of a driver.

Think about it next time you read an arrogant comment from your most hatred driver :D

EDIT: Mr.Fedup, what exactly does that whole "accents" talk mean???? I don't get it

You are my most hatred driver Andres :D

My 2 cents - Lewis is stupid, Fernando is stupid, their remarks sometimes get misinterpreted, but if you go jsut by the literal quotes, the stupidity is palpable. Lewis is not stupid enough to screw his career (or possibly he has better minders than Alonso) and Alonso is stupid enough to screw up his career as he has.

Whatever mate - best to put me on ignore if I get on your nerves, but you have always been a d!ckhead so I don't take anything you say seriously - STFU!

Why Andres needs to start a new thread focusing on perceived negative comments of Lewis just fails me. Why not celebrate a deserved win for nando (lucky) and focus on another close WDC battle that is destined to go to the wire. I come on the forum to discuss f1 matters, but it always seems that the bulk of posters are constantly lewis bashing for this reason or other. The guy has only been in F1 for 2 seasons and has led the WDC for 90% of his time in F1 - surely that desrves some praise or at least respect.

The forum is no longer about F1, more a kind of kindergarten for anti English, racist vitriol.

Good luck to you

<_<

Do this - go back to the MS days and see what used to be on the forum. I think LH gets off pretty easy. The racism is your paranoia, get over it. Apart from that Ash1 guy maybe, but you picked on the baldie of all people :P

No, maure is what he is, his persistent and consistent agenda means that when Lewis does / says something stupid, maure is kind of right. When he drives well, or when anything about last year comes up he looks delusional.

You used to be a 'respected' member of the forum, but your Lewis worship (I don't think it takes Freud to figure out the reasons behind it, but I on't say it here, people know what I mean) has made me lose respect for your opinions. Maure is what he is, but you're become another maure. That's all it is.

Is that a fair comparision to make?? I mean different post counts and hair etc :P

Do this - go back to the MS days and see what used to be on the forum. I think LH gets off pretty easy. The racism is your paranoia, get over it. Apart from that Ash1 guy maybe, but you picked on the baldie of all people :P

Yeah you should know better pick the only scouser of the forum for this :P

Actually, I've been saying the same things all along... I mean in relation to F1. The consistency of my posts is almost boring.

What is true is that I don't have to laugh off as many insults and personal attacks as before.

Don't forget how overwhelmed the forum was with the lewisteric right-of-way. Disenting from the mass hallucination last season was considered a capital offence. If anyone wanted to say something about Alonso that was not the absolute worst, they were forced to start by saying, essentially, "Alonso is a d#ck but...". If anyone wanted to say something about Hamilton that was not blind worship, they were forced to start by saying, essentially, "Hamilton is incredibly gifted but...". Even then, those that dared those comments were subject to lynching. Take a look back and surprise yourself.

The effects of the hype are waning and people are coming back to their senses. The forum is gradually becoming less tolerant of lewisteric violence which, in turn, is becoming more and more desperate and rabid. One by one, lewisterics are confessing their bigoted ways which were the problem to begin with. Don't forget either that there are plenty of regular Hamilton's fans that are just like any other fans out there. Violence = Hamilton is just the lewisteric equation.

For those, like myself, that know relatively little about European history, it was a 'surprise' to learn about the latent prejudice of British for Spaniards that was exploited by the media to mob the gullible... gullible folk that as the violent oppression evaporates are finding it more and more difficult to explain why it is that they believed the things they did. Reality has a persistence that most people end up yielding to...

Brilliant, maure!!! There are many here trapped in such bondage of native allegiances , obstinate in the face of glaring truth. But, as you say, reality is persistent and truth is omnipotent.

Ah, now I get it, it's not going off thread you do, it's 'thread bleed'.

Wet Beaver Creak, is that what a young beaver does when it gets older, 'cos that's bollocking ageist you bollocking accent you. :lol:

No, to be fair, most of the time it's going off thread. Occasionally it's thread bleed :lol:

Yeah you should know better pick the only scouser of the forum for this :P

I think that's a dissgusting attitude, AJ. Fancy picking on Steph like that, it's just not right :whistling:

I think that's a dissgusting attitude, AJ. Fancy picking on Steph like that, it's just not right :whistling:

:lol::lol:

Whatever Cav!

I took a walk down memory lane to revisit some of the posts of yesteryear. It seems there are more people posting on here now than before and, perhaps the average age is younger than when I first joined. Debates in those days tended to focus on topical issues - Yes Michael used to be abused, but it was more because he made F1 boring and the obligatory German jokes. The standard of posters was much higher, yourself included, all of which have long left the forum.

I guess I don't come here for banter and tend not to get involved in the jokes and innuendo. I visit this forum to discuss F1, so it kind of irks me when debates tend to focus on personalities rather than driving ability. Perhaps it is because I'm not interested in banter that I don't get the humour sometimes.

I've realised that I've overgrown this forum, sadly. I don't share the same opinions with over 90% of posters so it is logical that I will always be at loggerheads with the forum per se. It is sad because a forum should be a place to share views not polarise. This place is polarised in it's dislike for Lewis - fair enough, not everyone will like an individual, but the constant reference to 2007 is just tedious and backward.

I guess I enjoyed it for a period, but will now bow out gracefully.

Enjoy

:)

Whatever Cav!

I took a walk down memory lane to revisit some of the posts of yesteryear. It seems there are more people posting on here now than before and, perhaps the average age is younger than when I first joined. Debates in those days tended to focus on topical issues - Yes Michael used to be abused, but it was more because he made F1 boring and the obligatory German jokes. The standard of posters was much higher, yourself included, all of which have long left the forum.

I guess I don't come here for banter and tend not to get involved in the jokes and innuendo. I visit this forum to discuss F1, so it kind of irks me when debates tend to focus on personalities rather than driving ability. Perhaps it is because I'm not interested in banter that I don't get the humour sometimes.

I've realised that I've overgrown this forum, sadly. I don't share the same opinions with over 90% of posters so it is logical that I will always be at loggerheads with the forum per se. It is sad because a forum should be a place to share views not polarise. This place is polarised in it's dislike for Lewis - fair enough, not everyone will like an individual, but the constant reference to 2007 is just tedious and backward.

Enjoy

Before you bow out ever so gracefully, do realise that it is Cav's opnion of the current state of affairs... I repeat...Cav's opinion. You make like it counts for quite alot fedup, you're even prepared to walk out...gracefully. My opinion is that Totalf1 is now more balanced, we have the old with the young, we have the topical with the technical, we have have the antagonist with his sidekick (thanks Maure and Ash), hell we even have lovely ladies in here.... :wub: Hi elgo, girlracer, Katy, freaky... lovely place to be in, unless you're too self-centered, gullible and can't stand your own ground. and here's the lovely thing, you don't need to agree with the over 90% of the forum, you can be your own self...and that realisation you get for free from your TF1 resident Brad.

As for someone who fought the cause of Hamilton justice and whose opinions I valued, you sucked with this post! Hell we all may just give up, be call leweristics and vanish of the planet....

Whatever Cav!

Enjoy

Oh for God's sake don't be so melodramatic........

@Fed up

A forum is about diversity. Of course you're going to have the fluff, and the serious posts. You're going to have fanboys and fanhaters. A bit like life, only you can't run away from life, unless you plan to plummet off a building or something...

I like this place. You don't get any crap, nor the fear of saying something 'too out of hand'. If you're prepared to give criticism, be prepared to take some back. Nobody is saying you have to like it, just respect it.

Now, shut up, sit your arse at your PC and stop with the mood swings. ;)

Before you bow out ever so gracefully, do realise that it is Cav's opnion of the current state of affairs... I repeat...Cav's opinion. You make like it counts for quite alot fedup, you're even prepared to walk out...gracefully. My opinion is that Totalf1 is now more balanced, we have the old with the young, we have the topical with the technical, we have have the antagonist with his sidekick (thanks Maure and Ash), hell we even have lovely ladies in here.... :wub: Hi elgo, girlracer, Katy, freaky... lovely place to be in, unless you're too self-centered, gullible and can't stand your own ground. and here's the lovely thing, you don't need to agree with the over 90% of the forum, you can be your own self...and that realisation you get for free from your TF1 resident Brad.

As for someone who fought the cause of Hamilton justice and whose opinions I valued, you sucked with this post! Hell we all may just give up, be call leweristics and vanish of the planet....

Nice post. I think we miss some of the old posters but it's still not so bad here. Fed Up will be missed if he leaves.

I took a walk down memory lane to revisit some of the posts of yesteryear.
I did the same thing today on the FIFA 09 forums that I was banned from before! Very odd indeed Ted!

Whatever Cav!

Enjoy

Worthless post of the year.

You keep dismissing the newer posters which is insulting as most of them are very valuable members, many of them very knowledgeable and certainly all as passionate about F1 and life. It doesn't take a genius to notice how many of them are more valuable members than both me and you. Jez, DOF, Meanioni, Rainmaster, Elgo, Freaky and oh so many others

You idealization of the past is noticeable when you think about Ctrl300 and his nazi ideas, the jokes about Narain Karthikeyan and the disdain for his Indian fans, Bajo's continuous clashes with forum's women, etc.

So we joke and bash Lewis, what's new? 90% of us might be "against you", but also 90% of us attack Lewis, or Nando, or Massa, or Kimi and in the end we all laugh and respect each other's views and know this is no war. You, on the other hand, leave the forum because people don't agree with you.

It is sad because a forum should be a place to share views not polarise. Your words.

BTW, expect no sympathy from the 'accents'. :P You reap what you sown

Worthless post of the year.

You keep dismissing the newer posters which is insulting as most of them are very valuable members, many of them very knowledgeable and certainly all as passionate about F1 and life. It doesn't take a genius to notice how many of them are more valuable members than both me and you. Jez, DOF, Meanioni, Rainmaster, Elgo, Freaky and oh so many others

You idealization of the past is noticeable when you think about Ctrl300 and his nazi ideas, the jokes about Narain Karthikeyan and the disdain for his Indian fans, Bajo's continuous clashes with forum's women, etc.

So we joke and bash Lewis, what's new? 90% of us might be "against you", but also 90% of us attack Lewis, or Nando, or Massa, or Kimi and in the end we all laugh and respect each other's views and know this is no war. You, on the other hand, leave the forum because people don't agree with you.

It is sad because a forum should be a place to share views not polarise. Your words.

BTW, expect no sympathy from the 'accents'. :P You reap what you sown

Yep I agree (no, not just because he mentioned me :lol: ).

Yep I agree (no, not just because he mentioned me :lol: ).

Oh, that was a typo. Where it says: "Rainmaster" should have said "f1master batracer" :P

Oh, that was a typo. Where it says: "Rainmaster" should have said "f1master batracer" :P
I dunno! Ankit will have to have a word with ou about the TF1 batracer master!