Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Nico Hulkenburg

Presuming there is a championship next year, and not just Bernie and Max broadcasting themselves to the world racing each other on a Scaletrix slot car set....

Willi Weber is promoting Hulkenburg for a race seat in F1 next year. He is currently the Team Willy reserve driver...blew the socks off everyone in A1, reigning F3000 champ, and is contesting GP2 this year...certainly has the credentials.....and Williams seem to like the lad too.

Sooooooo.....both Nico and Naki are off contract at the end of the year. Will Nico stay, or look for a drive elsewhere in a car that may very well guarantee him that top step on the podium at long last? Naki hasn't impressed this year by any standard...he was much better last year, in my view....so, if I were Frank I'd jettison Naki...but does that mean I lose the Toyota engines???? Dilema's dilemas...

How do we rate the boy Hulkenburg? Do we want to see Team Nico vs Team Seb?

I think Hulkenburg could do well...at least no worse than Bourdais or Junior....worth a shot??

http://www.totalf1.com/full_story/view/303..._Williams_seat/

I'd say Rosberg will stay & Naker to go! I guess Williams are heading for the STR route, meaning NicoF1 Team!

I'd like to see Hulk in F1 next year, he's good.

Marko Asmer, 2011 Formula 1 World Champion :whistling::P

I'm not sure he'll do any better, but worth a go; I can't think of any reason to not give him a drive. Something tells me Rosberg leaves. As long as there's a Toyota in the Williams, I'd have to imagine Kaz will be a part of the team. Not sure where Rosberg goes, I don't rate him very highly, but I also don't know anything about rating drivers. After Bahrain 2006, I can't think of any reason he deserves a better ride than the one he has now, but we'll see.

I'm not sure he'll do any better, but worth a go; I can't think of any reason to not give him a drive. Something tells me Rosberg leaves. As long as there's a Toyota in the Williams, I'd have to imagine Kaz will be a part of the team. Not sure where Rosberg goes, I don't rate him very highly, but I also don't know anything about rating drivers. After Bahrain 2006, I can't think of any reason he deserves a better ride than the one he has now, but we'll see.

:lol: Bah, pipedown you! You thought Vettel was average :P Besides, everyone who has seen Marco Asmer at Spa in British F3 knows he is the greatest driver since Fangio, well not quite, but he is damn good :D

Hulk is pretty good too, not all that special, probably slightly better than the Rosberg you under-rate but everyone else over-rates.

marko asmer has not proved anything to be given a drive...nico hulkenberg wil take kazuki's place if rosberg stays in williams...i guess along with hulkenberg, bruno senna, adam caroll(a1gp champion), romain grosjean are hot favourites to join f1 next year...

Carrol and Grosjean do deserve F1 drives, not as much as the Hulk, mind you. Senna doesn't really deserve a drive, although he is fairly competent.

marko asmer has not proved anything to be given a drive...nico hulkenberg wil take kazuki's place if rosberg stays in williams...i guess along with hulkenberg, bruno senna, adam caroll(a1gp champion), romain grosjean are hot favourites to join f1 next year...

Welcome to the boards, riseofstars. You're right about Asmer...I'm just joking with El Maestro, who claimed Asmer would be the 2011 F1 WDC. Senna will probably have a ride somewhere; hopefully not Brawn, but I think with all the new teams, he'll land a ride. I'm not entirely sold on him yet, though. It will be interesting to see what Carroll does; I've heard he may be going to IndyCar and has been in talks with a few teams, though I'd rather see him get a chance in F1 because I think he could be good. I don't really know a lot about Grosjean, but I take it you expect him to replace Piquet? I'm not really sure who they'll put in the Renault, but I think di Grassi has the best shot if it's a rookie. And if there is a Renault F1, which hopefully there will be.

I would like to see Nico Hulkenberg have a race seat. I have been singing his praises for a couple of years now and I think he might just have his chance to shine next year at Williams.

I see Nico Rosberg being picked up by McLaren for the reason that Mercedes Benz are desparate to have a German driver in the team and with all the dramas at Woking over the last couple of years I think McLaren will grant them this wish as a peace settlement of sorts.

As for Naky, it really depends on the details of the engine supply contact with Toyota in my opinion.

I would like to see Nico Hulkenberg have a race seat. I have been singing his praises for a couple of years now and I think he might just have his chance to shine next year at Williams.

I see Nico Rosberg being picked up by McLaren for the reason that Mercedes Benz are desparate to have a German driver in the team and with all the dramas at Woking over the last couple of years I think McLaren will grant them this wish as a peace settlement of sorts.

As for Naky, it really depends on the details of the engine supply contact with Toyota in my opinion.

Then they will be choosing the wrong german. Why not try Glock?

Then they will be choosing the wrong german. Why not try Glock?

Vaild point. However I believe Timo is on a three year contract with Toyota ending in December 2010. I doubt that Toyota would be too keen on losing what is proving to be a valuable asset. Toyota are moulding Timo to take over as the unofficial lead driver when Jarno calls it quits.

I'm my opinion at this very moment I would still prefer Rosberg to Glock. But like anything that is subject to change.

Rosberg is the best of the bunch for my money. He needs to get away from Williams before it's too late. He could fit in at McBenz, Ferrari, BMW, Renault or Brawn - no problem. There is talk that Hulkenberg will get a BGP test. Haug likes what Ross has done with the Merc engine but if Rubens keeps supporting the team points-wise, why change?

I don't think there's much in it between Rosberg and Glock. But you're probably right that Nico's career is going nowhere fast if he stays at Grove.

Seeing as how Hulkenburg is managed by Willy Webber you never know where he will be but you can bet it will be somewhere good