Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Today In F1

Come again? (where's that whistling guy when you need him?)

Change your drugs!

Well it's been a hectic few days. Massa will never race again and then he's fine [thank your God],

I agree with everything else but this. Why do you think Massa will not race again?

MS couldn't have done his former strategist a bigger favour. Michael is now BGP's No.1 fox in the henhouse. Whether the car gets better or not, I believe JB can survive the trials ahead and snatch the WDC. If he does, it will be with the added kudos of achieving it in a year, when the man some acknowledge as the greatest F1 driver on earth was in the field, albeit at 40 years of age and for only half a season. The Somerset Smoothie was stunning at the front end of the contest, taking six out of seven and deserves the gong for that feat alone.

Edit: Typo

That

I agree with everything else but this. Why do you think Massa will not race again?

I think he was referring to premature news reports that Massa may never race again.

Now just watch it you Northants Ninny or I'll set my Massey Ferguson on your Yamaha :)

How do you drive a tractor with your webbed feet and seven fingers?

A tractor??? Massey Ferguson is the name I give to my tadger :D

Ahhh, now I understand the metaphor;

"We plough the field and scatter the good seed of the land...."

Last week in F1, Peter Sauber failed to sell his 20% of nothing at the first attempt, I got a Brawn GP rain jacket for my birthday, [yeah, so there!], Schumi went a-karting 'cos they won't let him play with big toys until a week next Friday, Felipe got the all clear from his Brazilian doctors, [thank your Lord, whoever he may be], Polish Bert had a chat with Flab, [apparently], the new Concorde agreement was ratified but apart from the FOTA mob, [minus BMW, for the time being] quite which teams have signed, we know not, McLaren and Marks & Spencers are making kiddy clothes together, Brawn is talking MS 'up' - a lot!, [why] and Jean Todt outlined his vision for F1's future including the creation of the post of a Commissioner for F1 and a shake up of the Stewarding system - you won't find me arguing with that. All in all, some business got done, Max and Bernie hardly got mentioned, Massa continued to recover and everyone is beginning to realise that a four week break is sooooooo ****ing BORING!!!

Last week in F1, Peter Sauber failed to sell his 20% of nothing at the first attempt, I got a Brawn GP rain jacket for my birthday, [yeah, so there!], Schumi went a-karting 'cos they won't let him play with big toys until a week next Friday, Felipe got the all clear from his Brazilian doctors, [thank your Lord, whoever he may be], Polish Bert had a chat with Flab, [apparently], the new Concorde agreement was ratified but apart from the FOTA mob, [minus BMW, for the time being] quite which teams have signed, we know not, McLaren and Marks & Spencers are making kiddy clothes together, Brawn is talking MS 'up' - a lot!, [why] and Jean Todt outlined his vision for F1's future including the creation of the post of a Commissioner for F1 and a shake up of the Stewarding system - you won't find me arguing with that. All in all, some business got done, Max and Bernie hardly got mentioned, Massa continued to recover and everyone is beginning to realise that a four week break is sooooooo ****ing BORING!!!

I wonder if F1 ever had a 4-week break in a season, this is just pure torture...especially with MS's return.

I wonder if F1 ever had a 4-week break in a season, this is just pure torture...especially with MS's return.

Not in my living memory - but, that's pretty banged up!

Last week in F1, Peter Sauber failed to sell his 20% of nothing at the first attempt,

Even worse, BMW failed to negotiate a rescue of the team. Basically, they failed to close a deal before the new agreement so they will have to sign up as a new time, should they rescue it. It's a waste of many millions for any investor. A very stupid and inefficient move from a very stupid an inefficient company. Bye, BMW, you ruineed everything you touched.

I got a Brawn GP rain jacket for my birthday, [yeah, so there!]

It's all white with a detachable little Virgin logo? Looks lie the best jacket of them all but you have the feeling that it won't last until next year? :P

Polish Bert had a chat with Flab

And I am drooling at the prospect. Glad there is still future in F1 for one of the few surviving great drivers with some distinctive character to diferentiate him from the logos on his car.

, [apparently], the new Concorde agreement was ratified but apart from the FOTA mob, [minus BMW, for the time being] quite which teams have signed, we know not,

All the new times are keeping a notoriously low profile. Or maybe nobody cares about anything anymore. Anyways, it was a typical case of much ado about nothing.

McLaren and Marks & Spencers are making kiddy clothes together

They probably just copied some italian design.

Brawn is talking MS 'up' - a lot!

I still can't decide if he is being kind or just needs a marketeable opposition to make his championship more interesting.

, [why] and Jean Todt outlined his vision for F1's future including the creation of the post of a Commissioner for F1 and a shake up of the Stewarding system - you won't find me arguing with that.

On the paper it sounds good (almost inevitable). I keep wondering if this isn't going to become just a resurrected FISA, with an undead Balestre as its head. Well, that would at least be original.

All in all, some business got done, Max and Bernie hardly got mentioned, Massa continued to recover and everyone is beginning to realise that a four week break is sooooooo ****ing BORING!!!

What worries me is that the regular season felt as boring to me for the first time. I don't know if it's just me, though.

Even worse, BMW failed to negotiate a rescue of the team. Basically, they failed to close a deal before the new agreement so they will have to sign up as a new time, should they rescue it. It's a waste of many millions for any investor. A very stupid and inefficient move from a very stupid an inefficient company. Bye, BMW, you ruineed everything you touched.

I couldn't agree more

It's all white with a detachable little Virgin logo? Looks lie the best jacket of them all but you have the feeling that it won't last until next year? :P

No, it's grey without a V logo and will last for years if you look after it. :mf_tongue:

And I am drooling at the prospect. Glad there is still future in F1 for one of the few surviving great drivers with some distinctive character to diferentiate him from the logos on his car.

Problem is, Renault could follow BMW. Mecachrome are in Chapter 11 protection and the gallic temperament is nothing, if fickle. The Concorde agreement is but a bit of paper.

All the new times are keeping a notoriously low profile. Or maybe nobody cares about anything anymore. Anyways, it was a typical case of much ado about nothing.

I am sure by 'times' you mean 'teams'. I don't care - do you?

They probably just copied some italian design.

Lewis did them. :lol:

I still can't decide if he is being kind or just needs a marketeable opposition to make his championship more interesting.

Or get him in a BGP002?

On the paper it sounds good (almost inevitable). I keep wondering if this isn't going to become just a resurrected FISA, with an undead Balestre as its head. Well, that would at least be original.

Will Ari Vatenen be offered the Commissioners' job? Or, nightmare scenario - MAX DOES A PUTIN AND GETS IT!!!

What worries me is that the regular season felt as boring to me for the first time. I don't know if it's just me, though.

It's never boring for me - just tiresome sometimes.

That's only opening the selection process for the place that BMW vacated though, what they should really do is open the whole thing again. Or better yet, have done it fairly in the first place.

BGP were lucky last year - Honda having already paid up the entrance fees. BMW have had it, basically. I hope Prodrive/Aston Martin get in. We already have three 'Minardi' type teams entered - do we need any more?

Hasn't Richards said he isn't interested now though since being rejected for the second time?