Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kopite Girl

In The Spotlight

1. Why did you join this forum?

I think it was the middle age crisis: I started to complete all those pending matters: I did a 2 year Automobile design course, I´m playing Table Tennis again, etc. I love F1. I follow it since 1972! And I wanted and want to talk about it and since my friends don´t even understand it the only place to go was TF1!

2. Blondes, brunettes or redheads?

I like beautiful women whatever it looks, but I have an special predilection for blondes. I like brunettes with blue eyes too! And of course almost any girl who answer my "calls".

3. Ideal lady?

My wife. Beautifull, likes sports and shares my pasion for travel and good life! ... and after 12 years she still make me hot!

4. Your most favourite sportsman ever?

I rather split the answer in two: a.- those who admire for their achievements and b.- those I admire for their for sportmanship.

a.- Borg, Steffi Graff, Ingemar Stegmar, Herma Maier, Ray "sugar" Leonard, JM Fangio, Prost, Nadia Comaneci, Pete Sampras, Haile Gebreselassi, Bobby Fisher, and many more

b.- the most important (imo): Federer, Fangio, Borg, Sampras, Jim Clark

c.- Because I like them: Jacky Ickx, Jochen Rindt, Walter Rohl, Bjorn Waaldegard, Sandro Munari.

5. If you could live anywhere in The world where would you settle on.

The world! I need to find a place near the people I love, the sea and a good Ski resort.

6. What would you do with 10 million bucks?

I´ll share half with my family and family in law and with the rest first I will honor my word: With my close friends we reached an agreement. The one who wins the lotto must pay a 2 week travel for all to the "Hedonism club" in the caribbean with no wife and children, just to think what to do with such amount of money...

Then I´ll think the way to close those pending issues: a lap at the Green Hell driving a Porsche, Windsurf at Mexican Gulf, travel to Polinesia, ski at Aspen and Insbruck, watch the Monaco GP fom the Hotel terrace, buy a Porsche 917 and Lancia Stratos replicas, and build my own car.

7. Name 5 people who have influenced your life.

My teachers at a catholic school: they show me the way! Now I´m agnostic with atheism tendence...

8. How would you rate yourself as a person?

A complex but good person with the intention to still learning the way to happiness.

So, if you please. Lets see if it works!

I would like to see Mike / Mr. Gorilla / the only ever Vittorio´s fan in the history of the world answering the questionaire.

I can't help but notice that a number of you have cited B. Borg in the "sportsmen" category (rather than what, Percy, the "Ideal lady" question??). He, more than anyone, made me follow tennis at a time when I otherwise had little interest. Yes, as noted, calm, cool and brilliant as one could imagine. You had to watch Borg at Wimbledon for the same reason you were compelled to watch Senna at Monaco, because of that potential for something magical happening.

clap3.gif I continue to enjoy these postings on this topic, one of Stephy's best threads.

I can't help but notice that a number of you have cited B. Borg in the "sportsmen" category (rather than what, Percy, the "Ideal lady" question??). He, more than anyone, made me follow tennis at a time when I otherwise had little interest. Yes, as noted, calm, cool and brilliant as one could imagine. You had to watch Borg at Wimbledon for the same reason you were compelled to watch Senna at Monaco, because of that potential for something magical happening.

Indeed! I was about to claim being the first one to highlight this until I noticed I didn't include him on MY list :lol:

An unforgivable error. He was one of the trully greatest of all times.

clap3.gif I continue to enjoy these postings on this topic, one of Stephy's best threads.

Bjorn Borg was great! An even greater when you think he played with bad boy like McEnroe and Connors who always deserved somoene to put them a tennis raquet as a clown´s bib!

Bjorn Borg was great! An even greater when you think he played with bad boy like McEnroe and Connors who always deserved somoene to put them a tennis raquet as a clown´s bib!

My favourite tennis player was McEnroe and still is in some way. I liked Borg very much too but for me the bad boy was Ivan the Terrible Lendl. The golden years of tennis...

Thanks David!

Hey, Mr Argento sir, I haven't seen Russ in a while. I hope he's Ok. Can you tag someone else for now until his safe return?

Russ, hope you're ok mate.

I like to have a way to express my opinions about a sport I love.

Irrelevant. My Father said, if you're not marrying your best friend, forget it. I finally heeded his advice and he was right.

3. Ideal lady?

The one I'm married to now. I know she'd die for me and I for her.

Sir Ian Botham. The perfect marriage of steel testicles and consummate skill.

Aruba - it's perfect

I got through a similar amount in the eighties but most of it went up my nose and into my ex-wife's pocket! My major regret was having to sell my 1955 S1 for peanuts! I'd like another one. Perfect colonial chariot. A nice house on Aruba, with vintage studio and copious amounts of extremely rare guitars should see off a fair chunk of it. Jan likes to retrain and re-home maltreated dogs and it would be nice to fund that project for her too.

My Father. Michael Walls, my tutor at Oxford. Son House. Howlin' Wolf. Keith Richards.

Selfish, a little too arrogant but dedicated to those I care for and who love me. I'm basically human - I think!

I tag Handy - my favourite Kiwi

I like to have a way to express my opinions about a sport I love.

Irrelevant. My Father said, if you're not marrying your best friend, forget it. I finally heeded his advice and he was right.

3. Ideal lady?

The one I'm married to now. I know she'd die for me and I for her.

Sir Ian Botham. The perfect marriage of steel testicles and consummate skill.

Aruba - it's perfect

I got through a similar amount in the eighties but most of it went up my nose and into my ex-wife's pocket! My major regret was having to sell my 1955 S1 for peanuts! I'd like another one. Perfect colonial chariot. A nice house on Aruba, with vintage studio and copious amounts of extremely rare guitars should see off a fair chunk of it. Jan likes to retrain and re-home maltreated dogs and it would be nice to fund that project for her too.

My Father. Michael Walls, my tutor at Oxford. Son House. Howlin' Wolf. Keith Richards.

Selfish, a little too arrogant but dedicated to those I care for and who love me. I'm basically human - I think!

I tag Handy - my favourite Kiwi

I loved your answer specially those on bold, I like Aruba a lot, yesterday I was talking to my daughter about it and showing her some pictures I found on google

I agree with you; Aruba is windsurfer´s paradise!!!! I was windsurfing there 10 years ago... with my girlfriend... and now she is my wife... well nobody is perfect!!!

My turn, huh? Let me put me thinking cap on then...

Don't think there was any real reason...no...wait...it's coming to me....oh, yes, that's right....there was a gun pointed at my head. It was either this or continuing to live my life normally. I often wonder if I chose wisely?!?!?

Married a blonde, but she turned into a cheat, but I'm not one to tar others by association. So blonde for me, but not too fussed so long as the a## is small and you can bounce a coin off it. (That's not being too shallow is it?!?!?!!)

3. Ideal lady?

Kristen Bell in take home form. Yup. That'll do.

John Tomac

Growing up it would have been "Danger Bay" in British Columbia, Canada, but now I'm all grown up and sensible, I'd have to say where I used to live - Papamoa Beach - right here in little ol' NZ.

Buy this: http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/mclaren/1205621860/1205621860ss.htm

Buy this: http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/lola/1251158269/1251158269ss.htm

Buy this: http://www.tomac.com/bikes/primer.php

Buy this: http://www.2stagebikes.com/cs/services.asp?type=15

(Because one of anything is never enough)

Set up a motorsport race shop

Build me a new spanky danky house by the beach

Buy my daughter all the lollies and chocolate she's ever wanted

Buy some new shoes - mine are 5-years old....

Influence can be either good or bad, so on the "bad influence" side of the ledger, have to say my ex-wife, and on the "good influence" side, have to say our beautiful daughter.

Fan ****ing tan tisticalliastic (is that a word?). Numerically, I'm an 11 (out of 10, of course).

Has Brad had the honour to answer yet? If not....the ball is in your court, dude :)

...6. What would you do with 10 million bucks?

A 1955 S1; Son House, Howlin' Wolf, Keith Richards; and a honest response to looking in the mirror. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Craig: You're as mad as a hatter and only motivate me to get to New Zealand all the sooner. By the way, I've spoken to a few others here and we'll be wiring funds for those new shoes. Your daughter told us that the old ones really do need to go.

My turn, huh? Let me put me thinking cap on then...

Don't think there was any real reason...no...wait...it's coming to me....oh, yes, that's right....there was a gun pointed at my head. It was either this or continuing to live my life normally. I often wonder if I chose wisely?!?!?

Married a blonde, but she turned into a cheat, but I'm not one to tar others by association. So blonde for me, but not too fussed so long as the a## is small and you can bounce a coin off it. (That's not being too shallow is it?!?!?!!)

3. Ideal lady?

Kristen Bell in take home form. Yup. That'll do.

John Tomac

Growing up it would have been "Danger Bay" in British Columbia, Canada, but now I'm all grown up and sensible, I'd have to say where I used to live - Papamoa Beach - right here in little ol' NZ.

Buy this: http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/mclaren/1205621860/1205621860ss.htm

Buy this: http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/lola/1251158269/1251158269ss.htm

Buy this: http://www.tomac.com/bikes/primer.php

Buy this: http://www.2stagebikes.com/cs/services.asp?type=15

(Because one of anything is never enough)

Set up a motorsport race shop

Build me a new spanky danky house by the beach

Buy my daughter all the lollies and chocolate she's ever wanted

Buy some new shoes - mine are 5-years old....

Influence can be either good or bad, so on the "bad influence" side of the ledger, have to say my ex-wife, and on the "good influence" side, have to say our beautiful daughter.

Fan ****ing tan tisticalliastic (is that a word?). Numerically, I'm an 11 (out of 10, of course).

Has Brad had the honour to answer yet? If not....the ball is in your court, dude :)

Blue: I didn't get that part, would you be please so kind to explain this process to me?

Red: Hell yes(and I am copying Mike with this answer) but I mean it, I would gladly give those ten million plus interests(the ones from question 6) for a weekend with her in Aruba.

I was a spectator for a year or so before I joined. I admired the knowledge of guys like Senna, Cav, MG and all the folk talking about F1. Was never my intention to join. Until that is, the ridiculous worship of Alonso after his 1st championship win. I had to step in and together with Jemstride... ahem, restore order

Don't care, as long as they can perform, especially well on top.

*oh sorry, thought I was alone again*

3. Ideal lady?

Kate Benkinsale or Charlize Theron or Naomi Campbell in take home form. yes Handy, thanks for the thought... :D

Hard one. Could be Adrian Kuiper (only the finest destructive batsman in cricket) or some other rugby player I grew up watching. I'll settle for Kimi for his raw talent and don't give a Sh#t attitude.

Right here in beautiful South Africa. In some Karoo farm far from the hustle and bustle of the city. With a dog named stoffels, who looks after sheep and so forth. Who does'nt listen to me and disobey every order. Who does'nt like what it ate yesterday. Who'de like to sleep inhouse and wakes me up in the middle of the night to go wee.

I believe in sharing and that rich people have an enormous responsility towards their fellow human brother's. So, i'de share and help others.

My father. I also like to think Elvis and Bruce Lee too, maybe they're just in my heroes catagory. No wait, definately Elvis for all the dreams, inspirations and aspirations. Mandela and Steve Biko. Jesus Christ too, in the biggest way possible.

Giving, forgiving and unselfish. If you don't believe me ask my wife :D

I tag Cav

:clap3: Great answers, even when I don't know your sportman, the place were you would settle on and definitely disgaree on ideal lady except for Theron :naughty: but I even liked the choice you made when tagging the next person, I really want to hear from Cav.

Steph, forget about the bike and try to stay out of trouble we need more thread like this one.

Excellent thread Steph - really. Hope you are on the mend.

1. Why did you join this forum? It was in the days of Alistair (Senna), Dan (Bajo), Shaun (nojvnof1) and others equally luminous that I stumbled on this place. As Mike has said before it was sort of like a pub on the interweb, where the punters all had a liking for F1 to varying degrees. We talked more about F1 in those days, though. And there was more in the way of pig headed conviction. And they seemed a decent bunch. And, of course, because all my friends were too stupid to realise that F1 and motorsport are the only sports worth talking about. Other than cricket.

2. Blondes, brunettes or redheads? Redheads. But go easy on the freckles.

3. Ideal lady? I already live with her.

4. Your most favourite sportsman ever? Daley Thompson.

5. If you could live anywhere in The world where would you settle on? Ardnamurchan

6. What would you do with 10 million bucks? Save the orangutans. And then meet all most of you. Wearing an Edwardian smoking jacket. Not necessarily all at once, mind. As it is, I've managed to meet Steve, and I once drove past Ben's house. Well, it's a start.

7. Name 5 people who have influenced your life. My great grandfather, Harry Marlow - all round top bloke. My first college tutor, Jim Giles - gave me the necessary kick up the arse. Bernard Kliban for seeing through it all. Fred Dibnah just for existing. And whover invented IPA....

8. How would you rate yourself as a person? A good egg.

À bientôt.

Russ. Good to see you buddy.

And thanks guys. Tommy. Can't do without the bike, dude. I'm sorry. But I can do without salt and vinegar crisps.

And there was more in the way of pig headed conviction.

There's still a fair bit of that. ^_^

Ardnamurchan

I said that three times quickly and actually went back in time.

I forgot to tag anyone. So, it's your turn Adam.

I said that three times quickly and actually went back in time.

Trust me, if you go there you'll think you really have.