Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

2016 Ferrari

Interesting on Brawn.

There's already reports Allison left due to a falling out with the fat little dictator. Marchionne is bad news. Marchionne is bad news. Marchionne is bad news.

The problem is like dangerous little Napoleans like Putin, Marchionne thinks he's far more greater than he really is. He's a company stooge on the sales front. He has no place or right to be the head of Ferrari. Just the fact he deposed Luca still p**ses me off. Not because he did, but in the manner it occured. Ferrari are doomed. If Brawn comes in, even he will not be able to withstand the meddling of Marchionne.

Once Marchionne goes, Ferrari will then have the very space and air to breath, and to focus properly on their direction. But as long as he stays, he will meddle. He may have qualifications to sell cars, but he knows nothing about F1, let alone running Ferrari.

It's time for John Elkann to place a phone call and tell certain people to take a step back, before we see headlines in British media, that it was actually Vettel, who has fired Allison. Arrivabene meanwhile must feel humiliated, loosing face like that.

Interestingly enough, Vettel is again in the news - we are OK, life goes on. Seb, the great optimist, but certain people in Italy from my understanding aren't very please with Elkann and his buddies.  

No, there isn't. His son played soccer with Seb in a charity event this week, but that's all what I know. Ross and JT are the only two of a few former associates, who are allowed to see him.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

No, there isn't. His son played soccer with Seb in a charity event this week, but that's all what I know. Ross and JT are the only two of a few former associates, who are allowed to see him.

Wtf wouldn't let me type text in the quote, anyway still a very sad story.

[Kimi, Ferrari portal] Regarding James Allison leaving the team, it’s not my job to comment and to be honest I don’t want to get involved because I have a great respect for him.”

Does this sounds like a comment about someone who has left the organization under his own volition in family related distress? Seriously.

11 minutes ago, radical-one said:

I have a feeling we will see Ross Brawn wearing red uniform soon :ferrari: 

Ross has denied this in last two weeks on at least three or four different occassions. Last time it was yesterday when he was attending Michael's exhibition.

I hope so Radical, but then I hope Brawn is hired to replace Marchionne. Now wouldn't that be something :)

If he's brought in under Marchionne it will be a failure. Marchionne has now shown his true colours. I would think he of all people would know he knows nothing about F1, or how to design a car. Yet there is he now attending briefings. Giving his team ultimatums isn't the answer. I for one don't think anyone at Ferrari are lazy and simply need a pep talk or to be convinced they now want to win instead of lose. The regulations are as much against them as anyone else.

I think however Brawn is in Frankfurt to do something with one of Schumi's charities. So quite possibly just a big co-incidence and nothing more. That or he's going fishing for the weekend.

20 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Ross has denied this in last two weeks on at least three or four different occassions. Last time it was yesterday when he was attending Michael's exhibition.

Ferrari have ways been good at telling a few fibs. I remember half way through 1995 when Schumacher had signed for Ferrari, they kept denying basically right up until pre season testing.

Can you name a one team which hasn't resorted to secrecy, and wasn't forced to answer media haffing evasively? After all, the only party which denied explicitly involvement was Ross, who does not works for Ferrari, last time I've checked, and I haven't cought Arrivabene lying about it either.

Doesn't matter anyway, there not going to catch redbull this season and defiantly not next year either as history has shown us time and time again, the one who always interprets the new rules the best and finds the loop holes is Adrian newey. He did it at Williams,mclaren and redbull numerous times.

Ross has meanwhile clarified, that a reason why he is not replacing Allison is not because he said No to Ferrari, but because he wasn't actually asked. Never say never is his motto, thus I gather they would have to ask him first, and then speculations about his future might cease. 

Steve Matchett, on the U.S TV feed, used to work with Allison (he was senior to him). He said if he has any fault, and some do not consider it a fault, it that he is willing to say what he thinks and he will stick with it. He then indicated that there was a culture difference between an F1 team, which is often very contentious and argumentative, and making road cars, which is more corporate. He pointed out that the current Ferrari management comes from a road car background.

AMuS is suggesting, that some heads of engineering staff Allison brought with him from Lotus might be living on borrowed time. Ferrari is in renaissance.

Well, they appear lost. Firing lots of people when you don't have the people on tap to replace them.....really is not a plan. I don't expect to see a renaissance.

I could almost read it.......

Anyhow, I gather that this is probably not the best time to fire their aerodynamicist.

It is the best time to hire a better aerodynamicist. Allison had 3 years to prove his worth, and for whatever of reasons, here we are, lacking dpwnforce and mechanical grip. I am beggining to doubt that Allison actually had a solution, had he stayed. Lack of on track testing is hurting Ferrari badly. At Lotus too, as in Maranello, it took them ages before they had found sweet setup for Kimi. Designed by Allison.

Allison is not the issue, they had no dramas in the past when he worked there, they were looking for someone to oust and it was Allison and use his personal issues as part of the story. Even Gerhard Berger thinks it's sus.