Pucky the Whale 0 Report post Posted June 30, 2010 Hey - that kind of insight beats the average TV pundit's efforts hands down. It can't be worse than the U.S. American sportscasters... When your arm gets hit, the ball is not going to go where you want it to. Or even just be , who actually called the 2002 World Cup for the United States coverage :mellow: Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
AleHop 0 Report post Posted June 30, 2010 Spain are looking a little sluggish compared to 2008, but I still think they'll beat Paraguay. Hopefully. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Argento Reloaded 1 Report post Posted July 2, 2010 tristeza nao tem fin..... BRASIL out! Fernando Melo you make me very happy!!! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
freaky2 1 Report post Posted July 2, 2010 You sound very sad, Argento Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Rainmaster 7 Report post Posted July 2, 2010 The dream final is off! Brazil Ah well, c'mon Argentina. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Pucky the Whale 0 Report post Posted July 2, 2010 Good to see another of the big teams fall! I imagine Netherlands and Argentina will go to the final. Conflicted again...I want Netherlands and Uruguay but I can only have one. Poor Ghana...good showing by them to make it this far though. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
yurp 0 Report post Posted July 3, 2010 Wow - Argentina's Cup to loose now! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
freaky2 1 Report post Posted July 3, 2010 Argentina = furious fail. Sorry Argento I admit that I had a gut feeling that they would lose, I hadn't watched them play so far, but the rumours were strong and knowing the rival... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
yurp 0 Report post Posted July 3, 2010 Wow - Argentina's Cup to loose now! oops! commiserations our argentinian friends Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Pucky the Whale 0 Report post Posted July 3, 2010 This World Cup. No words for it. Paraguay 10 - Spain 2.5. That will be the only sensible thing now. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Rainmaster 7 Report post Posted July 3, 2010 Argentina I'm running out of teams to adopt. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
AleHop 0 Report post Posted July 3, 2010 URUGUAY vs. NETHERLANDS GERMANY vs. SPAIN Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
yurp 0 Report post Posted July 4, 2010 Funnily enough - my orginal tip for the top (Spain) are still in it - bizarre. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
AleHop 0 Report post Posted July 4, 2010 Funnily enough - my orginal tip for the top (Spain) are still in it - bizarre. It could have been Paraguay in the semifinal. We were lucky today but it's really worrying since Spain have to play against Germany in a matter of days. They've improved a lot since Euro2008, unlike Spain. Let's see. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
freaky2 1 Report post Posted July 4, 2010 If it's any help, I think Germany will beat Spain too, unless the Spanish team suddenly get enlightened. Anyway, at least Germany won't be defending with 9 people, so the match should be good XD Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Quiet One 15 Report post Posted July 4, 2010 Well, that was a short and fast trip! It's just wonderful to see how the exact same local journalists have defenestrated Maradona before the World Cup, then idolize him, then came back to lynch him, all without even blinking. No matter what "they knew all along..." that Maradona sucked/was a genius/was a failure. It saddens me when I think that they are paid a lot more than I am precisely because of their knowledge...for people that are even worse at faking any knowledge than I am Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
LabradoRacer 2 Report post Posted July 4, 2010 Hmm, 3 of my 4 desired teams in the semis. Not bad. I think Holland should emerge champs. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Persevere 0 Report post Posted July 4, 2010 Hmm, 3 of my 4 desired teams in the semis. Not bad. I think Holland should emerge champs. I'd expect nothing less with those damn wooden shoes they were. (Boy, oh boy, do I know my soccer football.) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
LabradoRacer 2 Report post Posted July 4, 2010 I'd expect nothing less with those damn wooden shoes they were. (Boy, oh boy, do I know my soccer football.) You did that to rile me, didn't you? Oh well, doesn't matter. It's high time I stopped being anal-retentive. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
JHS 1 Report post Posted July 4, 2010 Thank goodness this silly tornament is nearly over for another 4 years! The arguments and friendships it has broken will take goodness knows how much longer to heal. Less good is that I've just learned the final will be screened at Silverstone after the race is over. Not that anyone will care as INGER-LUND arn't in it. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
AleHop 0 Report post Posted July 4, 2010 If it's any help, I think Germany will beat Spain too, unless the Spanish team suddenly get enlightened. Anyway, at least Germany won't be defending with 9 people, so the match should be good XD It isn't any help. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
yurp 0 Report post Posted July 7, 2010 Holland beat Paraguay. I was thinking 2 rounds ago that this was a Latin American cup. Now we find that a European team will win outside Europe for the first time ever. So many twists and turns this year. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
AleHop 0 Report post Posted July 7, 2010 Holland beat Paraguay. I was thinking 2 rounds ago that this was a Latin American cup. Now we find that a European team will win outside Europe for the first time ever. So many twists and turns this year. It was Uruguay. Oh, and we understand each other. It's many times easier to understand Latinamericans than Spaniards. You didn't want to listen to me. In the European teams I think Holland could do a great Championship. USA can do much better than expected if they believe and are lucky with referees. Argentina and Brazil classic. Tomorrow Germany are the favorites against Spain but for the World Cup I think Holland is a tough rival. Let's see. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites