Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHS

2011 Rumour Mill

The baby that cries the loudest gets fed the most.... Pity you don't understand.....oh yes I forgot....you can't..

Funny...as you are a self proclaimed neutral fan you only hear Lewis complain...while there were drivers out there who complained about their lack of horsepower on their engines even when they were trashing everyone.

More insults. Fair enough. I won't sink to your level, however much I'd like to.

Yes, and I guess it works the other way round too. I guess there are some fans who like to think they are neutral fan but don't think Hamilton can do ANYTHING wrong whatever he does.

I guess you didn't think he was to blame for lie-gate for example? Lying to the stewards to get a nother driver disqualified when his team is the one that's made the mistake? I lost a lot of respect for him that day.

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion, as anybody is. What I don't take kindly though, is being insulted for MY opinion. Last time I checked, the TF1 rules permitted having an opinion.

And with that, I'm done with this discussion. It's for another place anyway as this has gone massively off topic.

More insults. Fair enough. I won't sink to your level, however much I'd like to.

Yes, and I guess it works the other way round too. I guess there are some fans who like to think they are neutral fan but don't think Hamilton can do ANYTHING wrong whatever he does.

I guess you didn't think he was to blame for lie-gate for example? Lying to the stewards to get a nother driver disqualified when his team is the one that's made the mistake? I lost a lot of respect for him that day.

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion, as anybody is. What I don't take kindly though, is being insulted for MY opinion. Last time I checked, the TF1 rules permitted having an opinion.

And with that, I'm done with this discussion. It's for another place anyway as this has gone massively off topic.

You have already sunk far lower. I wonder if you can sink deeper. Try, but don't drown or choke yourself.

Do you know why I called you an Idiot in first place? its because you were diverting from the actual arguement. You were avoiding my actuall questions,We were talking about Lewis's radio calls (or cries as you may like to call it). Not liegate....I never ever told that Lewis was right to lie nor did i ever deny that he lied. Infact, I was wondering what it has to do with anything we were discusing and why were you bringing up that issue when we were talking about Lewis complaining about his car on the radio!!! As you yourself clamed to be an Engish speaker, its surprsing how you can answer back in a way that is totally unrelated to the original arguement between us which was in English..... I kept reminding about the the actual discusion between us, but it is you who kept diverting just to prove your point that Lewis is that bad. Its you who kept comparing him to Vettel and complaining about his attitude and kept typing non stop nonsense. And now you say that you were insulted and its all gone out of topic..

The irony.

Let's all have a moan about moaners having a moan about drivers having a moan! Good golly! If every comment any of us made about work or school was mistranslated, exaggerated, and plastered on the cover of "News of the World" under a screen capture of Bristol Palin's latest sextape none of us would have our jobs left (or, in the case of the students here, get spanked with a ruler, which would be filmed, and make the cover of the next "News of the World".) :P

But enough with all that, what say you all about the 2011 rumours? Pastor Maldonado has a big announcement upcoming, says Pastor Maldonado. Williams? HRT? Joining "Top Gear Venezuela" as "El Stigo?" And what of the empty seats he doesn't take (well, I guess he could have more than one ride, is there a rule about that? Maybe the rule under being able to have opinions :P)? And can Senna please get another crack at it?

Has Maure finally _walked_ then? :P

nah - I think he's only on 95% of users' ignore lists so far. 5% are still reading. :)

I find these rumours quite annoying.

If you are polish and or a polish journalist, you are going to start making up cr#p like, Kubica is going to replace Massa. In your wildest dreams buddy! I think Kubica is a great driver, but Massa ain't going anywhere (let's just call it, inside info). Massa is the perfect partner for Alonso ;)

As for the Hulk, those rumours about him replacing Schumacher were started by his manager.

Heidfeld moving to Renault? He is a has-been. Besides, aren't there already enough German drivers to pick from? He is no money and just as much talent.

All these rumours are....well just rumours, started by wishful thinking fans who want to see their favourite drivers in red or silver. Ain't going to happen....not in 2011 anyway. Let's wait for contracts to finish their course. There is very very little chance of the "Let's-back-stab-Kimi" contract break up happening again...(or "See-u-l8tr-lazy-baastaard" depending on your allegiance).

As for 2012, well that WILL be interesting:

Webber's contract expires

Button's contract expires

Who else?

EDIT:Typo

:lol:

An entertaining thread. I love how there seems to be a generation gap between the calm posters and the angry ones, and how the elder statesmen think they're above it all.

By now I probably should know better too, but you're all idiots. And I think you all raised some good points.

I am above it all, Graham! Sitting in my lofty eyrie dispensing bon mots. It's the only way :D .

I am above it all, Graham! Sitting in my lofty eyrie dispensing bon mots. It's the only way :D .

Anyone who likes Steve Hackett has class, in my book worshippy.gif. Ferrari can't handle two 'star' drivers, they never could. On the other hand, for my money, Massa is making mistakes because he is trying too hard. He certainly qualifies to be someone's No.1 on raw speed and his vast experience alone. The question is: who? My suggestion would be Force India. Liuzzi breaks cars and Sutil is inconsistency itself. It's a thought. I was very pleased to see Peter Sauber get Telmex on board and retain Kobi as his No.1. A super move. I do think there will be little change down the field and Nick Heidfield may find himself testing and running in DTM.

That makes an awful lot of sense. In a good way. I think it may be too late for a move out of Ferrari this year, though. Aren't Liuzzi and Sutil confirmed at FI?

You have already sunk far lower. I wonder if you can sink deeper. Try, but don't drown or choke yourself.

Do you know why I called you an Idiot in first place? its because you were diverting from the actual arguement. You were avoiding my actuall questions,We were talking about Lewis's radio calls (or cries as you may like to call it). Not liegate....I never ever told that Lewis was right to lie nor did i ever deny that he lied. Infact, I was wondering what it has to do with anything we were discusing and why were you bringing up that issue when we were talking about Lewis complaining about his car on the radio!!! As you yourself clamed to be an Engish speaker, its surprsing how you can answer back in a way that is totally unrelated to the original arguement between us which was in English..... I kept reminding about the the actual discusion between us, but it is you who kept diverting just to prove your point that Lewis is that bad. Its you who kept comparing him to Vettel and complaining about his attitude and kept typing non stop nonsense. And now you say that you were insulted and its all gone out of topic..

The irony.

Look, obviously you aren't the one who can't understand English.

It IS the same discussion. I'm discussing the various reasons I DO NOT LIKE Hamilton, which is what my original post bemoaning Hamilton was about. I've said what I've said about his radio comments, and various comebacks you have made to my posts has made me mention other things why I don't understand the hype surronding him. I think the only thing that is worse is his fans who clearly don't think he can do anything wrong, unlike every other driver on the grid who are evidently the devil reincarnated.

Anyway, if you want to take this discussion any further, feel free to PM me. I'm not bothering to respond to anymore of your drivel here, because it's not the place to do so.

Can I be a smug fan of just Formula One? Yes, I can.

To get this back on topic.

Ricciardo to STR in place of Buemi in '11?

A race c#ckpit vacancy might soon open up at Toro Rosso.

The Faenza based team is owned by Dietrich Mateschitz and billed as Red Bull's junior driver outfit, currently fielding youngsters Sebastien Buemi and Jaime Alguersuari.

The pair have been confirmed for the 2011 season, but there was earlier some confusion as to whether both Buemi and Alguersuari will ultimately line up on next year's grid.

The Toro Rosso lineup is now once again the subject of speculation, after the leading driver of Red Bull's current crop of up-and-comers - Australian Daniel Ricciardo - so impressed with his pace in the RB6 in Abu Dhabi last week.

The 21-year-old's programme for 2011 has not yet been decided, but neither Ricciardo nor his boss Dr Helmut Marko are ruling out a move into Formula One.

"We pushed Bernoldi, Klien, Liuzzi and Speed without a breakthrough," Marko said in Germany's Die Welt newspaper.

"Daniel Ricciardo is the next top talent. A new Vettel? I don't know," he added.

Next year, Ricciardo - Red Bull's F1 reserve in 2010 and second in the Renault World Series - might have a chance to prove himself.

When asked to assess the progress of Buemi and Alguersuari in 2010, Toro Rosso team boss Franz Tost hinted that Swiss Buemi, 22, has now had enough time to prove whether he belongs in F1.

"At the beginning of the season he scored points and had a really good level of performance. But at the end of the season he struggled a bit," Tost is quoted by redbull.com.

On the other hand, Tost said Spaniard Alguersuari has improved "step by step" and "is on the correct path".

When asked about driver continuity for 2011, Tost continued: "Well, you never know what will happen in Formula One. Our main priority is building a successful car.

"Regarding drivers and continuity, we will see," added the Austrian.

Source.

I'd be quite happy if this happened. As I've said elsewhere, GP2 is pretty much the same as FR3.5 and he's already shown what he can do there. GP2 is really expensive, and I think it'd just be a waste of a season to do that next year.

Neither current Toro Rosso has really impressed me that much recently, but I guess that could be due to inexperience. I guess Alguersuari is a better bet long term...

I think Ricciardo's ready for his F1 breakthrough though. He was very good in FR3.5 this year (the best rookie the series has seen since a certain Robert Kubica) and dominated the young driver's test. Somebody give him a ride. :P

That makes an awful lot of sense. In a good way. I think it may be too late for a move out of Ferrari this year, though. Aren't Liuzzi and Sutil confirmed at FI?

Sutil hasn't signed anything to my knowledge and poor old Hulkenberg has had the push. The latter move is financially driven, of course and the seat already filled but the Hulk may get a reserve role at Merc, methinks. It's never too late for anyone to move out of any team nowadays, has it?

To get this back on topic.

Ricciardo to STR in place of Buemi in '11?

I think Ricciardo's ready for his F1 breakthrough though. He was very good in FR3.5 this year (the best rookie the series has seen since a certain Robert Kubica) and dominated the young driver's test. Somebody give him a ride. :P

YES, yes and yes!

Buemi's lack of results has been absolutely frustrating! He is a waste of F1 seat space. The guy has been in F1 for two years and has nothing to show for it. The only reason he still has a seat is because his name is Sebastian and Marko has a thing for young men named Sebastian. Just like "Sebastian" Bourdais and Scott Speed - he just needs to go. Get him out of there! Ricardo is a fellow Australian (Aussie, aussie, aussie) and will avenge Mark Webber when he eventually kicks Vettel's a$$ in the RB7/8.....

As for Alguersuari, so much promise, so much disappointment. The only thing keeping in F1 is his pretty boy looks (ahem Marko?).

Sutil hasn't signed anything to my knowledge and poor old Hulkenberg has had the push. The latter move is financially driven, of course and the seat already filled but the Hulk may get a reserve role at Merc, methinks. It's never too late for anyone to move out of any team nowadays, has it?

Don't get me started on Luizzi and Sutil..... hopeless, just hopeless these two.

More DNFs and prangs than you can poke a stick at.

Force India should hire the Hulk and race only one car next year. They will win more points and save heaps of dough that way.

Ricciardo? Come on boys! He needs to stay in front Guerrieri and the russian in the last 2 races and failed! He lost in the track and won out of it! (Guerrieri´s tapegate, anyone?) He is good but a little bit too rookie by now.

(By the way Guerrieri gave him a lesson in Silverstone!)

So Ricciardo's good we think? I suppose I think so, too, but he had a bit of an advantage in the test driving the Red Bull that we shan't overlook and no one wants to see him go to F1 before he's ready and plop his career in the loo. Maybe another year at Formula Renault? I think kilo-for-kilo, Perez is the real future ace. I can see those Telmex logos on the Ferrari front wings one day. I guess I could be part of the Mexican press then :P.

Hasn't Norbert told him that to become a tester is to go backwards? That he should take a seat at a backmarker just to keep racing?

Or is that wily old Norbert just putting people off the scent?

Don't get me started on Luizzi and Sutil..... hopeless, just hopeless these two.

More DNFs and prangs than you can poke a stick at.

Force India should hire the Hulk and race only one car next year. They will win more points and save heaps of dough that way.

Did you get the Hulk to FI idea from me?? I think he should to replace Liuzzi, don't mind Sutil but Liuzzi is as you said hopeless!

Seen HRT may continue on with Davide Valsecchi after the young drivers' test. Senna/Valsecchi would be a good pairing for them, all things considered, I think. That d'Ambrosio looks likely to get the other Virgin. So what else have we got open assuming Maldonado's go at Williams? A Lotus for...? Chandhok?

Hasn't Norbert told him that to become a tester is to go backwards? That he should take a seat at a backmarker just to keep racing?

Indeed, Norbert did say that, but only because there would be less grub available in the Merc canteen.

A tester? Norb is right, a tester = out of the picture - out of sight, out of mind. But, if he can get a seat anywhere.. and beats an established player then he has a fighting chance. By not blowing Rubens out of the water (as a young Fernado/Hamster would probably have done imo), I fear young Hulk's bolt is shot.

I would have thought so.

Ricciardo? Come on boys! He needs to stay in front Guerrieri and the russian in the last 2 races and failed! He lost in the track and won out of it! (Guerrieri´s tapegate, anyone?) He is good but a little bit too rookie by now.

(By the way Guerrieri gave him a lesson in Silverstone!)

Just look at what he did at the young driver tests though. Cynics will say it was down to the RB6, but he's still got to drive reasonably competently to put in those times. Indeed, he would have actually qualified ahead of Webber for Abu Dhabi if he was on the grid based on those times.

The only way I can see Toro Rosso really improving over the next few years is if they have Ricciardo or Vergne as drivers. Alguersuari....I'm not convinced. Great guy, but there's nothing that really makes me think he'll be a future champion.

I agree with what somebody else has said about the Force India line up. A lot of people rave about Sutil, but not only does he come across as quite c#cky (am I allowed to say that, or am I at risk of being called an "idiot" again?) but he's not a guy i can see being a future champion either. I hope either Heidfeld, Hulkenberg or Chandok end up at Force India next year.

On the Valsecchi rumours....I'm not really that convinced about him. He was in a good team with iSport this year, but didn't too much.

I'm in agreement with what somebody else has said about Perez being a future star though. I'm going to be cheering on Sauber next year with a Perez/Kobayashi line-up. Both extremely exciting drivers to watch with a win-or-bin attitude. Sauber might end up with a lot of broken front wings at the end of next year, but I think they'll end up with a lot of points too, if the car is good enough.